#1 tdonline

tdonline

Rookie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Fan Since:1980s-Magic-Kareem-Big Game James-AC, etc
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 28, 2008 - 02:42 PM

I'm an Angeleno who now lives on the East Coast. I'm coming back for Xmas and would like to take my mom to a Lakers game. She became a Lakers fan last season and has never been to a game so a game in Dec/Jan would be a treat.

Since I'm away from the local scene, I'd like advice on how best to score tix for a Lakers game. I'm looking at Craigslist and there seem to be pretty reasonable deals. Most of the tickets are below the Ticketmaster re-sell prices at the official site. Any experiences buying Lakers on Craigslist? I've seen alot of offers to pay thru paypal. What's to stop the seller from selling the same tickets multiple times if it's all done online?

In the old days, one would just show up at games or concerts the day off and hope to score good deals when the guys outside started getting desperate to off-load tickets. Would appreciate any tips!

#2 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,987 posts

Posted November 28, 2008 - 02:45 PM

http://tlntickets.com

#3 Guest_Nyla_*

Guest_Nyla_*

Posted November 28, 2008 - 02:47 PM

www.TLNtickets.com

I've never bought tickets off craigslist. From what I understand, craigslist doesn't have the regulations to protect you like Ebay does. If you choose to buy them on craigslist, DO NOT pay with PayPal. Your safer meeting them in person.

#4 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted November 28, 2008 - 02:47 PM

i wouldn't go with craigslist. instead, try tlntickets, barry's, stubhub, or the official season ticket holders exchange on lakers.com. that way, you'll know you're not getting boned.

#5 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted November 28, 2008 - 02:50 PM

I don't trust Craigslist unless you buy the tickets in person from the seller.

#6 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,072 posts

Posted November 28, 2008 - 02:56 PM

I don't trust buying tickets anywhere unless its like some official ticket place thingymajig like TLN TIckets..Ticketmaster...shiznit like that

#7 tdonline

tdonline

Rookie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Fan Since:1980s-Magic-Kareem-Big Game James-AC, etc
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 28, 2008 - 07:27 PM

Thanks everyone. I guess saving a few $$ isn't worth the worry of being scammed. Is TLNtickets a broker made up of the posters here? I've been to the site for tickets but it doesn't explain its organization.

#8 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,519 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted November 28, 2008 - 07:35 PM

or averytickets

#9 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,578 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 28, 2008 - 09:35 PM

stubhub.com
barrystickets.com

best prices i've seen when shopping for my tickets.

#10 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted November 28, 2008 - 10:36 PM

www.TLNtickets.com

I've never bought tickets off craigslist. From what I understand, craigslist doesn't have the regulations to protect you like Ebay does. If you choose to buy them on craigslist, DO NOT pay with PayPal. Your safer meeting them in person.

eBay is MUCH more safer from what I've experienced. Plus, it's always better to meet up the person you're buying the tickets from in person to pick them up. My dad has always met up with the person he's bought Lakers tickets from.

Made By Vaporize

#11 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,285 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 29, 2008 - 12:34 PM

We split season seats with a guy from Craig's List for 3 years and had zero problems. It was above board and things worked out great.

It's safe, but you can't just go handing over money without having a face to face and exchanging right there.

If you're sending money by mail to a stranger, that's your own risk.

Common sense goes a long way - you'll be safe if you exercise it, Craig's List or not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users