#41 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted November 15, 2008 - 11:20 PM

Shaq is bipolar

1 week after the NBA finals are over he raps "You can't do it without me" And now he's singing Kobe praise

Whatever comes out of shaq's big fat mouth is not concrete

If he does come back, it'll be for cheap, so if he acts out, we could always pull a Starbury and the consequences would be insignificant.

Frankly, if Shaquille, the greatest center of this decade, wanted to come back for cheap to be a back up, then only an idiot wouldn't take it. I'm at the frontlines bashing Shaq whenever he does something stupid, but there is no way I would turn a deal like this down.

I don't give a crap what Shaq may say AFTER we win it all. I care about Lakers winning championships, not Kobe.

Edited by daco_inc, November 15, 2008 - 11:21 PM.

#42 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 15, 2008 - 11:20 PM

u guys fail to realize he wants to go to the Clippers.

j/k ;)
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#43 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted November 15, 2008 - 11:25 PM

the article says

He does not rule out a return to the Lakers as a free agent in the summer of 2010 on a one-year deal to backup Andrew Bynum. (On the other hand, he says he doesn't want to go somewhere as a backup, but it's hard to imagine him at starter's minutes for a contender in two seasons.

Nothing is concrete in what he said. He doesn't wanna play backup but he wants to play backup for the Lakers?

Also he just blamed Phil for the breakup...so why would Phil want him on this team?

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#44 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted November 15, 2008 - 11:30 PM

just read the article..why would we want this guy back at all? dude is a drama starter we don't need a L.A. Soap Opera again. no thanks shaq go elsewhere.
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#45 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted November 15, 2008 - 11:35 PM

the article says

Nothing is concrete in what he said. He doesn't wanna play backup but he wants to play backup for the Lakers?

Also he just blamed Phil for the breakup...so why would Phil want him on this team?

He doesn't want to play backup. Of course he doesn't. He wants to start. Everyone wants to start. But if he can't get a starting job, or more specifically a starting job on a contending team, then playing backup is his only choice and he's leaving his options open for L.A.

And he didn't blame Phil for the break-up. He "blamed" him for their successes. He basically said Phil's mind games pushed them to elevate their game higher and higher. Shaq was impressed at how Phil orchestrated that.

#46 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted November 15, 2008 - 11:51 PM

See just like that whatever comes out of his big mouth can be taken out of context easily...it could mean two things we just don't know.

this group is exciting to watch, they're quiet and they go about their business, we don't need guys who bring unwanted baggage to this team

And besides can he really help us on the court? can he stay healthy? can he fit with out lightning quick speed of our bench ? could he end up being a liability as opposing coaches use their end of hte bench players for hack a shaq and disrupting our rhythm?

Edited by MDI, November 15, 2008 - 11:52 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#47 Aztek Lakerfan

Aztek Lakerfan

Aztek Lakerfan

• 466 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted November 15, 2008 - 11:52 PM

It's not going to happen.

#48 GotKobe?

GotKobe?

Rookie

• 35 posts
  • Fav. Laker:MAGIC,KAREEM,WORTHY,KOBE,DFISH

Posted November 16, 2008 - 12:01 AM

It's not going to happen.

I agree it's not going to happen and I don't care for it to happen. Why? He bad mouthed Mitch, Dr. Buss, & oh, yeah "KOBE, how my a$$ taste?" You just don't burn your bridges and expect to come back.

I'm sure the Lakers organization will retire Shaq # and that I feel he deserves.

#49 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted November 16, 2008 - 12:17 AM

See just like that whatever comes out of his big mouth can be taken out of context easily...it could mean two things we just don't know.

this group is exciting to watch, they're quiet and they go about their business, we don't need guys who bring unwanted baggage to this team

And besides can he really help us on the court? can he stay healthy? can he fit with out lightning quick speed of our bench ? could he end up being a liability as opposing coaches use their end of hte bench players for hack a shaq and disrupting our rhythm?

This group is. But "this group 2008-09" won't be the same as "this group 2010-11". We're not going to sign him tomorrow.

Now you're just grasping for excuses. He's a backup to Bynum. We'll also still have Gasol. We'll have alternatives if a hack-a-Shaq situation comes up (and hack-a-shaq only happens at crucial moments, moments a back-up won't be playing in in the first place). Health may be an issue, but there are two sides to this deal. I doubt our front office will sign him if he's a major injury risk. We're not going to sign him just because he wants to come. You can be sure our front office will evaluate him. So if he does get signed, I think it's safe to assume his health was taken under consideration. As for keeping up, he's managing just fine in Phoenix, so he'll manage just fine here. Plus, Farmar and Ariza, if still here, would possibly be starting by this time. We don't know who will make up our starters or bench, but a 14 time all-star and best center of the decade sure sounds like a good acquisition for a backup.

And as others have said already, it probably WON'T happen. I'm just saying, if the opportunity arises, then the choice is obvious.

Edited by daco_inc, November 16, 2008 - 12:20 AM.

#50 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted November 16, 2008 - 12:19 AM

I agree it's not going to happen and I don't care for it to happen. Why? He bad mouthed Mitch, Dr. Buss, & oh, yeah "KOBE, how my a$$ taste?" You just don't burn your bridges and expect to come back.

I'm sure the Lakers organization will retire Shaq # and that I feel he deserves.

And kobe didn't bad mouth Mitch, Buss, and oh yea, our possible future face of this franchise Bynum?

#51 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted November 16, 2008 - 12:23 AM

And kobe didn't bad mouth Mitch, Buss, and oh yea, our possible future face of this franchise Bynum?

at least he had a legit reason.

But anyways, back to topic

Shaq here at 39 years old? No thank you...

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#52 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted November 16, 2008 - 12:27 AM

at least he had a legit reason.

But anyways, back to topic

Shaq here at 39 years old? No thank you...

You're acting like if Shaq decides to come here, that he'll automatically be on the team. Like I said, this is a 2-sided deal. If the Lakers choose to sign him, then it's a legit assumption that they think he will help this team. If they sign him just for the sake of signing him, then I'll be here staunchly opposing it.

Edited by daco_inc, November 16, 2008 - 12:28 AM.

#53 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted November 16, 2008 - 12:32 AM

But the point is

whether its today, tomorrow, 2009, 2010, 2011...i dunno how, if , when but somehow if shaq gets here he will not help this team and thats the bottom line (Had to borrow Stone Cold's line there lmao)

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#54 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted November 16, 2008 - 12:40 AM

But the point is

whether its today, tomorrow, 2009, 2010, 2011...i dunno how, if , when but somehow if shaq gets here he will not help this team and thats the bottom line (Had to borrow Stone Cold's line there lmao)

No that isn't the bottom line. Because we will not sign him if he will not help this team. One of the conditions that we sign him is if he'll help. That's how all free-agent signings are. You don't sign them for the heck of it. You sign them because you think they will help.

Okay this is going to be my last post in this thread. If you want to disagree with it, then I really don't care.

If the opportunity arises that Shaq will want to play here for cheap as a back-up for Bynum, and our front office and medical staff deem him capable of playing and helping this team (all of which was implied since there is no point in signing someone who isn't going to help), then I say go for it. And that's the bottom line.

And for the record, you've already changed your argument "why you don't want Shaq here" several times, which has me thinking you are arguing because of your hatred/dislike for Shaq. I'm arguing for the best interest of this team.

Edited by daco_inc, November 16, 2008 - 12:44 AM.

#55 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted November 16, 2008 - 01:01 AM

That's such an old school name. I need to change back to it one day. B)

That nick stuck with me...so....:P

#56 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted November 16, 2008 - 09:44 AM

Kobe did that out of frustration from being lied to (in his words) and as a result of it, being stuck in LA for possibly the rest of his career with no realistic chance of winning championships. The only time you heard Shaq's mouth was when he felt threatened by Kobe's play and admiration from people around the league.

And of course, when he wanted to get paid.
Basketball Reasons...

#57 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted November 16, 2008 - 10:19 AM

Kobe did that out of frustration from being lied to (in his words) and as a result of it, being stuck in LA for possibly the rest of his career with no realistic chance of winning championships. The only time you heard Shaq's mouth was when he felt threatened by Kobe's play and admiration from people around the league.

And of course, when he wanted to get paid.

The reason behind it is moot. Both of them did it because they felt they weren't getting their way. It was unprofessional, uncalled for, and it caused a lot of unnecessary trouble for the organization. Even Kobe himself admitted it was wrong for him to go about it the way he did.

#58 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted November 16, 2008 - 10:33 AM

this blog written by someone pretty much nails it on the head.

http://thestartingfi...ryant-paid-off/

It took a few bad years for Kobe to make this all come together, but last summer he did it. Everyone wants you to believe it was Mitch Kupchak’s hijacking Pau Gasol, but trust me Kobe engineered this turnaround long before that.

He got the ball rolling a little over a year ago when he told anyone who would listen (Dan Patrick, Stephen A. Smith, random dudes with a camera phone in the parking lot) that the team wasn’t good enough and he wanted to be traded and so forth and so on. He thought it was a joke that Andrew Bynum was considered untradeable. At the time I agreed with him because hell, he was right.

Shortly after he questioned the organization’s motives and will to win and etc. things started to get better, but none of us (including Kobe) would know it until October. Players like Andrew Bynum, Sasha Vujacic, and Jordan Farmar stepped up tremendously! Their improvement is a direct result of Kobe’s criticisms.

Think about it, if the best player on the planet who also happens to be your teammate doesn’t think you’re good enough to play with him, you have to prove him wrong! I mean, you already had a feeling that he was suspicious of you, but then he took it to the next level and told the whole world how much he thinks you suck! You gotta step up! If that means staying in the gym an extra hour or taking a few hundred extra jump shots/sky hooks then so be it! You’ve got to show him that if he gives you the opportunity this time you’ll come through. You’ve got to try to make him look like a damn fool for saying the team couldn’t win with you.

How the Shrewdness of Kobe Bryant Paid Off

They (Bynum before he got hurt, Vujacic, Farmar) got better, but not without a little added motivation from one Mr. Bryant. They probably won’t admit it, but I’d bet anything they had Kobe on their minds when they were working out. They probably saw his face with every damn repetition in the weight room. If they didn’t take what he said to heart then they wouldn’t be real competitors.

Most of us love to prove doubters wrong. It’s just human nature. But, if you’ve never been in the position to want to say nanny nanny boo boo to someone then I envy you because you’re obviously a tremendous person who has never fallen short of someone’s expectations and have never had any doubters.

You are the bomb, and quite possibly the only one of your kind.

Either way, everyone was waiting on Kobe to finally make his teammates better and he did it with a few interviews and an impromptu parking lot tirade.

On the surface it kinda looks like he was being a prick, but I understand why he did it. He didn’t want to waste his prime years in a no win situation like (cough) KG. Obviously those closed door heart to hearts he was having with the organization were getting him nowhere so he had to go public. He had to put some pressure on the team as a whole from top to bottom and it worked out for him. They knew they had to make moves to keep him happy, especially after Bynum got hurt.

Had Kobe not made it known that he wanted to win now we’d still be waiting on those young guys to mature as players. Like the shrewd businessman he is, Kobe hurried their development and now all is well.

It certainly didn’t hurt that Derek Fisher and Pau Gasol basically fell into their laps, but that’s neither here nor there.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#59 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted November 16, 2008 - 10:50 AM

^
That's the point of view of a Kobe fan. Kobe fans try to find every excuse to make Kobe the hero, giving no credit to those guys who worked their butt off. Bynum didn't even hear about Kobe's parking lot tirade until much later. Why? Because he was in ATL with his personal trainer working his [expletive] off every day to get stronger and improve his game. And he said he couldn't wait to show his teammates how he improved in leaps and bounds. Vujacic worked his butt off on his defensive game. He realized being a 3 pt chucker isn't help him succeed in this league. Even Kobe said he's always been a gym rat, always working on improving his game. He said he's played so well because Phil was finally trusting him and giving him playing time. And Farmar, Kobe says he has the same hard-headed personality. You know he's always going to be working hard. He was even able to the steal the starting job BEFORE Kobe's complaints which is just unheard of on a PJax coached team. I give ALL the credit to those guys for improving their game. They are professionals doing their job. And this has nothing to do with the original topic anyway, so why post it here?

#60 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted November 16, 2008 - 10:54 AM

The guys who improved deserve a ton of credit...I didn't think they'd improve as much as they did last year. But you can't deny that Kobe's strong words had something to do with it as well

farmar steal the starting job? it was basically handed to him because Smush pretty much shut down on us :lol:

Edited by MDI, November 16, 2008 - 10:55 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users