Photo

Five Teams That Could Land LeBron

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

Poll: Five Teams That Could Land LeBron (61 member(s) have cast votes)

If the opportunity would you do a Kobe for Lebron swap?

1. Yes in two years (25 votes [40.98%])

Percentage of vote: 40.98%

2. Never (34 votes [55.74%])

Percentage of vote: 55.74%

3. Hell Do it RIGHT NOW (2 votes [3.28%])

Percentage of vote: 3.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted December 02, 2008 - 12:06 AM

who needs a bench when you have building blocks

lebron and bosh are both under 26 and will be around 26 and 27 at the time

you are forgetting the 2 lottery picks they will have this and next year

with

gallinari
curry
duhon
chandler
robinson
lee (possibly)

so thats lebron and bosh + 2 lottery picks + 5 possibly 6 players

thats almost 10 players

thats all you really need

then you fill the bench with your 2 second round picks and a veteran or 2

you guys are really underestimating the possibility of it all

lee, robinson are not included in the salary, both will get a raise by next year and i doubt the knicks will sign it if they truly are waiting on bosh and LBJ, so your team is basically

gallinari (pg, sg)
curry (PF, C)
duhon (pg, sg)
chandler (sg, sf, pf)
lebron (sf)
bosh (pf, c)
lottery pick (worth 4 mill)

leaving 6 million left for 5+ players .... and dont tell me the bench doesnt matter, if we didnt have a great bench we wouldnt be so dominant right now and we have a great starting 5 with a great bench
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#122 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,335 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 12:25 AM

lee, robinson are not included in the salary, both will get a raise by next year and i doubt the knicks will sign it if they truly are waiting on bosh and LBJ, so your team is basically

gallinari (pg, sg)
curry (PF, C)
duhon (pg, sg)
chandler (sg, sf, pf)
lebron (sf)
bosh (pf, c)

leaving 6 million left for 5+ players .... and dont tell me the bench doesnt matter, if we didnt have a great bench we wouldnt be so dominant right now and we have a great starting 5 with a great bench

well they have a starting 5 lets speculate in

mike d'antonis system lets assume

bosh
chandler
lebron
lottery pick
duhon

that leaves

curry
gallinari
lottery pick
free agent
free agent
2nd round pick
2nd round pick

again who says they are looking to instantly be a deep team

they would have 2 superstars in their starting line-up 26 and 27 years old duhon whose very good in d'antoni's system and chandler who fits the shawn marion role to perfection then 2 lottery picks by one of the best talent evaluators in the game in donnie walsh

then they have curry whose solid, gallinari who has potential and 2 years till 2010 to develop, another lottery pick, and maybe 1 or 2 really solid free agents

how many do you need off the bench 3 or 4 really yeah we have an amazing bench but if you look throughout history not every championship team has had 2 seperate starting line-ups

and again with probably 2 lottery picks and 2 years for gallinari and chandler to develop coupled with 1 free agent signing by 2010 the knicks would have at least 4 very solid bench players to go with a

bosh or amare
chandler
lebron
lottery
duhon

line-up

by 2010 at 26 and 27 that would give the knicks year after year to add more and more to that bench but even in year 1 it would be solid
Posted Image

#123 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

• 1,838 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 12:58 AM

well we'll see, im not doubting anything, i could see it happening but its very slim, but i just dont see them being a "great" team without solid backups, also bosh is a very good player but not a hall of famer, i dont know if just them 2 can get them to the promise land and win it (kinda like kobe and shaq i guess) but it could happen
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#124 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 02, 2008 - 01:03 AM

Curry? As in Eddie Curry? The only solid with him is his body fat...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#125 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 02, 2008 - 01:16 AM

i think your in denial this could happen not about lebron

most of the Mods and Admins are not kobe fan boys and respect lebron as do i and i dont think you are in denial over lebron being paired up with a superstar because you dont want to see it happen

Either I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here, or you aren't reading my posts.

LeBron is my second favorite player in the league. If he paired with Bosh, I would love that. It wouldn't bother me one bit.

And if you're calling me a Kobe fan boy, I guess that makes little sense, considering the fact that I would trade Kobe for LeBron in two years.

In two seasons, Nash will still be throwing seven assists per game. Steve Nash's age doesn't reflect his condition, minus his back problems, which are actually minor (just being blown up by people who absolutely hate the Suns). Nash didn't play much at all at the beginning of his career, and finally got it going a few years after being in Dallas. He's not Iverson, who has had to carry a team from day one.

Since I'm sick of talking about this, I'm going to cut to the chase and be realistic here...

With ONLY Curry and Jared Jeffries taking their player options, the Knicks would have an $18 million payroll. Do you honestly believe they will have two players on their roster, who amount to NOTHING, in June 2010? Are you saying that they will let Harrington, Mobley, Richardson, James, Thomas, Duhon, Gallinari, Robinson, Lee and Chandler all walk?

Because if they don't, that payroll will be around $40 million or more, and that leaves room for LeBron, Wade OR Bosh. I don't care if New York turns into the world's official capital and changes their name to NBA York, a team with nothing on it will not draw a single player in free agency, because LeBron and Bosh aren't stupid. Put them together with scrubs (it will have to be all minimum contracts, D-Leaguers), and they lose in the NBA Finals, and they know that.

Instead of us being in denial, I think you might be in dreamland. There's a very, very slim chance that the Knicks get this done...and if they do rake in both LeBron and Bosh, they will have absolutely nobody else on the team (not Lee, Richardson, Duhon or anyone demanding more than $6 million a year), and they will lose to any West powerhouse, and possibly a better East team.

#126 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 02:57 AM

then they have curry whose solid

I'm sorry, but Curry is no where near solid. I would rather have Kwame Brown over Curry every day of the week. Curry is fat, lazy, can barely score, can't rebound, can't defend and a bad attitude. No way he can ever be called solid. Any big man who puts up under 5 rebounds when starting just loses all respect from me.
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#127 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 05:36 AM

Curry? As in Eddie Curry? The only solid with him is his body fat...

LMAO

I hate Eddy Curry.

#128 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,335 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 10:33 AM

Either I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here, or you aren't reading my posts.

LeBron is my second favorite player in the league. If he paired with Bosh, I would love that. It wouldn't bother me one bit.

And if you're calling me a Kobe fan boy, I guess that makes little sense, considering the fact that I would trade Kobe for LeBron in two years.

In two seasons, Nash will still be throwing seven assists per game. Steve Nash's age doesn't reflect his condition, minus his back problems, which are actually minor (just being blown up by people who absolutely hate the Suns). Nash didn't play much at all at the beginning of his career, and finally got it going a few years after being in Dallas. He's not Iverson, who has had to carry a team from day one.

Since I'm sick of talking about this, I'm going to cut to the chase and be realistic here...

With ONLY Curry and Jared Jeffries taking their player options, the Knicks would have an $18 million payroll. Do you honestly believe they will have two players on their roster, who amount to NOTHING, in June 2010? Are you saying that they will let Harrington, Mobley, Richardson, James, Thomas, Duhon, Gallinari, Robinson, Lee and Chandler all walk?

Because if they don't, that payroll will be around $40 million or more, and that leaves room for LeBron, Wade OR Bosh. I don't care if New York turns into the world's official capital and changes their name to NBA York, a team with nothing on it will not draw a single player in free agency, because LeBron and Bosh aren't stupid. Put them together with scrubs (it will have to be all minimum contracts, D-Leaguers), and they lose in the NBA Finals, and they know that.

Instead of us being in denial, I think you might be in dreamland. There's a very, very slim chance that the Knicks get this done...and if they do rake in both LeBron and Bosh, they will have absolutely nobody else on the team (not Lee, Richardson, Duhon or anyone demanding more than $6 million a year), and they will lose to any West powerhouse, and possibly a better East team.

you aren't reading my posts i said you were not a kobe fan boy and had respect for lebron as do i

the knicks will have under 20 million in cap end of story
Posted Image

#129 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 10:40 AM

the knicks will have under 20 million in cap end of story

They better have more than $34 million, or they aren't getting both superstars. Both are due over $17 million in 2010. End of story.

#130 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,335 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 08:28 PM

They better have more than $34 million, or they aren't getting both superstars. Both are due over $17 million in 2010. End of story.

i meant under 20 million

not 20 million under
Posted Image

#131 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 08:37 PM

i meant under 20 million

not 20 million under

I know what you meant. 20 million isn't going to cover it, bro...not when they are going to need $35 million to sign those two.

#132 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,335 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 08:48 PM

I know what you meant. 20 million isn't going to cover it, bro...not when they are going to need $35 million to sign those two.

if they have 20 million in salaries with a 74 million dollar cap that leaves roughly 54 million to sign them both

so only needing 35 makes it more likely
Posted Image

#133 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 08:57 PM

if they have 20 million in salaries with a 74 million dollar cap that leaves roughly 54 million to sign them both

so only needing 35 makes it more likely

Ah, I see.

So, like I said earlier...

C - Curry
PF - Bosh
SF - LeBron
SG - Jeffries
PG - Omar Cook

That team is getting eliminated in the ECF's, probably the second round even.

Plus, they will be signing other players the previous season. They can't play with eight or nine guys.

And if they win 15 games the previous season, I highly doubt anyone would want to go there.

#134 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,335 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 11:36 PM

Ah, I see.

So, like I said earlier...

C - Curry
PF - Bosh
SF - LeBron
SG - Jeffries
PG - Omar Cook

That team is getting eliminated in the ECF's, probably the second round even.

Plus, they will be signing other players the previous season. They can't play with eight or nine guys.

And if they win 15 games the previous season, I highly doubt anyone would want to go there.

you forgot wilson chandler who will be there and duhon who will also be there
Posted Image

#135 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 11:47 PM

you forgot wilson chandler who will be there and duhon who will also be there

Duhon's contract is up by 2010/11. He'll be making over $6 million in his last season, so he'll be needing more than that to be re-signed by New York.

Wilson Chandler's team option is in 2010/11, for $2 million. If he continues to put up the numbers he's putting up right now, he'll be jetting in 2011...so, okay, one season of Wilson Chandler until he gets his $8-9 million from another team.

But Chandler won't be doing all of this in 2010 anyways, since he's suffering from John Salmons disease (decent player putting up great numbers on a bad team), so I wouldn't get too excited for him.

So, let's go back...

C - Curry/minimum
PF - Bosh/minimum
SF - Chandler/Jeffries
SG - LeBron/minimum
PG - minimum/minimum

First or second round loss.

#136 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

• 1,838 posts

Posted December 02, 2008 - 11:56 PM

YOU GUYS did not read what I wrote a while ago, I though I made all those assumptions already LOL (well last stand kinda did)
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#137 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted December 03, 2008 - 04:59 AM

Duhon's contract is up by 2010/11. He'll be making over $6 million in his last season, so he'll be needing more than that to be re-signed by New York.

Wilson Chandler's team option is in 2010/11, for $2 million. If he continues to put up the numbers he's putting up right now, he'll be jetting in 2011...so, okay, one season of Wilson Chandler until he gets his $8-9 million from another team.

But Chandler won't be doing all of this in 2010 anyways, since he's suffering from John Salmons disease (decent player putting up great numbers on a bad team), so I wouldn't get too excited for him.

So, let's go back...

C - Curry/minimum
PF - Bosh/minimum
SF - Chandler/Jeffries
SG - LeBron/minimum
PG - minimum/minimum

First or second round loss.

Excellent post Real, no depth = no ECF. No way that the Knicks can compete with no bench.
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#138 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,335 posts

Posted December 03, 2008 - 07:03 PM

you guys are forgetting the fact they would have 2 lottery picks between now and then and the MLE

and both duhon and chandler will be there trust me on that

and i dont see eddy curry being there he'll probably be traded for expirings

a mike D'antoni line-up would most likely look like this

bosh-minimum
chandler-lottery pick
lebron-gallinari
lottery pick-jefferies
duhon-MLE(possible resign of nate robinson)

they aren't as depth challeneged as you think

you are excluding in your guys analysis duhon, chandler both guys who will be resigned, the 2 lottery picks they will have this year and next year and the MLE and BAE at their finger tips

and for some reason gallinari who was their 1st round pick this year

Edited by last stand 2.0, December 03, 2008 - 07:09 PM.

Posted Image

#139 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,335 posts

Posted December 03, 2008 - 07:12 PM

also to add to it they will have shots at blake griffin this year and greg monroe next year if he stays in college

those particular players are speculation but they will have decent picks next year and this year most likely top 5 picks

lets just say the unlikely scenario of everything working out right for them at least decent

bosh
griffin
chandler
lebron
duhon

like i said 2 years with a lot of ping pong balls with donnie walsh as a talent evaluator

that seems to be underestimated here
Posted Image

#140 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts

Posted December 03, 2008 - 07:49 PM

Duhon isn't going to sign for the MLE. He'd get more money elsewhere.

And that 2010 first-rounder goes to the Jazz (top 22 protected in 2009, unprotected in 2010).

Nobody is going to want Eddy Curry. What's he putting up this season?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users