• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,384 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 28, 2008 - 03:47 PM

The Lakers look great, but you have to admit that they got most (not all) of their wins over crappy teams. Once they start getting wins over teams like Detroit, Boston, Atlanta, and Cleveland, I believe you can truely start calling them the elite team of the NBA this year.

Thats interesting that you named ALL eastern conference teams. The Lakers have played the Nuggets (w/Billups), Rockets, Mavs, Hornets, and Suns. Those are all top Western conference teams. You cant penalize the Lakers for beating up on lesser teams, thats what great teams do, they dont relax and play hard every single game.

#42 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,341 posts

Posted November 28, 2008 - 04:34 PM

True...I am mentioning mostly East teams, but unfortunately their performance against teams in the east last year has not been very desirable (i.e. BOSTON, Detroit, Cleveland)...and maybe that's because the east is a stronger conference than the west.

#43 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted November 28, 2008 - 04:39 PM

Lakers are an elite team, without a doubt, but a win over the Cavs and Celtics would solifidy them as the top squad heading into the dance
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users