General Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1240 replies to this topic

#61 Domo

Domo

Based

• 998 posts

Posted April 15, 2009 - 08:32 AM

Smackdown! was always the more entertaining show for me wrestling-wise. Although I haven't watched wrestling regularly in a few years now; just watching it here and there, it's not hard to tell that Vince really wants Raw to be the A show for WWE. I would've said always, but Vince putting HHH in SD! for all that time made me have second thoughts.

Lol, Vladimir Kozlov going to ECW. There goes his 15 minutes of fame.

#62 Smart Alex

Smart Alex

Most Obsessed Megan Fox

• 5,451 posts
  • Name:Alex.
  • Fan Since:Strawberry Fields Forever
  • Fav. Laker:Pau Gasol

Posted April 15, 2009 - 07:51 PM

did anyone watch Vince on E:60 last night. Stephanie revealed some of the writers are from Conan, and different aspects of the media. There was even a exclusive inside look at Vince running down the shows matches and resluts before they actually happened.

"The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure.
The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences,
and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon,
for each day to have a new and different sun."

#63 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,632 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted April 15, 2009 - 08:06 PM

Trish Stratus Reveals Why She Skipped WM25 & Talks About Returning To WWE

Posted Image

There was a rumor going around last week that former WWE Diva Trish Stratus had declined a WWE invitation to appear at WrestleMania in the Divas battle royal match because she wasn't going to win. In an interview with Slam Wrestling, Trish said her decision to skip the show had nothing to do with the fact that she wasn't going to win the match.

"Simply, there were no finishes, no 'What's going to happen? Will I win?' discussed," she said. "It was just, 'Would you like to be in this 25-woman battle royal at WrestleMania,' and I said, 'Thank you but I'm going to decline.'"

She added, "I’ve always said to come out of retirement is a big deal to me – so if I was to come out it is for something special," she said "To be honest, I feel Wrestlemania is a place to create memorable moments in one’s career and frankly, with 25 women in the ring, I was just not sure how anyone could come out having their 'Wrestlemania moment,' maybe if it was a little clearer that could be accomplished for someone, I would have been a part of it."

When asked if she'd return to WWE one day she said, "If I were to go back, I would like to do something that is new and fresh, there are so many girls right now that can work, I’d want to be able to mix it up with someone I hadn’t gotten the chance to before I left." Trish named Natalya Niedhart as a potential opponent that could drwa her back into the ring. "Oh my god, I would love to work with her," Stratus revealed. "I think she has so much potential; they’ve just got to do the right thing with her, especially with the built-in history. I get excited when I think about what they can do with her."

You can read the entire interview at http://slam.canoe.ca...13/9103456.html

http://rajah.com/base/node/15740

#64 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,632 posts

Posted April 15, 2009 - 08:10 PM

The Rock Laughs Off Cena Again

Posted Image

-- In an interview with IGN UK, former WWE Superstar Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is asked about John Cena's attempt to branch out into acting and follow in his footsteps.

Johnson replied: "I don't look at myself for being a trailblazer in any way, or paving the way or anything like that, I just know what serves me. John is... umm... he's an interesting guy! And I wish him well in his movie career and, umm, everything else... Haha."

"The Great One" also discusses Race to Witch Mountain, acting, if he still follows WWE today, his plans for watching WrestleMania XXV, why his character in WWE was so successful, and more. Click here to read the interview. http://uk.movies.ign...1/971447p1.html

http://rajah.com/base/node/15730

#65 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,632 posts

Posted April 15, 2009 - 08:12 PM

Hulk Hogan Makes Disturbing Comments About Murdering His Wife Linda

Posted Image

The well-documented war of words between Hulk and Linda Hogan has taken an ugly turn. The New York Post has some quotes from a recent interview Hogan did with Rolling Stone magazine where he talks about understanding how O.J. Simpson could [allegedly] murder his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson.

Linda Hogan walked out on Hogan last year, filed for divorce, forced him out of his $18 million mansion, allegedly started spending the couple's money at the rate of $40,000 a month and is dating "some shaggy-haired pool boy 30 years her junior."

Hogan tells Rolling Stone, "I could have turned everything into a crime scene, like OJ, cutting everybody's throat. You live half a mile from the 20,000-square-foot home you can't go to anymore, you're driving through downtown Clearwater and see a 19-year-old boy driving your Escalade, and you know that a 19-year-old boy is sleeping in your bed, with your wife . . . I totally understand OJ. I get it."

http://rajah.com/base/node/15750

#66 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,632 posts

Posted April 15, 2009 - 08:18 PM

Hulk Hogan Backtracks On Controversial Statement, Linda Bollea Reacts

Posted Image

As reported earlier today, Hulk Hogan made a controversial statement in an interview with Rolling Stone, saying his messy split with wife Linda has him feeling like O.J. Simpson.

"I could have turned everything into a crime scene, like O.J., cutting everybody's throat," Hogan said. "You live half a mile from the 20,000-square-foot home you can't go to anymore, you're driving through downtown Clearwater and see a 19-year-old boy driving your Escalade, and you know that a 19-year-old boy is sleeping in your bed, with your wife...

"I totally understand O.J. I get it."

Hogan has since backtracked on the statement as his P.R. rep, Elizabeth Rosenthal, told E! News that he "in no way condones the O.J. situation."

"As part of a larger conversation, he referred to it to exemplify his frustration with his own situation," Rosenthal said in a statement released to E! News.

Linda's rep, Gary Smith, issued a statement on her behalf, reacting to Hogan.

"Hulk's serial cheating destroyed our marriage, our family and our future," Linda said in a statement released today. "Sadly, his recent comments remind us that his definition of fair is much different than what the law dictates."

"We have always maintained that the fear that Linda has had to live with comes from the rage and instability much too often associated with pro wrestlers," Smith added.

"We have always maintained that the fear that Linda has had to live with comes from the rage and instability much too often associated with pro wrestlers," Smith said. "Linda and her family are taking these recent homicidal comments seriously. Linda's attorney Ray Rafool is weighting all options necessary to protect his client."

Click here to read the story from E! News. http://www.eonline.c..._in_no_way.html

Additionally, tonight's episode of Showbiz Tonight on CNN Headline News will feature a segment on the story.

http://rajah.com/base/node/15754

#67 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,723 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 15, 2009 - 08:21 PM

wow hogan...

Posted Image

#68 Domo

Domo

Based

• 998 posts

Posted April 16, 2009 - 06:03 AM

Crazy ish from Hulkster.

#69 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,516 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted April 16, 2009 - 08:38 AM

What you gonna do when hulkamania runs wild on you....??!!

2hf753r.jpg

#70 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted April 16, 2009 - 12:44 PM

Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#71 Smart Alex

Smart Alex

Most Obsessed Megan Fox

• 5,451 posts

Posted April 16, 2009 - 03:20 PM

Another example of what steroids does to a persons body.

#72 .:Cristina:.

.:Cristina:.

Rookie

• 84 posts
  • Name:Cristina
  • Fan Since:Birth: est. 1987
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic, Magic Johnson

Posted April 16, 2009 - 10:52 PM

:\
Sad...

#73 Smart Alex

Smart Alex

Most Obsessed Megan Fox

• 5,451 posts

Posted April 20, 2009 - 05:50 PM

Randy Orton will win tonight,

#74 Smart Alex

Smart Alex

Most Obsessed Megan Fox

• 5,451 posts

Posted April 21, 2009 - 02:02 PM

Randy Orton will win tonight,

RKO!!!!!
Finally Triple H gets it.

#75 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,632 posts

Posted April 22, 2009 - 03:42 PM

Taz posted a blog on his Facebook account addressing a number of topics. Here is his blog in its entirety:

Taz Discusses Departure From WWE, Looking To Make An Impact In Wrestling

Posted Image

Yo,

Well, after leaving WWE recently, I would like to make my first public comments here on the page. I would like to thank the Pro Wrestling fan base for the support through all my years with ECW & WWE! I especially want to thank all of you on this Facebook fan page from all over the world! I try to read most of your comments and I am truly flattered on how many of you supported what I did in the real ECW and my broadcasting accomplishments in WWE. Lets face it, after my debut at MSG vs the great Kurt Angle their wasn't much for me to "hang my hat on" as a wrestler during my tenure wrestling for WWE.

Now, I want to clear up some "true & false" for all of you....

TRUE
-My contract expired the end of March and I had given my notice several weeks prior
-I ask WWE for my release to pursue other interest
-I offered to call Wrestlemania while I was not contractually obligated....and offered to call the show for free to the company.
-I have fulfilled EVERY obligation to the WWE, and pride myself on leaving the proper/professional way.
-On my way out, from Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn & Stephanie ALL treated me great...which was cool.
-I APPRECIATE all of the offers for appearances but right now I'm just doing very few appearances (if any). I'm gonna chill out and watch my kid hit baseballs.
-I am done wrestling. At 41 years old, several neck and shoulder issues...not happening. I would be a former shell of myself.
-I too have hated the extra "Z"

FALSE
-Burnout (If anything, I'm more inspired & motivated now than ever)

Hopefully that clears up some things people were saying in regards to my situation. Also, I have had the opportunity of becoming friends with so many talented & awesome people within the WWE while working there for nearly 10 years and will miss many of them! I would like to thank the writers, road & studio crew and all the talent...especially guys I have a closer friendship with.

I especially want thank three of the main play by play guys I've work with.

Joey Styles
-A dear friend whom I've been goombas with for 15 years and will stay friends with! I felt Joey never had a chance to truly be "Joey Styles" in WWE as an announce talent...that's a shame. But the announce style is completely different than anything Joey ever really did in the business....tough to adapt.

Jim Ross
-The best of the best! True Hall of Famer and a man I respect and appreciate. I cannot thank him enough for all he has taught me as an announcer...as of recent JR & I were the Smack announce team and were doing a strong job in my view....we have shared some good times on many road trips as of recent...BOOMER SOONER!! And I'm a Nebraska Husker fan (lol)

Micheal Cole
-One of my best friends...a guy that truly gave me the confidence to excel as a color commentator years ago in WWE...Cole taught me how to get over the talent, the storylines and get over the brand! He was the only one that had the balls to flat out say to me "its not about you anymore"...I respect that. Amazing work ethic, always would try to find a way for me to get over on him...zero ego & underrated!
I been hearing that Cole has been getting bashed by some on-line fans lately- check this out, if you work at McDonald's and your boss wants you to cook BicMac's...you than go and cook BIG MACS! Anyway, I look forward to working with Cole in the future in some capacity be it TV or Radio.

I want thank World Wrestling Entertainment and the McMahon Family for all the years and all the opportunities...they allowed me a great ride which I truly appreciate.

In closing, I've been in the Pro Wrestling business for 23 years and I don't plan on disappearing anytime soon.

I plan to make an impact real soon in this, the ultimate in businesses and keep it's honor....lol....sorry for crossing the line with my sophomoric humor! Survive if I let you.

FTW
Taz

http://rajah.com/base/node/15771

#76 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,632 posts

Posted April 22, 2009 - 03:44 PM

New Details On Taz Coming To TNA

Posted Image

-- Also at Lockdown was the latest batch of hints that recently released WWE announcer Taz is headed to TNA Wrestling. During a backstage segment, Samoa Joe was shown with a black towel on his head (a trademark
of Taz) talking to somebody off camera before going to the ring. When Joe hit the ring for the Lethal Lockdown match, he started dishing out Tazplexes - the suplex throw used by Taz during his wrestling days.

http://rajah.com/base/node/15784

#77 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,632 posts

Posted April 22, 2009 - 03:47 PM

Jeff Hardy Turns Down WWE Contract Extensions - Possibly Leaving Soon

Posted Image

Jeff Hardy, one of the top babyface acts in World Wrestling Entertainment, might be on his way out of the company in the coming months.

Hardy's contract expires this summer and WWE has been pushing hard to sign him to a new deal. So far, Jeff Hardy has turned down several lucrative offers from the company - including a new long-term deal and a 1-year contract extension.

Much of the Matt vs. Jeff storyline has been dictated by Jeff's current contract negotiations. With Jeff likely on his way out of the company, WWE is booking Matt to come out of the feud looking strong.

Jeff Hardy is said to be interested in getting away from the hectic lifestyle of a pro wrestler and wants to spend some time living on his own terms.

http://rajah.com/base/node/15816

#78 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted April 22, 2009 - 03:49 PM

http://rajah.com/base/node/15816

TNA for Hardy?
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#79 Smart Alex

Smart Alex

Most Obsessed Megan Fox

• 5,451 posts

Posted April 22, 2009 - 03:53 PM

Will be a big blow to WWE if Jeff Leaves, one of the only exciting wrestlers left.

#80 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,632 posts

Posted April 22, 2009 - 04:42 PM

TNA for Hardy?

Would TNA want him back?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users