#401 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 20, 2013 - 01:38 AM

I know West Coast is a huge fan, he's been blowing up my Twitter since last night lol, and Jax seems like a diehard too

Yeah I post on other wrestling forums but thought I might start contributing to our own TLN thread. Good to see we have some wrestling fans. Going to try and post regularly in this thread and keep it bumped.

#402 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,279 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted August 20, 2013 - 06:48 AM

Yeah I post on other wrestling forums but thought I might start contributing to our own TLN thread. Good to see we have some wrestling fans. Going to try and post regularly in this thread and keep it bumped.

Great! I love to talk wrestling. Where do you see this Corporation Angle going?

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 11:54 AM

I don't really care too much for today's Divas in the WWE, but are these two considered the hottest ones they have at the moment?

yo.

#404 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,279 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 12:46 PM

I don't really care too much for today's Divas in the WWE, but are these two considered the hottest ones they have at the moment?

I guess, I find AJ Lee hotter, but Nikki (big boobs one) is dating John Cena. and the other one is dating Daniel Bryan. Funny thing is Cena and Byran faced eachother at Summerslam  in the Main Event 

#405 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,279 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 02:01 PM

Paul Heyman  is the man

Enjoy 

#406 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 11:46 AM

Im not too sure how they go with this storyline. It is basically a rehash of the Austin vs Corporation angle. However Austin and Bryans characters are so different, with the similarity being they were/are so super over and great in ring performers. Austins redneck ass kicking persona really suited the employee vs powerful boss and company.

In saying that, this angle is basically a real life parallel of Bryans WWE career. They doubted he could become a main event player and WWE champion material. He was totally buried by Vince when he first debuted on NXT with the losses. Vince wanted to show Bryan he may have been a indie legend, but Vince decided if you made it or not in WWE.

Over time Bryan has proved him wrong. He was fired and rehired, became US champ, MITB winner, World Champ and Tag Champ. In fact his World title burial at WM to Sheamus would actually become the fire starter for his rise to superstardom. His run with Kane also cemented that. His beard and comical touch did but most importantly ONE word did. YES!!!

The main factor that has got him over besides the YES catchphrase, is his in ring performances. He is the most consistent and best worker in WWE, able to have a good match with anyone. This is his claim to fame from the indies and has helped him ascend to the top, combined with the reasons mentioned previously.

Anyway back to your question lol. I will start another reply for that I think. Got a bit off track!!! :D :D :D

#407 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,279 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 01:15 PM

Im not too sure how they go with this storyline. It is basically a rehash of the Austin vs Corporation angle. However Austin and Bryans characters are so different, with the similarity being they were/are so super over and great in ring performers. Austins redneck ass kicking persona really suited the employee vs powerful boss and company.

In saying that, this angle is basically a real life parallel of Bryans WWE career. They doubted he could become a main event player and WWE champion material. He was totally buried by Vince when he first debuted on NXT with the losses. Vince wanted to show Bryan he may have been a indie legend, but Vince decided if you made it or not in WWE.

Over time Bryan has proved him wrong. He was fired and rehired, became US champ, MITB winner, World Champ and Tag Champ. In fact his World title burial at WM to Sheamus would actually become the fire starter for his rise to superstardom. His run with Kane also cemented that. His beard and comical touch did but most importantly ONE word did. YES!!!

The main factor that has got him over besides the YES catchphrase, is his in ring performances. He is the most consistent and best worker in WWE, able to have a good match with anyone. This is his claim to fame from the indies and has helped him ascend to the top, combined with the reasons mentioned previously.

Anyway back to your question lol. I will start another reply for that I think. Got a bit off track!!! :D :D :D

LOL it's cool, bro. Trust me I know about Byran's background. I see it as like when The Rock turned heel, and became the Corporate Champion, and Vince turned on Mankind, but as far as this storyline goes, I think we MAY see Shane come into play here for a bit, or  they will go to the rumored way and have Vince turn Baby. (which I don't want to see) 

#408 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 02:33 PM

Obviously it will or should culminate in Bryan regaining the Title. How and when this happens is the question. This does have the potential to be the best storyline for a while if they play it right. They have kept Bryan chasing the belt as well as making him an even bigger underdog to regain it by having the Front Office against him as well.

I do feel they may have to make Bryan a little bit edgier. He has quite a big hurdle to overcome taking on the McMahons, Hunter, Orton, Maddox and the Shield on his own. Austin was a bad ass , so it was believable when he took on the Corporation so I dont know how they do it with Bryan.

They could get other faces such as Henry, Show and Ziggler to help him. Could Linda or Shane make an appearance to counter the power balance. Does HBK come to his aid against his former BFF. Does Bryan recruit Austin as he knows how to deal with this type of situation. Does Cena return at Rumble just in time to save the day.(Im hoping thats not plan but its very possible) Do the egos slowly implode the Corporation and do H and Steph give Vince the boot, leaving his only ally as Bryan. Only some scenarios that are possible.

I can see this programme at the most running all the way to Wrestlemania. Cena's possible return at Rumble or beforehand will have a bearing on this angle somehow.

I think its possible that at Night of Champions its Bryan vs Orton with Orton winning dirty or Bryan by DQ. Survivor Series could possibly see Orton and Shield vs Bryan + 3 faces(maybe Ziggler,Show and Henry) in old school SS main event. Then Rumble could have Orton vs Bryan with Cena coming back and helping Bryan win the title. Again just some scenarios I thought of.

Im really intrigued as to how it will play out. Bryan is so over and white hot at the moment. This angle done correctly can propell him to Cena like status. At worst he will be firmly entrenched in the main event scene. The nightmare would be him dropping back to mid card hell like the Miz lol. Dont see that happening though.

I konw the McMahons are very invested in Bryan, because they dont just involve themselves in any old angle. They understand he is possibly their next big cash cow.

Edited by jax24, August 21, 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#409 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 02:44 PM

LOL it's cool, bro. Trust me I know about Byran's background. I see it as like when The Rock turned heel, and became the Corporate Champion, and Vince turned on Mankind, but as far as this storyline goes, I think we MAY see Shane come into play here for a bit, or they will go to the rumored way and have Vince turn Baby. (which I don't want to see)

Yeah it probably does resemble the Rock Mankind angle more than the Austin angle I mentioned.

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 02:58 PM

Damn jax. A few of those long posts, don't think I've ever even seen you that passionate or with that much to say about the Lakers, lol. You really are a mega wrestling fan.

yo.

#411 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 04:21 PM

Damn jax. A few of those long posts, don't think I've ever even seen you that passionate or with that much to say about the Lakers, lol. You really are a mega wrestling fan.

Damn Im snapped!!! :D I knew I shouldnt have started posting in this thread haha. Yeah big wrestling fan but even bigger Laker fan lol. We have hit that quiet part of the off season, so im really getting more into wrestling at the moment. Well thats my excuse anyway. :D

#412 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,279 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 04:47 PM

that last line you said was gold

I konw the McMahons are very invested in Bryan, because they dont just involve themselves in any old angle. They understand he is possibly their next big cash cow. 

that's entirely true. Who knows maybe if the way that Byran gets over and he could be the  next top face, it's quite possible (not banking on it) that Cena joins this Corporation and sides with them and the invetible heel turn is here

Wrestling is red hot right now (in WWE's case, not so much for that bush league company) the mid card got some sneaky good story-lines too. Sandow, Rhodes, Wyatt and Kane (Who I think its the best speaker as of right now along with Punk) Punk and Axel, Heyman and Lesnar. Several NXT call-ups. Tag Team division is getting a re-boot, Divas finally getting time... Happy to be a Wrestling fan  

#413 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,344 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted August 21, 2013 - 06:26 PM

I don't like punk being brought down to fight axel.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#414 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,279 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 06:59 PM

I don't like punk being brought down to fight axel.

its not about a Punk and Axel, it's about Punk and Heyman 

#415 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 10:35 PM

that last line you said was gold

that's entirely true. Who knows maybe if the way that Byran gets over and he could be the next top face, it's quite possible (not banking on it) that Cena joins this Corporation and sides with them and the invetible heel turn is here

Wrestling is red hot right now (in WWE's case, not so much for that bush league company) the mid card got some sneaky good story-lines too. Sandow, Rhodes, Wyatt and Kane (Who I think its the best speaker as of right now along with Punk) Punk and Axel, Heyman and Lesnar. Several NXT call-ups. Tag Team division is getting a re-boot, Divas finally getting time... Happy to be a Wrestling fan

If Cena did join the McMahons and turn heel I would party like its 1999 lol. Obviously if that ever happened it would be their way of confirming Bryan as number 1 guy. A very long stretch that it occurs though. Would be ecstatic if it did however.

Could it depend on how Bryans run as top face goes while Cena is out? If this angle bombs do they bring Cena back to save the day. If Bryan is scorching hot by then, do they finally turn fruity pebbles?

If they did have Cena turn I would book Cena to return at Rumble and help Bryan defeat Orton to regain the strap. Have Cena also win the rumble. Then Cena challenges Bryan at WM in a supposed face vs face match and SS rematch. The finish would be Orton and Shield interfering. Cena and Bryan fight them off then Cena back stabs Bryan and wins. Or the Shield and Orton come in looking to beat down Cena and Bryan. Then they chuck a chair to Cena to use on Bryan. He uses it, pins him they celebrate. You could even have Orton in as triple threat match. The odds look like 2 heroes vs corporate heel. Then bang swerve turn Cena back stab.

If you are going to turn Cena heel, you do it at Mania. This would shock people the most. The heat he would get would be amazing. Bryan would be screwed by the Corporation again. Fans would be so invested in Bryan. Bryan could regain it again in a few months later then finally have a lengthy reign. By this time he surely would be top dog.

The only problems I have with this angle is it is just rehashing the same angle again. I think Cena as heel champ would add a better dynamic than Orton though. However I would also be worried that Cena would start getting over and could end up halting Bryans buzz as everyone would enjoy Cena as a heel so much.

At the end of the day Cena is the guaranteed cash cow. So if they put Bryan over as top guy it means they know Bryan is THE guy. They had the chance to turn Cena with the Punk feud but didnt as well as against the Rock. The fact remains, Cena to the McMahons is best staying as is. His character is so unique and he is definitely the greatest TWEENER ever. He gets good and bad reactions which is gold. He elicits that divided attention which no one else can.

Oh well cant stop a man from dreaming right lol. I really cant say for sure how this angle plays out and I love that. Unpredictable angles are heaven in wrestling. They keep you engaged and invested in them.

Edited by jax24, August 21, 2013 - 11:29 PM.

#416 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 11:17 PM

As for some of the Mid card storylines I agree. I really like Husky Wyatt lol. He is someone who if they play it right with this mysterious angle, could be headed for big things. He has awesome mic skills and has really embraced this cult leader, possessed psycho gimmick. Him and Kanes feud seems to lead into this slow burn angle into what Wyatt is truly here for.

Also the Rhodes and Sandow feud has gradually grown on me. Im semi-interested now. The Heyman Punk angle seems to be still going, which I presume will involve Punk and Axel feuding. Punk will always have my attention. I would love to see him bring some prestige back to the World title but he is involved in this angle still. RVD, Del rio and Christian seems to be the World title angle at the moment. Would love RVD to win it just to bring some buzz to it. Even the Tag division seems somewhat bearable. The Divas will always be WWEs Achilles heel.(no pun lol)

A very interesting fact is at present all the WWE titles are held by heels. It brings a new and fresh dynamic with all the faces chasing.

Yeah I have to say Ive really started to enjoy WWE again. The product just feels less stale than it normally has been lately.

#417 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,279 posts

Posted August 22, 2013 - 07:57 AM

regarding the main angle. if it is rumored to be true, that Vince will turn face who do you think he will bring in to face Triple H at Wrestlemania? Austin? Rock? I personally want to see Punk vs Austin at Mania

I'm keeping my eye on the mid card, seems like they're going back to the Attitude Era formula, and have every angle to be invested in 

#418 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,279 posts

Posted August 22, 2013 - 02:30 PM

WWE in talks with Goldberg to return for Wrestlemania 

WWE and Bill Goldberg are reportedly in talks regarding a return to the company in time for next year's WrestleMania in New Orleans, LA. The hope is Goldberg would agree to wrestle Ryback, who has often been compered to Goldberg by fans. 

WWE may also offer Goldberg the chance of a Hall of Fame induction to lure him

#419 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,809 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted August 22, 2013 - 04:34 PM

^was wondering what happened to him...they could always just bring back gillberg if Goldberg can't do it

Posted Image

#420 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts

Posted August 22, 2013 - 05:56 PM

regarding the main angle. if it is rumored to be true, that Vince will turn face who do you think he will bring in to face Triple H at Wrestlemania? Austin? Rock? I personally want to see Punk vs Austin at Mania

I'm keeping my eye on the mid card, seems like they're going back to the Attitude Era formula, and have every angle to be invested in

Yeah if Vince is turned face, then it has to be someone like Rock, Austin, Cena or Punk to represent him. Would love a Punk vs Austin as well. However it wouldnt surprise me if Punk gets involved with this corporate angle later on after he is done with Heyman. Have Vince get behind the two small stature indie guys as the only way to save his position of power. Only problem with Punk coming in would be he may take Punks thunder. I also think Cena is involved in it as well,maybe he could. However I think we have seen enough H and Cena at Mainia lol.

I do think the rumors have legs. Also the possible return of Goldberg at Mania vs Ryback would be interesting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users