The Clippers are looking pretty good right now

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#21 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Posted December 08, 2008 - 02:52 PM

Glad to see our guys with a nice win last night. They truly have some very good players playing for them, and I can't wait to see Kaman back (maybe with Randolph on the court at the same time). Does anyone know what kind of injury Kaman has and exactly how long he's expected to be out? Also, should be quite entertaining tonight going up against a very good team in Orlando.

#22 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted December 12, 2008 - 10:33 PM

Good game vs the hated Blazers, Randolph had a nice home coming 38pts 11rebs.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#23 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted December 12, 2008 - 11:06 PM

What. A. Game.

Wow.. Just wow.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#24 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted December 12, 2008 - 11:12 PM

ohhhh [expletive]!
Zeeb did work.
deeefinitely TiVoing the re-air.

#25 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted December 12, 2008 - 11:15 PM

Guys, it was the most improbable comeback. Steve Blake, a 94% free throw shooter, missed 4/5 free throws. Clippers are down by 3.. With 8 Seconds left. BARON DAVIS WITH A SPECTACULAR 3 TO TIE THE GAME AT THE BUZZER.

Who woulda thought that Randolph, after missing his first 3 shots.. Would score 38 points. Even his first few makes were because of unbelievable passes from Camby.

But SNVE, it was definitely a game to tivo and watch. The game was competitive from the first second till the very end. I think the biggest lead was 8? Something like that.. and only for a few seconds too.

Brandon Roy is awesome, Oden is still very raw, Aldridge can't score when Camby is on him, and Rudy Fernandez's hops are out of this world.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#26 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 13, 2008 - 04:53 AM

Greg Oden is pretty much raw offensively, that's the knock on him, besides his injury concern... I feel his pressure though... All that hype, it's like all eyes are on him right now...

Aldridge is kinda soft IMO, he's not Brian Cook or Bargnani soft but still...

Edited by Avtomat Kalashnikov, December 13, 2008 - 04:53 AM.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#27 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted December 13, 2008 - 09:26 AM

Greg Oden is pretty much raw offensively, that's the knock on him, besides his injury concern... I feel his pressure though... All that hype, it's like all eyes are on him right now...

Yeah, he has a nice jumper, but they kept trying to run iso plays for him in both the overtimes. I think he was like 0-6 or something like that in the overtimes alone.. Why would you run iso plays for someone who's being guarded by Marcus Camby?

#28 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

• 3,271 posts

Posted December 13, 2008 - 10:23 PM

so that's what defense looks like...

#29 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted December 14, 2008 - 12:32 AM

so that's what defense looks like...

Couldn't have said it better myself, what a good defensive game tonight. And this was after a double overtime game just one night before this game, and no Kaman or RDavis. Wow.

Now if only we had bench contribution like the Lakers do, but at least we'll be getting Kaman and a HEALTHY Ricky coming off the bench.

#30 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts

Posted December 14, 2008 - 03:08 AM

Z-BO and Camby playing great last 2 games. When is Kaman expected back?
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#31 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted December 14, 2008 - 08:54 AM

Not everybody is meant to be a 'hard' player. Aldridge is actually of the Gasol mold. More of a finesse big man. He fits in perfectly with Greg Oden.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#32 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted December 14, 2008 - 11:06 AM

Z-BO and Camby playing great last 2 games. When is Kaman expected back?

Maybe a week ago, Kaman said something like 2-3 weeks.

#33 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

• 3,271 posts

Posted December 14, 2008 - 11:40 AM

all i know is if they play to the same level they the past two nights, their record is going to even out faster than everyone thinks.

#34 Helljumper

Helljumper

76ers GM

• 2,461 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 14, 2008 - 01:55 PM

Going 2-0 on a back-to-back set against the Blazers and Rockets is very impressive. They really need to see if they can trade Kaman though.
Posted Image

#35 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted December 14, 2008 - 01:57 PM

I would keep Kaman...he's one of the better post up players in the league and a 3 man frontline of camby/randolph/kaman is pretty good. You can switch around these guys in the starting lineup on game to game needs

Camby isn't getting and he's injury prone so Kaman is a good backup plan to have

and besides the clips bench is razor thin so Kaman can provide some pop from the pine

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#36 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts

Posted December 14, 2008 - 02:01 PM

I would keep Kaman...he's one of the better post up players in the league and a 3 man frontline of camby/randolph/kaman is pretty good. You can switch around these guys in the starting lineup on game to game needs

Camby isn't getting and he's injury prone so Kaman is a good backup plan to have

and besides the clips bench is razor thin so Kaman can provide some pop from the pine

The thing with that lineup is it keeps Gordon or Thornton on the bench and both guys are playing well. Camby is probably best suited for the 6th man role.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#37 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted December 14, 2008 - 03:29 PM

The thing with that lineup is it keeps Gordon or Thornton on the bench and both guys are playing well. Camby is probably best suited for the 6th man role.

I think I like this lineup best for now:

Baron
Gordon
Thornton
Randolph
Camby.

Kaman being the 6th man off the bench, with Ricky Davis picking up some scoring slack, Paul Davis being a reliable big who battles till the end, and Brian Skinner with some defense. And depending on the speed of the game, either Mike Taylor or Jason Hart as point guard. Mardy Collins hasn't been half bad either, and I wish Novak would bust some 3's, he's too good of a 3 point shooter to not shoot

DeAndre is still in the cellar being developed.. Hope they put him in the D-League! Look what it did for Farmar and Mike Taylor.

#38 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb

Posted December 14, 2008 - 04:56 PM

God you ever think the Clippers play a game-better defense than the Lakers?

:lol:

#39 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted December 14, 2008 - 06:33 PM

God you ever think the Clippers play a game-better defense than the Lakers?

:lol:

Haha :D

#40 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted December 17, 2008 - 01:25 AM

Great wins tonight.

I'm happy Clippers and Lakers both won, it's a good day.

Clips look to extend their winning streak to 4 tomorrow night in Chicago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users