Digital Cameras

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted August 01, 2008 - 08:30 PM

What kind of digital camera do you have and how many pixels is it?
Are you happy with it?
How many have you had/owned?
How often do you upgrade or buy a new one?
Will you buy them at regular price or only on sale?
What are the top brands or you favorite brands in your opinion?

I personally have a Canon PowerShot Digital Elph SD600 6 pixels.. that i've had for almost one year now.. got it last December around my birthday..
i'm happy with it! it's pretty awesome! got it somewhat on sale around the holidays of course.. i plan on keeping it for 2-3 more years maybe.. depending on what else is out there, what's new.. and the prices.. but I LOVE canon.. also would probably get a sony.. maybe.. i like other brands too actually.. some have their differences, pluses and negatives.. but yeah.. it just depends on what you want/you're looking for..investigate..
i just mostly use it for family pictures.. friends.. myself.. haha..& etc.. nothing all pro shots like far away distances.. nature.. & all that.. though i do rarely from time to time.

#2 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted August 01, 2008 - 08:48 PM

I got a Canon Powershot A630.

Posted Image

Worst thing is that it is by no means a small camera. I don't mind though cuz I always got pockets handy.

8MP, my 2nd cam, had it for 2 years I think? I am very happy with it. Bought it for $300 back then, might get a better one next year cuz this one is getting worn (a fall at the beach made it very loud too).

Everyone who knows me knows I LOVE taking pics. Got like 130 albums up on facebook, got 10s of thousands of pics, I just snap away. Take loads of pics of people, always candid, I rarely tell them I'm gonna take the pic. Everyone else can get poses, while I get more natural shots of friends in the wild. I get a bunch of asses and stuff too.

My camera is like a part of me. Like my 2nd penis

#3 HEY ITS JOEY

HEY ITS JOEY

my f-stop

• 1,883 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted August 01, 2008 - 10:02 PM

I have a Canon Digital Rebel XTi dslr w/ 3 lenses
10.1 mp
love it! i try to take it everywhere

#4 kobethetruemvp

kobethetruemvp

Rookie

• 129 posts
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 01, 2008 - 10:14 PM

I have a cannon PowerShot SD1100 IS Digital ELPH takes good pics and is really small

#5 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted September 13, 2008 - 12:36 AM

:lol:

Anybody ever heard of the "flip" camera? Anyone know anything about it? I'm kinda thinking about getting one. I know it's not the best of the best, but I'm just looking for something quick, simple, easy to use, & mobile. More than anything, for brief videos to upload ot YouTube & possibly myspace & what not & it seems to maybe fit that bill from what I've read at least.

Edited by Chicano, October 17, 2008 - 08:19 PM.

#6 piXie

piXie

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Fisher,&FARMAR!

Posted September 30, 2008 - 10:26 PM

What kind of digital camera do you have and how many pixels is it?
Are you happy with it?
How many have you had/owned?
How often do you upgrade or buy a new one?
Will you buy them at regular price or only on sale?
What are the top brands or you favorite brands in your opinion?

I personally have a Canon PowerShot Digital Elph SD600 6 pixels.. that i've had for almost one year now.. got it last December around my birthday..
i'm happy with it! it's pretty awesome! got it somewhat on sale around the holidays of course.. i plan on keeping it for 2-3 more years maybe.. depending on what else is out there, what's new.. and the prices.. but I LOVE canon.. also would probably get a sony.. maybe.. i like other brands too actually.. some have their differences, pluses and negatives.. but yeah.. it just depends on what you want/you're looking for..investigate..
i just mostly use it for family pictures.. friends.. myself.. haha..& etc.. nothing all pro shots like far away distances.. nature.. & all that.. though i do rarely from time to time.

I have a Sony Cybershot i wanna say 7.2 megapixels but that may be wrong

i am super happy with it! i love it! ...i annoy my boyfriend and family members with taking millions of pix..
my first digital camera (i love photography and could always tell a difference with digital images and always loved a good ol' SLR and used to develop and even print my own film sometimes..i still love hte look) but my boyfriend bought me the sony cybershot a couple of years ago. its still great and everyone who borrows it or sees it loves is

#7 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,663 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 30, 2008 - 11:55 PM

I got a Canon Powershot A630.

Posted Image

Worst thing is that it is by no means a small camera. I don't mind though cuz I always got pockets handy.

8MP, my 2nd cam, had it for 2 years I think? I am very happy with it. Bought it for $300 back then, might get a better one next year cuz this one is getting worn (a fall at the beach made it very loud too).

Everyone who knows me knows I LOVE taking pics. Got like 130 albums up on facebook, got 10s of thousands of pics, I just snap away. Take loads of pics of people, always candid, I rarely tell them I'm gonna take the pic. Everyone else can get poses, while I get more natural shots of friends in the wild. I get a bunch of asses and stuff too.

Do you use the flip screen in a strange position? I wonder why didn't they just put the screen on the back, that only takes more space I assume...
Posted Image

#8 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted September 30, 2008 - 11:57 PM

Is there any good ones i can get for a 100-150 bucks?
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#9 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted October 01, 2008 - 12:15 AM

Do you use the flip screen in a strange position? I wonder why didn't they just put the screen on the back, that only takes more space I assume...

I usually use it like normal, at the back. But sometimes I use it at different angles to see what I'm taking a pic of, like holding the camera real high, or taking a pic of myself with others, you can adjust the screen.

#10 MACP.A.T.

MACP.A.T.

Rookie

• 70 posts

Posted October 01, 2008 - 06:50 AM

Nikon>your life.

#11 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted October 23, 2008 - 12:04 PM

Nikon's alright, but they ain't the best. Their images usually come out just a little darker. Canon is by far number one still & almost always has been. The best amount of brightness and quality in their pictures than any other.

I've had a Canon SD600 Digital Elph 6 megapixel for about almost three years now.. finally gonna' upgrade to a newer one though I certainly don't have to, still am happy with it, but I'm lookin' at another one from Canon, the Canon SD1100 IS 8 megapixel.

Posted Image

JOEY, when do you plan on upgrading yours & buying a newer one? Will your next purchase be a 12 pixel, 14? how much??

I could've gone for the 10 myself like the one you have kinda, but ehh... from the Canon models I was looking at, they were unfortunately lacking some features that the 8 pixel did have.

Edited by Chicano, October 23, 2008 - 12:05 PM.

#12 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted October 23, 2008 - 12:29 PM

But you don't hear a word, you see that S-L-R-ah.

Edited by Chimerical Ode, October 23, 2008 - 12:30 PM.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#13 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted October 23, 2008 - 12:44 PM

Posted Image

Incredible 8.1-Megapixel Detail
With 8.1-megapixel resolution, you'll be able to edit, crop, and make big prints that show more detail--and Sony's advanced Super HAD (Hole Accumulated Diode) CCD design allows more light to pass to each pixel, increasing sensitivity and reducing noise.

Big, Bright 2.5-Inch LCD Screen
The DSC-W100 incorporates a 2.5-inch LCD screen that gives you a big, bright view of your subject for setting up shots and checking your results--with a one-touch "Play" button that makes it quick and easy to view your photos.

Function Guide Text/Icon Display
An on-screen Function Guide text/icon display makes it easy to learn the camera functions that give you greater creative freedom to adjust color mode (including "Natural" for subtle colors and "Vivid" for more intense colors), sensitivity, brightness, and image size.

High Sensitivity Mode
A new High Sensitivity Mode (ISO 1000) lets you shoot without flash for more natural results in low-light conditions and shoot at higher shutter speed to minimize blur from unsteady hands or fast-moving subjects--and Sony's original Clear RAW NR (Noise Reduction) image processing technology helps suppress the color noise that can accompany high-sensitivity shooting.

Carl Zeiss 3x Optical/2x Digital Zoom

3x optical zoom helps the DSC-W100 bring distant subjects closer and lets you frame shots for better composition; Sony's precision 2x digital zoom provides an additional 2x magnification to enlarge details without jagged edges.

Creative Manual Exposure Modes
For more creative freedom, the DSC-W100 lets you adjust shutter speed to freeze the action or shoot with long time exposures--and control depth of field with aperture adjustment to concentrate on the foreground or capture "deep-focus" background.

Stamina Battery Power
A powerful Lithium Ion rechargeable battery allows the DSC-W100 to capture up to 290 images--and the compact BC-CSG battery charger is also supplied for battery recharging on the go.

14x Smart Zoom Feature
Sony's Smart Zoom feature intelligently "crops into" the central portion of interest in your photo--avoiding the image degradation of other digital zooms. Depending on picture size, you can extend 3x optical zoom to 4.1x (3 MP), 5.2x (2 MP), or 14x (VGA).

High-Capacity 64 MB Memory
With built-in 64 MB internal memory, the DSC-W100 allows you to capture images without a flash memory card--then transfer your images to optional Memory Stick Duo media, upload to your computer or make prints on your digital printer.

Memory Stick Duo Media
The DSC-W100 has a built-in slot for optional Memory Stick Duo or higher-capacity Memory Stick PRO Duo media--the ultra-compact media for shooting, storing and sharing your photo images.

MPEG Movie VX Fine Mode
The DSC-W100 can capture VGA (640 x 480) audio-video clips at high frame rate (up to 30 frames per second), with length limited only by the capacity of your media.

Product Description
The impressive features of Sony's DSC-W100 Cyber-shot® Digital Camera deliver digital imaging to an exiting new realm. Thanks to its rechargeable, high-capacity G Series Lithium-ion STAMINA battery and 8.1 Megapixel Super HAD™ CCD, the DSC-W100 offers the power and digital clarity to snap even more amazing images wherever you are. Its enhanced ISO sensitivity and expanded dynamic range work together for remarkable, true-to-life colour reproduction, captured by the precision-crafted Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens, the leader in optics technology. With the added convenience of its 64MB internal memory, you can continue to catch every moment even if don't have your Memory Stick® Duo media handy. Aperture - Auto (F2.8 - F10)/Program Auto (F2.8 - F10)/Manual (F2.8 - F10) / Shutter Speed - Auto (1/8 - 1/2000)/Program Auto (1? - 1/2000)/Manual (30? - 1/1000) / Slow Shutter (shutter speed of 1 sec. or lower) Hand Shake Alert Picture Brightness Button Light Metering - Multi-pattern, Center Weighted, Spot ISO Sensitivity Setting - Menu, Auto/80/100/200/400/800/1250 Exposure Mode - Auto, Program Auto, Manual, Scene Selection (dial, 6 modes) / Photo Mode - Auto, P-Auto, Manual, High Sensitivity, Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Soft Snap, Landscape, Beach, Movie / Color Mode - Vivid, Natural, Black&White, Sepia PictBridge Built-in electronic-flash Unit Dimensions 3-11/16 x 2-3/8 x1 (94.2 x 60.6 x 24.8 mm) / Weight 5.9 oz (1161g) Body; 7.0 oz. (192 g) including Battery and optional Memory Stick® Duo Media J&R advises purchase of optional 1GB MS-Duo memory card for more practical use of this camera, especially in movie mode.

Bleeding purple & gold...

#14 missmyzte

missmyzte

Rookie

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Robert Horry

Posted October 23, 2008 - 04:10 PM

I have a Sony Cyber-Shot as well, got it 4 years ago and still does a great job. Never had any problems with it so I've never had to replace it... It's 5.0 megapixels, 4x optical zoom... a little on the bulky side but was considered small at the time.

"Our focus is not to be better than just one team in the NBA, the Lakers play for Championships." -- Lamar Odom, 11/19/06

#15 Kam

Kam

Basketball Immortality

• 2,455 posts
  • Name:Kam Pashai
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 23, 2008 - 10:32 PM

Rebel XTi w/ a couple lenses.
10 megapixels.

I broke my point and shoot camera. Anyone have any suggestions for a cheap replacement?

#16 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted January 07, 2009 - 05:41 PM

I may buy one of those thousand dollar priced professional top of the line type ones one of these days. What's the greatest zoom possible out there to date and what's the highest mega pixels?

#17 DarthRekal

DarthRekal

Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy

• 1,110 posts
  • Name:Rorshach
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin - Then; Trevor - Now

Posted January 07, 2009 - 07:21 PM

photography thread :blink: ;)

Clicky The Siggy
Men Get Arrested, Dogs Get Put Down!- Rorshach

#18 HEY ITS JOEY

HEY ITS JOEY

my f-stop

• 1,883 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted January 08, 2009 - 12:55 AM

I may buy one of those thousand dollar priced professional top of the line type ones one of these days. What's the greatest zoom possible out there to date and what's the highest mega pixels?

you can get the Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III
its around $6,000 i think
21.1 megapixel

as for zoom, lenses come in many focal ranges.

Edited by HEY ITS JOEY, January 08, 2009 - 12:57 AM.

#19 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted January 08, 2009 - 02:16 PM

^ Hmm.. sounds good except for the price, thanks.

What's the most you've ever invested in a high performance camera & what's the most you ever would?

Now say, on average, usually, for the common person, when going to Laker games, yes there are rare exceptions for the common person when they get great seats, but speaking on an average basis, let's say you usually have to sit pretty higher.. what would be the best kind of cameras to get to take pictures of the players and the court/action from very afar and get the best possible results? What would probably be the best possible zoom for that and best possible mega pixels? Let's just go to the extremes and specifically go ALL THE WAY TO TOP, the highest of the highest seats.

#20 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted January 08, 2009 - 06:53 PM

I got my parents a Nikon coolpix for there anniversary few day back but i mostly will use it.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users