Photo

Five Teams That Could Land LeBron

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

Poll: Five Teams That Could Land LeBron (61 member(s) have cast votes)

If the opportunity would you do a Kobe for Lebron swap?

1. Yes in two years (25 votes [40.98%])

Percentage of vote: 40.98%

2. Never (34 votes [55.74%])

Percentage of vote: 55.74%

3. Hell Do it RIGHT NOW (2 votes [3.28%])

Percentage of vote: 3.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 ReaListik

ReaListik

Rookie

• 222 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 26, 2008 - 09:46 PM

Kareem was a major factor up into his late 30's, Shaq isn't a major factor anymore because he was his own undoing when it came to not taking care of his body with consistency and training over the years, and it finally all caught up with him.

Kobe is still catching some wild alley-oops from Fisher and even from other guys so as of right now I don't really know how much I buy into this "his athleticism is greatly diminished" idea.

I hate to say it but college ball in Jordan's era at North Carolina was extremely tough and competitive, and if it wasn't on-par with the NBA back then, it was pretty damn near close to it. Take a look at the talent that came out of college in the '80s, it was basically a young NBA.

Kobe doesn't have to be MJ to make the proper adjustments to his game to utilize and build a more versatile base of offensive skills. I'd rather have the guy who had an offensive onslaught of moves over the guy who shows up on SportsCenter every night with acrobatic dunks. Kobe even joked about being drug-tested after he did a windmill before camp. No-one really knows how much longer Kobe's got in the tank, but I like the pace the team is going right now where the starters rarely have to play much in the 4th quarter, if even the 2nd half.

Like I said, he doesn't have to be MJ to be able to play at a very high level for 5-6 more years. So many people make Jordan into this deified player whose physical standards no-one else can ever achieve.

Enjoy the season as it's going, Kobe's a phenom and is still on top, but no-one knows what will happen in the future so just enjoy the ride.

Edited by ReaListik, November 26, 2008 - 09:50 PM.

"We are the goodest" - Shaq during an interview on ESPN.

#62 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,727 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 27, 2008 - 01:35 AM

You can argue that Kobe will still be the better player in two years, that's fine...but don't begin to say that LeBron isn't going to be on Kobe's level, because he will be right there with him.

Sometimes, you have to set your bias aside and recognize greatness in the making. Jordan, Magic, Kobe and LeBron will be four of the greatest players ever, simple as that.

As for a trade, if you can lock up LeBron for six years and through part of his prime, you do it. Will it cost a Kobe Bryant? Sure, but not one at the peak of his game. In two more seasons, Bryant will struggle a bit more to give us 30/5/5 with 45% shooting, while LeBron will provide us with 30/8/8 on 49% shooting, with more years tacked on.

Don't be stupid. You may have a reason not to trade Bryant for him, but don't begin to step on LeBron James just because you're in love with the purple and gold.

#63 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted November 27, 2008 - 01:45 AM

Your sensitivity has surfaced yet again

LMAO

I would definitely trade Kobe for Lebron in 2 years. Don't know how Kobe would feel about that though, we'd be betraying him. :(

Ah well. Not gonna happen.

#64 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted November 27, 2008 - 09:25 AM

Kareem was a major factor up into his late 30's, Shaq isn't a major factor anymore because he was his own undoing when it came to not taking care of his body with consistency and training over the years, and it finally all caught up with him.

I find it funny that you use the ONE anomaly in Kareem to compare Shaq to. Most centers rot when they hit 35. Hakeem did. DROb did. Almost ALL do, except for Kareem. Kareem is Kareem. Shaq's still averaging 16/8/1.5 blks. Not a major factor? What a joke. Stop letting your personal feelings for Shaq get in the way of your analysis.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#65 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted November 27, 2008 - 09:31 AM

Just don't give Kobe a no trade clause again and trade him to the Cavs. ;)

Stop it guys. Stay on topic. Thanks.

Kobe's the most popular player in the league. It's an easy choice, we trade a young cener and an underachieving point forward.

Cleveland has no better deal on the table than that. They trade Bron to the West, they get Odom who led the Heat to 2nd round in the East, and a young center. Mike Brown is a defensive 1st coach, and would LOVE this type of deal.

Cleveland would still be a beastly team with Bynum and Odom.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#66 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 2,450 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 27, 2008 - 10:02 AM

Fan of Kobe or not... He is such a determined player, that his work regimen is redonkulous. @ 33 or 34 I think he still will shat on the league. The knock on Lebron for me is sometime he lacks that killer instinct.

I don't think Kobe will welcome a trade that would bring a Lebron. He would want to be here if that trade was available. I must say tho'.

Jordan
Kobe
Trevor
Lebron
Pau

That lineup gave me a slight chill.
Although
Jordan
Lebron
Trevor
Pau
Bynum...

WOW!!!

My answer... on the fence... If Kobe complains again... Hey maybe we may get Lebron for Luke, Vlad, Nes version of Double Dribble, the lost episodes of Ren & Stimpy and maybe a Care Bear Stare...

That's if Kobe complains again...
Posted Image

#67 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted November 27, 2008 - 10:21 AM

I hate to say it but college ball in Jordan's era at North Carolina was extremely tough and competitive, and if it wasn't on-par with the NBA back then, it was pretty damn near close to it. Take a look at the talent that came out of college in the '80s, it was basically a young NBA.

No, it was not even close. Jordan played 101 games over 3 years at UNC. Kobe played 103 games last NBA season.

#68 Perfecto

Perfecto

Im'ma let you finish...

• 787 posts

Posted November 27, 2008 - 11:45 AM

In 2 years? I would do that trade 99 out of 100 times.

Posted Image
"Pass me the damn ball, I don't need a pick at all."

#69 ReaListik

ReaListik

Rookie

• 222 posts

Posted November 27, 2008 - 11:54 AM

I'm sorry, but Lakerfool, you would do much better for yourself if you just watched the game and not commented on a message board, you are one of the biggest instigators I have ever seen, your posts inspire most, if not all people to take a step back and say, "what the [expletive] is he talking about", and regardless of if I get banned for saying that, at least I spoke the truth.

Daco, you are an intelligent poster and I like the discussions you bring to the board. All I would say in response is that I think longevity depends on the player and training staff largely, but you can't deny that college ball back then was a lot better. I think that you do ultimately have a problem with Kobe, and you can't stand it when other people make the case for him.

Edited by ReaListik, November 27, 2008 - 11:55 AM.

"We are the goodest" - Shaq during an interview on ESPN.

#70 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted November 27, 2008 - 12:19 PM

I'm sorry, but Lakerfool, you would do much better for yourself if you just watched the game and not commented on a message board, you are one of the biggest instigators I have ever seen, your posts inspire most, if not all people to take a step back and say, "what the [expletive] is he talking about", and regardless of if I get banned for saying that, at least I spoke the truth.

Daco, you are an intelligent poster and I like the discussions you bring to the board. All I would say in response is that I think longevity depends on the player and training staff largely, but you can't deny that college ball back then was a lot better. I think that you do ultimately have a problem with Kobe, and you can't stand it when other people make the case for him.

My problem is with Kobe apologists thinking he is some sort of perfect superhuman, and act like its blasphemous to say otherwise. Despite what you think, LeBron is more than a "sportscenter highlight". He's miles ahead of where Kobe was at that age. And just because you want to deny his greatness and dominance doesn't mean it isn't going to happen. At this point, I do think Kobe is still better than him. But 3-4 years from now it's very realistic to believe he'll pass Kobe as the best player in the game since over the years LeBron's game will continue to rise as Kobe's will inevitably decline.

I have nothing against Kobe. In fact, he is my favorite player and has been for the past 10 years or so. If someone wants to debate whether he's the best player currently, I'll defend him to the death. I'm just being realistic and not living in some pipe dream. If you wouldn't do this trade in 2 years then you care more about Kobe than this team and its future, period. You can argue "well Kobe may still be playing at a high level 4-5 years from now...blah blah, etc, etc." Well I can guarantee you that LeBron WILL be playing at a high level 4-5 years from now.

With all that said, a Kobe for LeBron trade will probably never happen. Kobe will probably have another trade clause on his contract and I doubt he'd accept this.

Edited by daco_inc, November 27, 2008 - 12:21 PM.

#71 Beef

Beef

Rookie

• 392 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Bynum

Posted November 27, 2008 - 12:21 PM

Bron will go to the Knicks,plus we dont need bron,our team is fine now,and imagine this team 2 years later (Bynum 20/13/4/3 Farmar 18/4/6/3 Airza 16/7/5/3/2)we will be the perfect team,no need to mess up the chemistry,too many stars on a team is not always good!

#72 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,350 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted November 27, 2008 - 12:27 PM

Bron will go to the Knicks,plus we dont need bron,our team is fine now,and imagine this team 2 years later (Bynum 20/13/4/3 Farmar 18/4/6/3 Airza 16/7/5/3/2)we will be the perfect team,no need to mess up the chemistry,too many stars on a team is not always good!

I think your in a fantasy world with Ariza stats right there in two years
Posted Image

#73 Icker

Icker

Superstar

• 8,018 posts

Posted November 27, 2008 - 12:31 PM

I think your in a fantasy world with Ariza stats right there in two years

samething with Bymun aswell

#74 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,350 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted November 27, 2008 - 01:20 PM

samething with Bymun aswell

No i think he is on point with Bynum's stats but with Farmar he has a 50 50 chance
Posted Image

#75 Icker

Icker

Superstar

• 8,018 posts

Posted November 27, 2008 - 02:00 PM

I don't agree with 20 per night that 4/3 at the end

#76 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted November 27, 2008 - 02:32 PM

Those Bynum stats are leaning more towards a "best case scenario" than a realistic one.

#77 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted November 27, 2008 - 05:05 PM

wait somone said Lebron is miles ahead of Kobe at that age. People have short memories. kobe at 25 was the best player on the planet, it was his 7th or 8th in the league, and had made killer shots throughout the playoffs.
I am going to agree with everyone who cites Kobe's work ethic,fundemental play, and killer instinct of Lebron's great skill set. i would even make a case for D-wade over Lebron as a Kobe replacement, but D-wade's injuries would offset that conversation. i just don't like Lebrons ft%, and is focus to me is not 97% basketball like Kobe,
BUT I THINK THIS COULD BE THE BEST DUO EVER
KOBE plays the role of JORDAN
LEBRON plays the role of PIPPEN
Gasol as the RODMAN
PJ as PJ
3-peat damn near guaranteed
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#78 Icker

Icker

Superstar

• 8,018 posts

Posted November 27, 2008 - 05:07 PM

wait somone said Lebron is miles ahead of Kobe at that age. People have short memories. kobe at 25 was the best player on the planet, it was his 7th or 8th in the league, and had made killer shots throughout the playoffs.
I am going to agree with everyone who cites Kobe's work ethic,fundemental play, and killer instinct of Lebron's great skill set. i would even make a case for D-wade over Lebron as a Kobe replacement, but D-wade's injuries would offset that conversation. i just don't like Lebrons ft%, and is focus to me is not 97% basketball like Kobe,
BUT I THINK THIS COULD BE THE BEST DUO EVER
KOBE plays the role of JORDAN
LEBRON plays the role of PIPPEN
Gasol as the RODMAN
PJ as PJ
3-peat damn near guaranteed

At that age more Like LeBron is Jordan and Kobe is Pippen

#79 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted November 27, 2008 - 05:14 PM

i meant Kobe has more of the same skills as Jordans(killer instinct,style of play)Lebron is a bigger Pippen with less Defense and more Offense(the athleticism,ft%,passing/playmaking point foward)
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#80 Icker

Icker

Superstar

• 8,018 posts

Posted November 27, 2008 - 05:15 PM

Waiting for Dacos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users