#41 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,837 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 17, 2008 - 07:53 PM

a lot of cursing "!@*#)(*(@#*&*&!@#((@*)!*()*#_()($*@(*!)*#@" and no sports channels for a day or 2
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#42 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Radmanovic's long hair days.
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted November 18, 2008 - 08:20 AM

You just have to figure out how you can overcome the obstacle you're facing. I know that Kobe is a guy who does not give up, and does not accept defeat.

Here's how I view this:

After the Shaq-Kobe explosion of '04 which resulted in 3 seasons of horrible basketball and ridiculous garbage, I knew the whole time and had faith that Kobe would impose his will to the point that eventually something would get done to improve the situation. When Phil came back I knew that between he and Kobe, those two would eventually get their way, because they analyze every situation that could happen, and they figure out ways to defeat the obstacles.

When we lost the Finals this year, the first thing Kobe said was what the Lakers needed to improve on, but he could've easily said, "F it all this sucks we're screwed, the leprachauns are just too damn good." After each loss, I know that this current Laker squad is going to get right back up and fight for the W the next game. This season is a statement season, and they're going to get the best record in the entire league.

There is just no "off" switch to this team, they either do or they go down swinging.

We saw a bit of that against the Pistons. Even when it looked over, we kept fighting. I agree with you 100%.
Posted Image

#43 gcclaker

gcclaker

I Bleed Purple And Gold!

• 750 posts
  • Fan Since:The Glory Days of Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Michael Cooper DPOY 1987

Posted November 18, 2008 - 11:23 AM

After a loss, I don't read the write-up about it be it the papers or on the net. If I record the game on DVR...I will not watch it. I move on pretty quick. I've been doing it for over two decades...
Five guys on the court working together can achieve more than five talented individuals who come and go as individuals.
-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

#44 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 18, 2008 - 11:57 AM

i drink an extra pitcher and i snap an extra bowl...then i pick on my gf

and then......

i avoid looking at anything NBA related...i didnt even set my fantasy lineup for saturday because i didnt wanna be reminded of it
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#45 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted November 18, 2008 - 03:34 PM

when the lakers lose, i go to my rum stash. I drink it away.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#46 GinzyVee

GinzyVee

Clutch

• 1,969 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 18, 2008 - 03:41 PM

This kind of thing is something that affects our brains.....when you look at your team and they are for say, 32-31 and they lose and now they are 32-32 and out of the playoff picture then your brain reacts because you are mad that they lost and are currently out of the picture. Now, when you look at your team and they are 22-0, you think to yourself that a loss won't matter because were 22 games above, but when you do lose your brain triggers these reaction that makes you mad just because your team is 22-1 instead of undefeated, no matter what your going to have these kind of moments, you just have to take them as they are.

#47 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 18, 2008 - 03:45 PM

Oh, yeah, I stay away from Laker forums as far as possible (until they win again)... way too much "the sky is falling" around here...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#48 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted November 18, 2008 - 06:30 PM

Glad to see some or majority of you all sharing what I did before...thought I was alone though...:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users