• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 JavierLakerFan16

JavierLakerFan16

Lakers Live

• PipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted November 26, 2008 - 12:24 PM

According to Mr. Steve Hartman, He believes all of Kobe's activities over the summer is getting to Kobe. He have noticed Kobe's numbers have droped fast....

IDK if its just another shot at Kobe for not going on the Loose Cannons... But in my oppion I think its from the depth in this team that Kobe doesnt need to take so many shots and score for us like he use to back in the day....

Just something LOL...

#2 magicmoment

magicmoment

ArtestMediaGroup Graphic Designer

• 3,489 posts
  • Name:Angelica "Gel Gel"
  • Fan Since:circa 1999ish
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Vujacic, Gasol, Artest

Posted November 26, 2008 - 12:27 PM

Uhmm.. actually, I dont think so. But maybe.
The whole Team USA was alot for one summer.
BUT i'm glad that we have a deep team to help Kobe out. He can rest
and we dont have to count on him too much.
Sitting out 4th quarters like last night def helps.

#3 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted November 26, 2008 - 12:31 PM

for future reference:
don't believe ANYTHING Hartman says.
his numbers have dropped because he's not getting as much pt. it's as simple as that. Hartman has mad a career on outrageous bull[expletive] like this.

#4 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 26, 2008 - 12:34 PM

If Kobe was averaging 30/6/6 like Hartman probably expects him to, we would need to worry a bit more, because that would mean either Gasol is a waste, or our second unit is pretty terrible.

#5 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,081 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 26, 2008 - 01:20 PM

I think Kobe's shot is off because of his finger injury.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#6 Shadayshadow

Shadayshadow

Rookie

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 26, 2008 - 05:24 PM

Kobe is not tired nor the injury's getting to him. 1. He doesn't have to score as much as he used to because there's a team waiting to back him up anytime during any game. 2. Look at his play time and compare that to last year or any year before that and use a little bit brain power to figure out why his stat's dropping. Give the man a break. Sometimes even the best falls, even the best team loses. So take it easy and move on.

#7 Aztek Lakerfan

Aztek Lakerfan

Aztek Lakerfan

• 466 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 26, 2008 - 05:27 PM

Steve Hartman does not know what's hes talking about most of the time. :lol:

#8 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted November 26, 2008 - 05:31 PM

I think Kobe isnt in the best rhythm at this point, plus he said he has the ability to pick his spots, and this is a role that he will have to adjust to
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#9 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted November 26, 2008 - 05:34 PM

Kobe's shot seems off and his percentage isn't high because of his poor shot selection.

Rosen over at fox sports explains it best:

I hear/read all the time that Kobe is a great shooter, yet he only shoots 44-45 percent in an age when it is supposedly easier to score. Is he really a great shooter? If so, why is his field-goal percentage so relatively low? — Brian Singer, New York

Kobe is indeed a great shooter, but his problem is his penchant for taking too many bad shots — as many as 5-7 each game. Even now, as the Lakers lead the league in scoring and winning percentage, Kobe continues to abort the triangle offense in favor of forcing shots in just about every situation and from every angle. The fact that he makes so many of these ill-advised shots, and in such sensational fashion, obscures his perpetual habit of playing Kobe Ball.

Even so, he remains the best non-center on the planet.

#10 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted November 26, 2008 - 05:44 PM

but daco, Kobe has missed a bunch of quality shots. i think kobe will never shoot over 50% as the #1 option on a team b/c of the Defensive attention he gets, but I also think later in the season, when kobe's focus is 100%(i dont think he's completely dedicated his physical self to the team yet so he can stay healthy and frsh all season) we will see the Kobe the fans all love.
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#11 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted November 26, 2008 - 05:53 PM

He doesn't miss a bunch of quality shots (at least not consistently), but yes he does miss some, as does every else in the league and everyone else who has ever played the game. Those handful of bad shots he does take ruin his %-age drastically. They account for at least a quarter of his shots. You take those bad shots away and his %-age will rise over 5% easily.

Edited by daco_inc, November 26, 2008 - 05:54 PM.

#12 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,005 posts

Posted November 26, 2008 - 05:55 PM

Haven't I said this before the season started? All I heard was that Kobe was somekind of basketball mutant that never get tired. Now suddenly when the season starts people start worring about the samething I been saying prior to the season.

#13 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted November 26, 2008 - 06:29 PM

you didnt start that discussion Icker, but Kobe has proved to me in the bIg games that his legs are there, but the other matchups, he is not really forcing his will on teams, like a wade is doing or Lebron. But that means he wil be fresher later in the season.

#14 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,005 posts

Posted November 26, 2008 - 06:34 PM

you didnt start that discussion Icker, but Kobe has proved to me in the bIg games that his legs are there, but the other matchups, he is not really forcing his will on teams, like a wade is doing or Lebron. But that means he wil be fresher later in the season.

I been saying this for a while, I don't think I started but I have been saying it for a long time, I been predicting alot of things right, so far I'm 8-5 for predictions

#15 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted November 26, 2008 - 06:37 PM

im baking a batch of cookies for you right now

#16 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,005 posts

Posted November 26, 2008 - 06:41 PM

im baking a batch of cookies for you right now

I been eating too much cookies, but I'll take the donation

#17 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,081 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 26, 2008 - 06:43 PM

Kobe is not tired nor the injury's getting to him. 1. He doesn't have to score as much as he used to because there's a team waiting to back him up anytime during any game. 2. Look at his play time and compare that to last year or any year before that and use a little bit brain power to figure out why his stat's dropping. Give the man a break. Sometimes even the best falls, even the best team loses. So take it easy and move on.

You are correct in noting that he does not need to score as much; however, he is still taking plenty of shots/game. He only takes 1 less shot per game than LBJ, but his comparatively low shooting % is what is lowering his point totals by comparison.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#18 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted November 26, 2008 - 06:47 PM

I been saying this for a while, I don't think I started but I have been saying it for a long time, I been predicting alot of things right, so far I'm 8-5 for predictions

:huh: Uhhhhh...How are you right?

#19 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,005 posts

Posted November 26, 2008 - 06:58 PM

:huh: Uhhhhh...How are you right?

I'm not right on this yet...
Just saying that I been saying this for over 3 months

#20 JavierLakerFan16

JavierLakerFan16

Lakers Live

• PipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted November 26, 2008 - 08:06 PM

soz icker if I stoled this from you... but all i did was listen to what Steve Hartman said and ran with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users