#21 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,862 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 24, 2008 - 11:50 AM

hows it too late? anyone can improve their shot, start shooting a bunch of shots a day. he doesnt even need that much improvement anyways, hes not a one dimensional player

Even if he were to improve his jumpshot a tad, how would he be able to guard the other SF's in the league who are much quicker than him and have superior perimeter games? Playing on the perimeter as a SF requires a decent perimeter game with Lamar Odom has never had in his career.

#22 JaCkFrOsT305

JaCkFrOsT305

Rookie

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted July 24, 2008 - 11:57 AM

Lamar Odom had 4 yrs to prove himself and he aint done ish...I say we ship for Ron Artest or Tayshaun prince.
Please read the Forum Guidelines for the appropriate size for a signature. Thank you. :)
- Nuggs

comin' to a neighborhood near you!!!

#23 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,862 posts

Posted July 24, 2008 - 11:58 AM

If you guys watch Lakers, Odom has never been a post up player, he's more of a slasher if anything. And now with Pau, Kobe, and Bynum Odom will have an easier time, getting easier open cuts and easier layup/dunk oppurtunities, and don't sleep on his jumper I think he can hit at least 38% from 3.

With the Big 3and Kobe, i can see us scoring everytime. Offensive boards, wow, the ball will fall near one of those 7 footers hands. We'll get every rebound, offense and defense.

Also with Odom, we have the flexibility of putting him at the 3,4 or even 5, heck, even 1 or 2 if we want. He is very versatile, and if someone gets injured he can easily fit any spot.

Some of yall act like he's never played 3 before. He's played 3 his career almost as much as hes played 4. He'll do fine as our 3, guys.

31-113. That's Lamar Odom's 3 point percentage. 0.274 percent 3 pointers made during the season. The problem with LO isn't rebounding, it's his erratic jumpshot. Also, how is he going to guard the much quicker SF's who can also spot up and hit those perimeter J's?

Even if Lamar is less effective at the 3, I still have no doubt that the Lakers'll claim the title with the return of Andrew Bynum.

#24 mikedeezy2k8

mikedeezy2k8

24/7

• 271 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted July 24, 2008 - 12:00 PM

Even if he were to improve his jumpshot a tad, how would he be able to guard the other SF's in the league who are much quicker than him and have superior perimeter games? Playing on the perimeter as a SF requires a decent perimeter game with Lamar Odom has never had in his career.

lamar will be fine, if they test him to shoot he will and hell make them, lamar isnt slow either, and even if he gets beat offf the dribble where is the guy gonna go into pau and bynum? with lamar on his back?

#25 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted July 24, 2008 - 12:00 PM

It's different when you have two 7 footers.
Spacing problems
He'll be forced to take perimeter shots.

But to each his owN..
we'll see

#26 Rinnegato

Rinnegato

Rookie

• 150 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, and Chick

Posted July 24, 2008 - 12:01 PM

I mean don't get me wrong, its a great situation for the Lakers to be in (whether we keep LO or trade him and get Ron) - Either way we have a really nice team lol Other teams in the league are probably wishing they had this "dilemma" :)
"This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!" -Chick Hearn

#27 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,862 posts

Posted July 24, 2008 - 12:10 PM

lamar will be fine, if they test him to shoot he will and hell make them, lamar isnt slow either, and even if he gets beat offf the dribble where is the guy gonna go into pau and bynum? with lamar on his back?

How can you be sure he'll make them? Heck, the problem with Lamar is his inconsistent perimeter game! How can anyone put any faith behind that?

The only SF's I'm really worried about Lamar guarding are LeBron and Pierce. Mostly LeBron. I seriously doubt the lankiness of Pau Gasol will do anything to hinder LeBron James driving to the hole. Tank vs. Marshmallow...mismatch much?

But in any case, this is an ideal situation for the Lakers because whether or not they make a move, they're set for the next season.

#28 mikedeezy2k8

mikedeezy2k8

24/7

• 271 posts

Posted July 24, 2008 - 12:13 PM

i mean do you think lamar is gonna miss all his shots? all it takes is consistent practice on his J dont matter how old he is.

#29 Mr.81

Mr.81

Rookie

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted July 24, 2008 - 12:18 PM

you see, its not like lamar is gonna stay nailed to the three point line like sasha, lamar can play from anywhere on the court, artest gets his points off a lot of shots, and luol deng isnt a three point shooter either, lamar can hit the three ball, so id at lest wait a season, we have a large window of oppurtunity.

No, but the 3 gets quite a few looks from downtown and Lamar showed he wasn't consistant from there this year...I know Lamar has the goods to be a 3 but he isn't a true SF in my eyes; Deng is. Plus, Luol has a much improved shot from long range, he just doesn't get the chance to use it in the Bulls offense as they use him more in the post-up game.
Can an 18 year old go from Zero To One Million by the age of 21?
Click here to find out!

Get paid to search the internet!
CLICK HERE

#30 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,862 posts

Posted July 24, 2008 - 12:18 PM

I think he'll miss more than half his shots, but I don't see it as much of a problem with Bynum's return. I just want a guy that can really play the SF position and be a contributor on a consistent basis. Currently, Lamar Odom does not fit the bill.

#31 sega

sega

Rookie

• 242 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Tyronn Lue

Posted July 24, 2008 - 12:24 PM

he hit over 50% last year, what makes this year harder,

oh yea, apparently, he'll be hoisting up 3's cause he's playing SF.

#32 mikedeezy2k8

mikedeezy2k8

24/7

• 271 posts

Posted July 24, 2008 - 12:27 PM

he hit over 50% last year, what makes this year harder,

oh yea, apparently, he'll be hoisting up 3's cause he's playing SF.

thats what im saying, like hes just a one dimensional player and will jsut sit there shooting threes, he can take guys off the dribble and still get to the rim.

#33 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,862 posts

Posted July 24, 2008 - 12:35 PM

thats what im saying, like hes just a one dimensional player and will jsut sit there shooting threes, he can take guys off the dribble and still get to the rim.

Except he probably won't be able to take quicker SF's off the dribble like everyone thinks he can. Also, he probably won't shoot as high a percentage from the SF position because he won't be as close to the basket as he would have been in the PF position. The majority of his shots were made in the painted area, while he was erratic with his jumpshooting. Therefore, I assume that his shooting percentage will drop as a SF due to the position being mostly on the perimeter.

Everyone comments on his ability to take people off the dribble and beat them with his speed and size, but when does he ever really do that? He won't be able to use his speed against quicker SF's, and his size isn't very useful on the perimeter. LO at SF is not a positive for the Lakers. I don't think he'll be as productive as he was this season I'm looking at...

12 points, 9 rebound (due to being on the perimeter), and 4 assists per game. (My Guess)

#34 sega

sega

Rookie

• 242 posts

Posted July 24, 2008 - 12:41 PM

he will use his power then, and take advantage of Kobe/Pau/Bynum double teams

#35 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,862 posts

Posted July 24, 2008 - 12:56 PM

Good luck using power against LeBron....

Even if he uses power, as mentioned before, there are spacing problems with two 7-footers on the floor. Where is he going to get the room to drive to the basket? Power isn't much use in a SF's perimeter game. You need to be able to shoot the ball from the perimeter. LO can't shoot from the perimeter on a consistent basis. Simple as that.

#36 BringDFishBack

BringDFishBack

Rookie

• 140 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Jordan Farmar & Derek Fisher

Posted July 24, 2008 - 01:00 PM

It'd be dumb to trade Lamar. Why would you break up a team that got to the finals. Why would you screw up the chemistry AGAIN? Notice, for the first offseason since the breakup of the team they didn't make any major changes, and look where it got them. You can't continually screw with the chemistry of a team if you want to compete, especially with such a complex offense.

#37 mikedeezy2k8

mikedeezy2k8

24/7

• 271 posts

Posted July 24, 2008 - 01:01 PM

Even if he uses power, as mentioned before, there are spacing problems with two 7-footers on the floor. Where is he going to get the room to drive to the basket? Power isn't much use in a SF's perimeter game. You need to be able to shoot the ball from the perimeter. LO can't shoot from the perimeter on a consistent basis. Simple as that.

well im done arguing, you dont trade lamar until we see if this works

#38 BringDFishBack

BringDFishBack

Rookie

• 140 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Jordan Farmar & Derek Fisher

Posted July 24, 2008 - 01:04 PM

Why is it assumed Bynum will come back and be fine, and start? Who's to say he comes back slow and can't play 30-35 mins a game? Who's gonna play PF? Artest sure can't. Start Mihm? Lamar is perfect because he can play either the 3 or 4 effectively and work around how Bynum comes back. That being said, why is it assumed Bynum will start. Who's to say he won't come off the bench wih the bench mob and play the 5, while Odom starts at the 4? Then just rotate the 3 of them playing the 4 and 5, having 2 of them in the game at all times.

#39 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,862 posts

Posted July 24, 2008 - 01:16 PM

Whatever the Lakers do, I don't mind. If they keep him I don't care because he's a fourth option that might not be here the next season. If they trade him, they get a real SF. Either way, we're still winning the championship.

#40 sega

sega

Rookie

• 242 posts

Posted July 24, 2008 - 01:17 PM

Yea, cause we play LeBron every night, and LeBron surely wont be guarding Kobe.

Where is this law that says the SF has to stand around the perimiter and shoot. You can do whatever!

Maybe we have Pau or Bynum at the top sometimes and post Odom on the SF, mismatch right there

there so many strategies that can be used to utilize our players, stop being so one minded. PJ will figure it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users