#1 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted November 27, 2008 - 05:12 PM

Now as a precursor to this topic, I know that Lebron is playing incredible ball and his team is doing great, and D-wade is playing at a high level buthis team isnt doing a well, and I know that D-wade is prone to injuries due to his kamikaze-style of play,but
I willsay that I would prefer a healthy D-wade over Lebron because of his killer instinct. It's what Kobe has, Jordan has and D-wade has done it on the highest level. And if you think about LBJ still has to prove he can do it on the highest level. I know that in sports most fans have short memories, but LBJ isnt a top 20 player in the league's history yet, and honestly Im being nice. At this point 23 is little more than AI, another great stats guy, who took a defensive team of "nobodies" to a NBA finals, well AI has more finals wins, but anyway
Who's skill set do you prefer?
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#2 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,455 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted November 27, 2008 - 05:49 PM

Well you must have not been watching the NBA Finals then because Wade was playing against a weak minded Mavs team. Which a year after they lost the first round to the Warriors. And where was his killer instinct against the Bulls when they got swept 4-0. LeBron is clearly a better player then Wade. Seriously you gonna compare going up against the Mavs against a experience San Antino Spurs . Get outta of here D Wade will never be close to LeBron in this NBA world.
Posted Image

#3 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted November 27, 2008 - 05:55 PM

i dunno d-wade was a killer in the olympics and he was considered the best on the planet by some basketball people a couple of years ago,
To say he isnt close is going very much overboard. You probably look at stats and say that b-cuz Lebron isnt head and shoulders ahead of the rest of the league
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#4 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted November 27, 2008 - 06:14 PM

I'll take a Lebron.

#5 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,512 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 27, 2008 - 07:32 PM

bron bron...his size and strength and ability to finish at the basket is just too much...granted wade is an amazing finisher as well, but he doesn't have the size and strength of lebron

wade's performance in the finals was like 30% refs

Posted Image

#6 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted November 27, 2008 - 07:59 PM

Both great players. DWade led his team to a championship as the number one guy...LeBron went to the finales, but of course he did not have Shaq.

I'd pick LeBron. Bigger, better passer, more durable, able to play more positions.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#7 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted November 27, 2008 - 08:01 PM

LeBron hands down. Nobody named Pookie getting into my Fave 5.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#8 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,759 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 27, 2008 - 09:31 PM

LBJ. Wade is overrated. Sure, he's won a championship with a prime-time Shaq at his side, but what about afterwards? Bulls swept them 4-0 the following playoffs, and last year they finished 15-67. Definitely LBJ > D-Whistle.

#9 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 27, 2008 - 09:50 PM

Lebron James...

Wade and co. got swept by the overrated Bulls... Lebron carried the Cavs to the Finals... Yes, they were swept too, but that happens when your 2nd option is either Gibson or Big freaking Z... Hughes was a walking turd nugget...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#10 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted November 28, 2008 - 08:52 AM

Lebron James...

Wade and co. got swept by the overrated Bulls... Lebron carried the Cavs to the Finals... Yes, they were swept too, but that happens when your 2nd option is either Gibson or Big freaking Z... Hughes was a walking turd nugget...

Uh, Wade made it to the finales, and won Finales MVP. His team was superior to anything Bron has ever had, but all you can remember is the bulls series? lol

#11 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,354 posts

Posted November 28, 2008 - 09:25 AM

If anyone takes Dwayne Wade over Lebron, you are out of your mind. Don't compare the team aspect because that is irrelevant. Miami had a great team going up against the overrated Mavs, and the Cavs faced the Spurs who had the experience and talent the Cavs didnt.

I like Wade, he is a really good player but he will not be the best player in the game in the next 2-3 years. Lebron is already up there with Kobe Bryant, and Lebron will be taking over the title as the best player in the league very very soon.

Don't say Wade has done it better than Lebron because he won the title and he won the MVP of the finals, because if you're going to make that argument, we might as well place Paul Pierce into the discussion.

Lebron is a 6'8, 250 pound, basketball player who can fly out of the building, drive the lane, shoot the J, and take over games which he has shown over the last two years. Lebron is developing the killer instinct that a great player needs. He is developing his outside jumper which is making him even more dangerous out on the hardwood.

The bottom line, you have to ask yourself, which player would you build your franchise around? You can take Wade, who is a great shooting guard and could play some point. Or you can take Lebron and have a player who can play small forward, shooting guard, point guard, and probably some power forward.

Lebron James, based on skill level, is the player you want, not Wade.

Edited by westcoast21, November 28, 2008 - 10:51 AM.

#12 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted November 28, 2008 - 11:17 AM

^I'm easily taking LeBron over Wade

But don't downplay Wade's accomplishment. He's done what few have done which is leading a team to a Championship. Shaq was averaging 18 pts and 9 reb during the playoffs while Wade was the clear leader, averaging 28/6/6.

But you're right, LeBron just a beast. Averaging a near triple double in 25/8/8 and leading a garbage team to the finales.

Just don't act like Wade is somebody to scoff at.

Edited by lakerfool, November 28, 2008 - 11:18 AM.

#13 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,462 posts
  • Name:Andy

Posted November 28, 2008 - 01:51 PM

LeBron hands down..Dude attacks and treats his defenders as lil 8th graders.

#14 Smart Alex

Smart Alex

Most Obsessed Megan Fox

• 5,451 posts
  • Name:Alex.
  • Fan Since:Strawberry Fields Forever
  • Fav. Laker:Pau Gasol

Posted November 28, 2008 - 02:19 PM

James

"The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure.
The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences,
and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon,
for each day to have a new and different sun."

#15 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 28, 2008 - 05:17 PM

Uh, Wade made it to the finales, and won Finales MVP. His team was superior to anything Bron has ever had, but all you can remember is the bulls series? lol

Well, I expected Dallas to lose...

Their opponent's franchise player is Dirk Nowitzki... A seven footer who doesn't have much of a post game, likes jacking up fadeaway jumpers, and gets lockdown by midgets like James Posey, Stephen Jackson, and even Matt Barnes...

Posted Image

Lebron...
- is younger
- is more durable (unless finger injury lol)
- is a better slasher (seriously, trying to flop on him is asking for suicide)
- is a better jumpshooter (ok it's debatable, but Wade is a worse jumpshooter IMO)
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users