11/20 Los Angeles Lakers @ Phoenix Suns

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
391 replies to this topic

#381 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted November 20, 2008 - 10:32 PM

Perfect way to end the evening. I'm glad Pau got a TON of rest (same with Kobe).

They will be instrumental in a victory against the Nuggets tomorrow.

Great win, shut up Phx. You want us in the post-season this year? We'll whoop your a**.

"Oh and Snaq, tell us how our a** tastes"

:clap:

33 and 34min for Kobe and Pau respective should be good for tomorrow, I seriously hope.

Snaq should ask Bell or Diaw...I forgot, or was that Amare, who got into Fisher's *** earlier.

#382 JavierLakerFan16

JavierLakerFan16

Lakers Live

• PipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted November 20, 2008 - 10:35 PM

900/1000 not bad

#383 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted November 20, 2008 - 10:40 PM

Great win, defense was strong throughout the whole game. And the bench controlled the tempo at the beginning of the 2nd quarter.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#384 magicmoment

magicmoment

ArtestMediaGroup Graphic Designer

• 3,489 posts
  • Name:Angelica "Gel Gel"
  • Fan Since:circa 1999ish
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Vujacic, Gasol, Artest

Posted November 20, 2008 - 10:47 PM

it was a good win. i was kind of expecting a little more of a challenge from those Suns. I felt like their energy died sometime during the course of the game.

Vlad was great. Made his shots..
everyone did well. :)

and one observation... i dont watch phx suns games so im not quite sure.. but did you guys think that Nash has kind of taken the back seat a little bit? like he hasnt been to involved as far as scoring.. [but it could've just been tonight... coz like i said, i dont watch their games]

#385 ReaListik

ReaListik

Rookie

• 222 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 20, 2008 - 10:56 PM

it was a good win. i was kind of expecting a little more of a challenge from those Suns. I felt like their energy died sometime during the course of the game.

Vlad was great. Made his shots..
everyone did well. :)

and one observation... i dont watch phx suns games so im not quite sure.. but did you guys think that Nash has kind of taken the back seat a little bit? like he hasnt been to involved as far as scoring.. [but it could've just been tonight... coz like i said, i dont watch their games]

The Suns looked very old and slow, and like they're lost on offense. Honestly, it's a shame for me to see the franchise that the Colangelos' built from ground up, to what has happened to them since Sarver took over. That guy and Steve Kerr have done a lot of damage to that team, to the point of self-imploding the entire organization. It's clear that Shaq can't be a major option for the offense anymore, but rather a meat shield is more like it that absorbs hard fouls and pulls down big rebounds. Terry Porter is not the best pick for their offensive style, and unless they get another Mike D'Antoni type and get rid of Sarver, they're looking at the results they had post-Barkley years up til the re-sign of Nash. You can tell Steve's pretty frustrated with the direction the team is going in, and I think he'll end up finishing his career over in Toronto, or atleast I hope he does because over there he'd have a higher shot at success than with this shell of a team.

Solid night for the Lakers, but there was some ugly shooting in spurts particularly by Kobe. He was effective in the post a lot more often than from the outside. It was awesome to see Rad start hitting the 3's like he did, something like 5-5? Odom had a big night as well, Derek Fisher hit some big shots.

Good win tonight, 9-1.

Edited by ReaListik, November 20, 2008 - 10:59 PM.

"We are the goodest" - Shaq during an interview on ESPN.

#386 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted November 20, 2008 - 10:58 PM

Great victory; now I just hope we don't get a letdown tomorrow night at home against Denver.

Bleeding purple & gold...

#387 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,305 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted November 21, 2008 - 02:03 AM

Radman was Vlad the Impaler :D

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#388 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted November 21, 2008 - 03:58 AM

What a great game, sorry, I just had to post it again.

Victory against the Suns means something. We've beaten the Hornets, Rockets and Suns, it sends a message.
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#389 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,151 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted November 21, 2008 - 06:33 AM

that was totaly worth staying up for!! VLAD for the 3! =).

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#390 Kobe^Pau RulZ

Kobe^Pau RulZ

el azote de los Cárpatos

• 1,277 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe - Pau

Posted November 21, 2008 - 08:09 AM

Radman was Vlad the Impaler :D

:rock:

Posted Image

#391 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,092 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 21, 2008 - 10:21 AM

When Vlad is knockin them threes down, the Lakers are killin. I don't care who it is.

Defense was nice. To answer an earlier post about Nash..... I mentioned that to a co-worker. We both was like Nash is not a halfcourt type player. He has to be able to create for his team.
Posted Image

#392 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb

Posted November 21, 2008 - 03:35 PM

The analysis comes from Kevin Arnovitz of Clipperblog. He breaks down the Suns' offensive sequences right before the end of the first half where the Lakers outscored them 11-5 to take a 6-point lead into halftime. Very good analysis and you can sense the slightest twinge of haterade from a Clipper fan which is schadenfreudelicious.

Small excerpt:

It's important to note that the Lakers' defense has made the entire league look like ineffectual slugs this season. Few teams apply that kind of pressure, and even fewer do it with three agile guys 6' 10" or taller. Still, watching Nash slog his way through the torpor of halfcourt sets that demand nothing more of him than an entry pass is painful. Worse, the slow-it-down exercise in Phoenix seems to be a sacrifice without a reward.

Full Article: 13 Seconds or More

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users