• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted November 14, 2008 - 05:38 AM

Kwame and Pau walk onto the court:

Pau: Thanks Kwame for sending me to L.A!
Kwame: Lucky bastard.
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#22 GotKobe?

GotKobe?

Rookie

• 35 posts
  • Fav. Laker:MAGIC,KAREEM,WORTHY,KOBE,DFISH

Posted November 14, 2008 - 06:37 AM

Dude, if I was there i'd cheer him for getting us Pau lol

I have to agree with Rinnegato. Kwame was a good trade to get Pau. There's no way you could even compare Pau to Kwame.

I will definitely tivo tonights game against Detroit. I want to see the fans reaction to Kwame.

"What can Brown do for you?" He delivered us Pau! :lol:

#23 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 14, 2008 - 07:45 AM

I'd like to believe that our fans would treat Kwame with some shred of dignity upon his return, but they proved in that game against the Suns that we have no class. I expect him to be booed and that makes me sad and angry.

Bad karma and completely disgraceful.

#24 Rick

Rick

Rookie

• 82 posts

Posted November 14, 2008 - 08:20 AM

Let's cheer him!

Last night I was watching him play and with the greatest of ease he moved one of GS's big men about 5' out of the post. He's way stronger than Bynum, way way stronger. I hope Bynum can eventually get close to that level of strength.

#25 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted November 14, 2008 - 08:47 AM

I'd like to believe that our fans would treat Kwame with some shred of dignity upon his return, but they proved in that game against the Suns that we have no class. I expect him to be booed and that makes me sad and angry.

:lol:

When you suck, the fans boo you.

Same way when you suck at a job, your boss tells you off.

Same way when you suck at homework, your teachers tell you off.

#26 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted November 14, 2008 - 09:28 AM

When you suck, the fans boo you.

Same way when you suck at a job, your boss tells you off.

Same way when you suck at homework, your teachers tell you off.

I am so glad that I've never worked the jobs you've worked or gone to the schools you've gone to. I'd have wound up an insensitive prick, too.

#27 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted November 14, 2008 - 09:35 AM

I am so glad that I've never worked the jobs you've worked or gone to the schools you've gone to. I'd have wound up an insensitive prick, too.

So if you slack off, never do the work you are asked of, your boss just sits there and does nothing?

Kwame was a lazy [expletive] 97% of his time in LA.

#28 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted November 14, 2008 - 09:46 AM

So if you slack off, never do the work you are asked of, your boss just sits there and does nothing?

Kwame was a lazy [expletive] 97% of his time in LA.

The fact that you think the two situations are even remotely comparable makes me REALLY glad I didn't go to your school.

#29 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted November 14, 2008 - 10:37 AM

The fact that you think the two situations are even remotely comparable makes me REALLY glad I didn't go to your school.

The situations ARE comparable.

When someone is a lazy [expletive], then they aren't doing what they are paid MILLIONS to do. If Kwame was fighting hard, then that's different, but he wasn't fighting hard, he was being a lazy [expletive]. Are you saying it's wrong for fans to get upset at someone when they aren't trying hard enough? By the way, I can't remember being shouted at too many times in school, it was an example. I guess you have a problem comprehending that, huh?

#30 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb

Posted November 14, 2008 - 10:48 AM

I agree. That was wrong. I was in that crowd and turning to people asking what the hell are they thinking. People took it out on Kwame that Bynum got injured. They knew what he was and wasn't capable of. That was wrong.

Tonight when they introduce him, I expect him to get more cheers than not. Once the game goes on, booing him is FAIR game. But the initial intro he should get cheers.

That's my take. Kwame is NOT a Laker anymore, during the game, boo the hell out of him.

#31 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted November 14, 2008 - 10:49 AM

I agree. That was wrong. I was in that crowd and turning to people asking what the hell are they thinking. People took it out on Kwame that Bynum got injured. They knew what he was and wasn't capable of. That was wrong.

Tonight when they introduce him, I expect him to get more cheers than not. Once the game goes on, booing him is FAIR game. But the initial intro he should get cheers.

That's my take. Kwame is NOT a Laker anymore, during the game, boo the hell out of him.

I'd like to make this clear, I personally wouldn't boo Kwame , but I can see why people would.

#32 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb

Posted November 14, 2008 - 11:07 AM

I'd like to make this clear, I personally wouldn't boo Kwame , but I can see why people would.

During the game is 100% ok, now. Now that he is NOT a Laker.

During the Suns game it was garbage. During intro's it TONIGHT it would be wrong. Tipoff, boo him to hell.

#33 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted November 14, 2008 - 11:08 AM

During the game is 100% ok, now. Now that he is NOT a Laker.

During the Suns game it was garbage. During intro's it TONIGHT it would be wrong. Tipoff, boo him to hell.

Well I guess we agree on the subject then.

:rock:

#34 328iGuy

328iGuy

Warrior Glare

• 304 posts
  • Fan Since:SHOWTIME

Posted November 14, 2008 - 12:33 PM

Posted Image

That ball already looks like it's slipping from his hand. :rock:
"You have to understand, I love L.A., I love being our ambassador, I love bringing people together," he said. "It's funny, but I guess it still feels like I'm playing point guard, but in a different way, doing stuff more meaningful than winning."

-Magic Johnson

#35 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted November 14, 2008 - 02:22 PM

^^ probably is
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#36 Rinnegato

Rinnegato

Rookie

• 150 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, and Chick

Posted November 14, 2008 - 03:12 PM

I remember feeling pretty bad for him when he was getting the boos... I would never boo a Laker, kinda sucked for that to happen last season, not sure what kind of fans were there. But LD2k is right, its fair game to boo him now that Kwame's no longer a Laker!
"This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!" -Chick Hearn

#37 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted November 14, 2008 - 03:16 PM

That ball already looks like it's slipping from his hand. :clap:

Got to say man, compare his hands to the other guys. Kwame has some SMALL baby hands.

#38 magicmoment

magicmoment

ArtestMediaGroup Graphic Designer

• 3,489 posts
  • Name:Angelica "Gel Gel"
  • Fan Since:circa 1999ish
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Vujacic, Gasol, Artest

Posted November 14, 2008 - 04:10 PM

Today they were talking about this on the Loose Cannons... I guess the lakers do a tribute video for Ex lakers on their first visit back to LA and they were joking about what the hell are they gonna put in the Kwame video... LOL it was funny :clap:

yea, they do. i went to the first game devean george had as a maverick vs. the lakers. they tried to put together a good video.. haha. that Kwame one. hah. maybe they'll just put a bunch of his dunks [which he rarely did] or something.

#39 Rinnegato

Rinnegato

Rookie

• 150 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, and Chick

Posted November 14, 2008 - 04:21 PM

yea, they do. i went to the first game devean george had as a maverick vs. the lakers. they tried to put together a good video.. haha. that Kwame one. hah. maybe they'll just put a bunch of his dunks [which he rarely did] or something.

Ahh, thats right, I remember going to the first game Horry came back as a Spur. The video they showed was really good, it hyped everyone up, the last clip they showed was "The Shot" and the whole place was on their feet cheering for Big Shot Bob..
"This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!" -Chick Hearn

#40 magicmoment

magicmoment

ArtestMediaGroup Graphic Designer

• 3,489 posts
  • Name:Angelica "Gel Gel"
  • Fan Since:circa 1999ish
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Vujacic, Gasol, Artest

Posted November 14, 2008 - 04:38 PM

Ahh, thats right, I remember going to the first game Horry came back as a Spur. The video they showed was really good, it hyped everyone up, the last clip they showed was "The Shot" and the whole place was on their feet cheering for Big Shot Bob..

well, thats different coz Horry had some good contributions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users