#41 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 08, 2009 - 05:38 PM

With the Lakers having like a 63-14 record since Memphis traded Pau Gasol to us, it is clear to see why the GM's were in such an uproar.

:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

#42 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted February 08, 2009 - 05:53 PM

With the Lakers having like a 63-14 record since Memphis traded Pau Gasol to us, it is clear to see why the GM's were in such an uproar.

Way to go....Pau ftw.... :nervous:

#43 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 08, 2009 - 05:54 PM

I saw this coming. When we got Gasol, we were getting a franchise player. Of course, fans stereotyped him as another 'Euro'. What they didn't evaluate was the fact that he has a post game, and the fact that the guy's b-ball IQ is off the roof. On offense, he is comparable to Tim Duncan...easily. Just defensively he is not nearly is good.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#44 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 08, 2009 - 06:16 PM

the only flaw offensively, is his same problem defensively: STRENGTH...if he added a little more bulk, which he has, but a little more he would be a true FRANCHISE player
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#45 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted February 08, 2009 - 06:19 PM

That is just flat out awesome :lol:

#46 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted February 08, 2009 - 06:27 PM

the only flaw offensively, is his same problem defensively: STRENGTH...if he added a little more bulk, which he has, but a little more he would be a true FRANCHISE player

He IS a franchise player. Like Kobe, he took his team to the first round without a second super star.

#47 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 08, 2009 - 06:33 PM

He IS a franchise player. Like Kobe, he took his team to the first round without a second super star.

his teamates were overall better those three years, but he isnt a guy who could be THE guy.....or shall i say this he isnt in that TOP echelon of players: Kobe,Bron,Wade, cp3, Duncan, KG, Howard, (Yao, dirk...maybe)
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#48 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted February 08, 2009 - 07:24 PM

his teamates were overall better those three years, but he isnt a guy who could be THE guy.....or shall i say this he isnt in that TOP echelon of players: Kobe,Bron,Wade, cp3, Duncan, KG, Howard, (Yao, dirk...maybe)

Keep telling yourself that.

Gasol is a top 10 player in the world whether you like it or not. Us Laker fans appreciate what Gasol brings. I'll take Gasol over Yao and Dirk anyday.

#49 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted February 08, 2009 - 07:40 PM

It still amazes me. I'm so glad we have Pau Gasol. :dance1:

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#50 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 08, 2009 - 07:43 PM

Keep telling yourself that.

Gasol is a top 10 player in the world whether you like it or not. Us Laker fans appreciate what Gasol brings. I'll take Gasol over Yao and Dirk anyday.

Koby-Gas, I have to agree with L-fool on this one. But I'd trade L-fool in for an elite poster who knows what he's talking about most of the time (like you) any day.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, February 08, 2009 - 07:43 PM.

#51 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted February 08, 2009 - 07:47 PM

Koby-Gas, I have to agree with L-fool on this one. But I'd trade L-fool in for an elite poster who knows what he's talking about most of the time (like you) any day.

You mean for somebody who thinks that Mo Williams> Ray ALlen>Pierce? :dance1: :dance1: :dance1:

#52 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 08, 2009 - 07:52 PM

You mean for somebody who thinks that Mo Williams> Ray ALlen>Pierce? :dance1: :dance1: :dance1:

I could care less about people's opinions about which player is better than which player. I respect those who see the big picture. Any fool who says that the Lakers' defense is "awful" is, well, a fool.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, February 08, 2009 - 07:52 PM.

#53 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted February 08, 2009 - 07:54 PM

I could care less about people's opinions about which player is better than which player. I respect those who see the big picture. Any fool who says that the Lakers' defense is "awful" is, well, a fool.

HAHAHAH, oh man, you're hilarious. You called me a fool, and my name is lakerfool. You should get your PhD in comedy.

#54 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,801 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted February 08, 2009 - 08:32 PM

:lol:

#55 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,853 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 08, 2009 - 08:43 PM

Alright guys, easy with the sarcasm.

The fact remains that Pau is (and this may sound crazy, but I truly believe it) under-appreciated.

He has been the best PF in the West this year and is arguably the best in the league right now. The whole strength thing that plagued him last year is fading recently. I don't think he'll ever be a bruiser, which would take away from his game anyway, but he's taken big steps in filling the gaps in the middle on both ends off the ball.

The straight truth is - Pau is one hell of a player.

And with him, the Lakers are one hell of a team.

#56 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,801 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted February 08, 2009 - 08:45 PM

The fact remains that Pau is (and this may sound crazy, but I truly believe it) under-appreciated.

He has been the best PF in the West this year and is arguably the best in the league right now. The whole strength thing that plagued him last year is fading recently. I don't think he'll ever be a bruiser, which would take away from his game anyway, but he's taken big steps in filling the gaps in the middle on both ends off the ball.

:goodpost:

#57 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted February 08, 2009 - 09:00 PM

Thank you. Somebody gets it.

#58 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 08, 2009 - 09:41 PM

Regardless of whether he is a franchise player or not (although I think he is not one) it's irrelevant... I don't care...

Getting him while getting rid of a turd named Kwame Brown at the same time? That is like killing 3 birds in 1 stone (Kwamba is so bad he is worth 2 birds)...

His impact cannot be measured by just stats alone...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users