The Clippers are looking pretty good right now

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,339 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 12:26 AM

I could tell by the game that they played against a very good Denver team that the Zach Randolf addition was a very good sign. Even though they lost by one point, they showed that they could compete with a top level team. Further, in rallying from behind and winning against a very decent Miami Heat team, they are honestly starting to look a lot better, especially considering that they were playing w/out Kaman, Davis, and Gordon. Eric Gordon was another suprise: Seeing his skill driving to the basket, and either dishing out to someone else or finishing is very promising, aside from his great 3-point shot. Clips have a difficult bunch of games coming up...Going against, Dallas, Houston, Orlando, and Portland. I really hope that they can get a couple wins from some of those teams, and get some heads to turn.

#2 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted December 02, 2008 - 12:32 AM

Hey thanks for the recognition bro, I'm loving this new team although I have to admit it's too early for me to start saying that Zach Randolph was the perfect fit.

ALTHOUGH I do believe he can be, or probably even is, I still need a few more good games out of him, just so he can prove it to me and everyone else :)

I really like the swagger he brings to the team (and the playing time he brings to Eric Gordon HAHA!)

I'm really liking Gordon as well, he's very unemotional, kinda like a silent assassin. Even if he scored 40+ points in a game his expression would not change at all. Mike Taylor impressed me the last few games too... He's really quick, a pesky defender and a nice finisher. Kinda like Sasha with extra jets, but more driving in as opposed to Sasha's unbelievable 3 point shooting.

Dunleavy is 1-0 with Zach Randolph so far, Z-bo excelled last game because Dunleavy busted out the playbook of (who else) Elton Brand and used it for him. He has a very nice face up jumper (and thank you D'Antoni), may have also improved his 3 point shooting.

Things are definitely looking better, a step in the right direction, they just need to get a win streak going. This is the 3rd opportunity they have (they have 3 wins on the season), and hopefully they can win tomorrow night against a fiesty Dallas team.

EDIT: As LD2k pointed out, the Clippers have been playing very good defense as of late, and their only problem right now is their free thow shooting.. Absolutely horrendous. But the ball movement looks GREAT, and the defense is MUCH better. One thing I'm still worried about is our ability to close out close games... Hopefully that has been fixed since we have a go to guy in Zach Randolph now.

Edited by TheCalmInsanity, December 02, 2008 - 12:34 AM.

I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#3 wong63

wong63

boy chef goin off up in the kitchen.

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 04:38 AM

The sad thing is that the clippers will always be seen as the scapegoats of LA no matter how many W's they get but what they really need is a whole franchise makeover with mainly a new head coach
:nah:

Edited by wong63, December 02, 2008 - 04:39 AM.

#4 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted December 02, 2008 - 07:01 AM

Get some Ws going for them will be a good re-start, from the last game. ;)

#5 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 08:17 AM

Get some Ws going for them will be a good re-start, from the last game. ;)

I agree.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#6 JavierLakerFan16

JavierLakerFan16

Lakers Live

• PipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 10:31 AM

the clips have "decent" talent I dont see them loosing so much this year maybe like 30-35 wins this year for them??

#7 GinzyVee

GinzyVee

Clutch

• 1,969 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 02, 2008 - 11:09 AM

idk dude the Clippers need to turn it around if they want to be good like wong said they will be the scapegoats

#8 JavierLakerFan16

JavierLakerFan16

Lakers Live

• PipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 11:11 AM

yeahh they have telent but there is no "chemistry".

#9 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,849 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 02, 2008 - 12:03 PM

I don't think you mean scapegoats. They're more like the stepchild in L.A.

A scapegoat is someone who gets blamed for the fault of others.

#10 R0S4l3S<3

R0S4l3S<3

DSG FO LYFE!

• 2,147 posts
  • Name:Ashley
  • Fan Since:born laker fan!!!
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE all da way

Posted December 02, 2008 - 01:27 PM

i've always hated clippers...still do :)

**well not hated, but just didnt like them.**

Edited by GLuvR09, December 02, 2008 - 01:28 PM.

Posted Image
"JUST SAY SHOOT" KOBE GOES IT ALL THE WAY"
"BEHIND EVERY SUCCESSFUL PERSON, LIES A TON OF HATERS"

#11 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,798 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted December 02, 2008 - 03:43 PM

Get rid of Dunleavy. That's how you fix the Clippers.

#12 wong63

wong63

boy chef goin off up in the kitchen.

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 04:25 PM

IMO i dont think LA is big enough in basketball means to have two winning teams with two different fan bases..maybe its just me becuz it hasnt happen in recent years and the last time the clippers had a good season the lakers couldnt make it out the first round..but anyway it would be exciting to see the clippers become a west conf. powerhouse and take on the lakers in the playoffs :yes:

Edited by wong63, December 02, 2008 - 04:30 PM.

#13 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 02, 2008 - 05:33 PM

Get rid of Dunleavy. That's how you fix the Clippers.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#14 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted December 02, 2008 - 05:42 PM

Hey thanks for the recognition bro, I'm loving this new team although I have to admit it's too early for me to start saying that Zach Randolph was the perfect fit.

ALTHOUGH I do believe he can be, or probably even is, I still need a few more good games out of him, just so he can prove it to me and everyone else :)

I really like the swagger he brings to the team (and the playing time he brings to Eric Gordon HAHA!)

I'm really liking Gordon as well, he's very unemotional, kinda like a silent assassin. Even if he scored 40+ points in a game his expression would not change at all. Mike Taylor impressed me the last few games too... He's really quick, a pesky defender and a nice finisher. Kinda like Sasha with extra jets, but more driving in as opposed to Sasha's unbelievable 3 point shooting.

Dunleavy is 1-0 with Zach Randolph so far, Z-bo excelled last game because Dunleavy busted out the playbook of (who else) Elton Brand and used it for him. He has a very nice face up jumper (and thank you D'Antoni), may have also improved his 3 point shooting.

Things are definitely looking better, a step in the right direction, they just need to get a win streak going. This is the 3rd opportunity they have (they have 3 wins on the season), and hopefully they can win tomorrow night against a fiesty Dallas team.

EDIT: As LD2k pointed out, the Clippers have been playing very good defense as of late, and their only problem right now is their free thow shooting.. Absolutely horrendous. But the ball movement looks GREAT, and the defense is MUCH better. One thing I'm still worried about is our ability to close out close games... Hopefully that has been fixed since we have a go to guy in Zach Randolph now.

very well put, my friend.
i think calm's contributions to these forums are a little undervalued.
anyway, from an entertainment standpoint, watching these guys is the most fun it's been since '06. i used to watch the clippers to gauge talent across the league when the lakers weren't playing, but i can honestly say that i enjoy watching them play... like to the point of TiVoing games. fight me.

#15 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,798 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 05:47 PM

anyway, from an entertainment standpoint, watching these guys is the most fun it's been since '06. i used to watch the clippers to gauge talent across the league when the lakers weren't playing, but i can honestly say that i enjoy watching them play... like to the point of TiVoing games. fight me.

:boxing:

#16 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 08:20 PM

Ok the Clips just choked a 13 point lead at Dallas in the 4th

i don't feel so bad now :lol:

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#17 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 02, 2008 - 08:35 PM

^ I actually kinda heard 15 by Ralph Lawler, but maybe he messed up? Anyway, same here, my thoughts exactly when I saw that ish go down, but still, it's the Clippers, we're the Lakers, HUGE difference. No excuse for what happened to US.

#18 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,798 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 08:42 PM

Not a good day for LA :(

#19 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 09:52 PM

Yeah.. What a devastating day for LA...

The Lakers should have won that game. Hands down. Kobe was CLUTCH- that was his game. Troy Murphy had to get the luckiest put back out of nowhere to spoil it. Wow.

As for the Clippers, the Mavericks didn't win. The Clippers lost. Simple as that. Wow... What a freaking game. Clippers have finally learned how to play team basketball, how to play good defense.. They looked unstoppable for every stretch of this game till the last 3 minutes. Anything Dallas would do Clippers would do better. I'm telling you guys, Randolph has raised this team to a new level right now, and everyone is playing with higher spirits.

...Until the 4th quarter...

Clippers have learned how to play! They've learned chemistry! They've learned defense! What are they missing?

THE ABILITY TO CLOSE OUT GAMES.

This game was OVER! It was done.. Clippers outplayed Mavs. Period. End of story. They outplayed them and then just gave the game away.. It was really uncalled for I'm so frustrated right now, and I'm sure they are too... They rushed every play in the last few minutes, taking ill advised 3's very early in the shot clock trying to ice the game instead of just playing their normal game that had been doing them so much good. It might have been from Dunleavy overplaying the starters.. But the bench was very off tonight and just could not contribute. Kill me but I want Ricky Davis back! I'm really praying his injury was the reason he was so bad in the beginning of this season. Oh and I MISS KAMAN!!! BRING HIM BACK we needed him! Our starters had way too many minutes tonight! They can't handle that just yet!!

I'm very dissappointed... And yet, for the 328937th time, I've seen what this team is capable of... Now why don't they just give me an early Christmas + Birthday present and PROVE MY POINTS? :(

Thanks alot for the compliments buddy.. It's great to hear. I'm glad you enjoy watching the Clippers, heck, for me, the worst thing from tonight was the fact that I have to sleep, wake up, go to school, then wait till 5:30 pm tomorrow to see the Clippers play again and try to redeem themselves. Yes you're right, that's barely any time in the NBA schedule, because usually they skip a day or two till the next game, but devastating losses like this just make you want them to rewind time and play again right now SO bad.. just so you can put this bad game behind you.

All that being said... Thornton is an absolute beast. Randolph is going to be the savior of this team, and maybe even the leader, depending on how good Baron plays. Maybe they can co-op or something, haha. Baron's been better but needs to learn his niche during the clutch with this team.. This isn't Golden State anymore. He'll figure it out. Gordon is going to be awesome. The mistakes he made tonight are going to help him learn.

Looking forward to tomorrow night's Clipper game! Thanks for the support, Laker Nation friends. Don't worry about the Lakers' loss tonight- Losses are never welcomed, but every team needs some to recieve a wake up call. You don't want to go into the Lakers vs Celtics game overconfident do you? :) Lakers will be fine this year, I'm still standing by my prediction of a 68 win season.

Edited by TheCalmInsanity, December 02, 2008 - 09:54 PM.

#20 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 09:58 PM

One thing I'm still worried about is our ability to close out close games...

I absolutely hit the nail right on the head before this game even started.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users