#81 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted February 17, 2011 - 06:58 PM

Stalkerific

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 10:11 PM

Bump. Lots of new folks around here since then. Share what kind of camera/s you have at the moment and or will likely be getting in the future.

I've had my eye on this camera for some time:

http://www.amazon.co...1&keywords=sx50

61d1sNofahL._SL1000_.jpg

I've done tons of research on it, but at the end of the day what obviously attracts me most to it is its breath-taking 50X optical zoom. Beyond beast!

Some samples:

yo.

#83 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 31, 2013 - 04:03 PM

Nobody's got a digital camera here? All cell phones only?

I got a Canon Rebel T5i a couple days ago. Amazing pictures.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 04:08 PM

^ Cool. Do you ever share some in the photography thread?

How long have you had it and how long do you intend on keeping it as your main one before you consider upgrading?

yo.

#85 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,246 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 01, 2013 - 07:03 PM

I'm currently looking on Craigslist form camera. Money is funny and I'm trying break in. Newbie... Tired of the cellphone
Posted Image

• 40,400 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 07:07 PM

^ What kind of brands are you most considering? Any in particular or open to just about all? Pixels? Size of camera? Is video important to you as well? HD? 720 and or 1080p capable? Digital camera or SLR? Price range? How old or how new?

yo.

#87 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,246 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 07:32 AM

Video isn't important. I always hear canon is cool, but I honestly want just want a camera with atleast 10+ pixel. 720 would be nice. And explain digital and xlr to me. I don't care about the age and all ad long ad I can point snap and shoot. Lol. It's for personal use nothing professional
Posted Image

#88 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,054 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 07:41 AM

I currently have a Samsung T65, and it's been acting up for the past year now. I can't take colored photos without them coming out all fuzzy looking. I'm sure it's not me shaking my hand a bit when taking the photos. Even when I've had the thing on a tripod and timer, the photos still come out a little weird. Only way I can get the photos to not look like that is if I resize it way down when editing via PhotoShop. It's a bit annoying. It's gotten to the point where... when I go places, I rely on my Samsung Galaxy S3 to take photos because they come out a lot more clear than what I get out of my digital camera.

And I need a digital camera for my internship this fall (no camera phone allowed, obviously lol). Nothing too fancy really like the DSLR (although I'd love to own one of those), just something more compact :hmm:

Edited by JEN, August 02, 2013 - 07:42 AM.

#89 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,246 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 08:44 AM

I'd like to own something like that to, but the way my money is set up . Ya see, I got a checking account with not Mich money in it and ummmmmm.. my savings account is laughing at me.. so I would like to go great pix for a camera, but but doesn't cripple my wallet. What do the folks of Lakernatuon suggest?

Sup JenB-)
Posted Image

• 40,400 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 01:32 PM

^ I would love to help you and maybe provide you with some links, but it'd be nice if you didn't dodge one of my important questions and you could at least give me somewhat of a price range you're looking at specifically. For instance, what's the most you're willing to spend?

yo.

#91 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,246 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 01:01 PM

Wasn't dodging sir. No more that 150$ I don't care the age. 10 plus mega pixels. Don't care about the weight
Posted Image

#92 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,246 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 01:02 PM

I was working and was quickly responding
Posted Image

• 40,400 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 11:34 PM

^ Check these out and read reviews & what not (listed from most popular)

http://www.amazon.co...ice=160&x=6&y=8

& these are listed from best rated/reviewed:

http://www.amazon.co...wrank_authority

Here's a list of best budget cameras:

http://reviews.cnet....budget-cameras/

Remember that more pixels doesn't exactly always equate to better & sharper image quality, especially when it comes to point & shoot digital cameras.

& most of the cameras I posted especially from the Amazon links should be within your price range as I tried picking that in the filter...

Also you can use this to help you see a ton of image samples from whatever specific model you decide to look at or search upon. Just try finding it in the directory here:

http://www.flickr.com/cameras

and of course, youtube's always a good place too. Type whatever model it is you're looking at in the search and put review after. They'll be tons of results in most cases. You can also type the model and image samples after or video samples etc.

yo.

#94 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,054 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 08:47 AM

Remember that more pixels doesn't exactly always equate to better & sharper image quality, especially when it comes to point & shoot digital cameras.

Unfortunately, I have found this to be true lol. I mean, it's not like the quality is horrible or anything, it's just plain decent. And I'd work with what I'm able to get just fine. But it would be nice to get a lot better and sharper image quality though... with that said, i don't know what to exactly look for if I want that from a camera? I never owned anything fancy, so to speak, so I don't know *shrug* People say shooting in RAW format is the best way to go, and I've seen for myself that it does work, but I think that's only something found in DSLRs?

• 40,400 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 01:29 PM

People say shooting in RAW format is the best way to go, and I've seen for myself that it does work, but I think that's only something found in DSLRs?

No. You can also find that available in most bridge cameras as well, which are just below DSLRs and right ahead of typical point & shoots. Kinda in between.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Bridge_camera

Here's a list of cameras supporting raw format:

http://en.wikipedia....ng_a_raw_format

But the bottomline is you just have to invest a little more time and try being a better buyer & investigator. Use all the options I mentioned and more... The more knowledge you have the better. Do comparisons. Weigh the negatives and the positives. Ask yourself if it's a matter of price difference, will you really use a certain feature or more that the pricier version has? Is it a deal breaker for you? Read reviews and gather all of them together from as many different sources and see what issue or issues appear most persistent, which are then in turn more likelier to be true as well as the positives, etc.

http://reviews.cnet....igital-cameras/

You can also search by price range in that link as well and read reviews & ratings between the models.

This is Amazon's best seller's list on cameras ranked in order from best-selling:

http://www.amazon.co...ctronics/281052

This also provides some good tips:

http://reviews.cnet....a-buying-guide/

yo.

#96 HEY ITS JOEY

HEY ITS JOEY

my f-stop

• 1,884 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted August 12, 2013 - 11:42 AM

I have a Canon 40D with an 85mm f/1.8 and 17-70 f/2.8 lens

#97 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,054 posts

Posted August 14, 2013 - 04:57 PM

Had to take some pictures today for an article assignment I've got for my internship, and the photos definitely came out a bit grainy. The quality just isn't as great at all (especially for something that will be printed in the newspaper). Guess it's time to start saving up for a new camera for sure now. The thing doesn't even turn on properly anymore either smh.

Looking to spend no more than $400 on a camera... so hopefully I find something that's truly worth it.

• 40,400 posts

Posted August 14, 2013 - 05:03 PM

^ I'll try to get back to this post later when I have more time, but in the meantime, I suggest you at least remember my post a while back on recommendations and help on what to look for in a camera more or less and just take as much time as possible if you can. The more cameras & models you research/investigate the better. You might fall in love with a few almost right away, but don't fall for the temptation right away. Broaden your search & keep looking around near the end narrow down the overall reviews you found, choices, etc... and from there you'll feel better and more confident about making close to the best possible decision you could make.

yo.

#99 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,054 posts

Posted August 14, 2013 - 05:07 PM

^ I'll try to get back to this post later when I have more time, but in the meantime, I suggest you at least remember my post a while back on recommendations and help on what to look for in a camera more or less and just take as much time as possible if you can. The more cameras & models you research/investigate the better. You might fall in love with a few almost right away, but don't fall for the temptation right away. Broaden your search & keep looking around near the end narrow down the overall reviews you found, choices, etc... and from there you'll feel better and more confident about making close to the best possible decision you could make.

Ya I was reading through the links you posted days ago, especially CNET's Buying Guide. As far as good quality goes, especially when compared to basic point-and-shoot cameras, those megazoom cameras seem pretty sweet. Better yet... those entry-level DSLRs seem to be just as good an investment. I'm still researching around hardcore though before I truly finally decide on one.

• 40,400 posts

Posted August 14, 2013 - 05:13 PM

^ If you want pure image quality at its best, obviously you should go DSLR hands down and then second would be the bridge cameras, but if you also prioritize video a lot with multiple options & what not, then in my opinion a bridge camera would be better in several ways. Not necessarily always for pure video quality in comparison to a DSLR although in some cases yes, but definitely more optical zoom, which is an important feature for many and more customizing features & options for video as well usually.

Keep in mind also, DSLRs usually don't offer that much zoom for images either just in general, they're very limited, even if you look at buying different lenses or whatever UNLESS you look at super expensive ones almost too costly to afford. The reason for this is simply because DSLR's image quality technology is so superior to anything below it that it's a lot more costlier including the lens to combine with that enhanced expensive technology to zoom more.

I probably don't explain this in the best possible way, but I hope more or less you get an idea. Of course you can always and should always if you're truly interested take some time to research these facts & go further in depth & more accurately about them.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users