4 replies to this topic

#1 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted November 13, 2008 - 01:13 AM

NEW ORLEANS -- It was the perfect metaphor for the Lakers' perfect start: a dagger 3-pointer by Kobe Bryant, with James Posey right in his grill, that staved off a New Orleans comeback and gave the Lakers a 93-86 win over the Hornets.

However, this win was impressive for much more than just a few displays of machismo. Most notably, the Lakers' defense suffocated the Hornets for three quarters, holding them to just 30 points in the first half.

That's impressive in any environment, but to do so on tired legs in a back-to-back, in a hostile venue, against a contender that had four days of rest and had circled the date on the calendar when the schedule came out ... folks, that was simply awesome. Especially since, as Phil Jackson pointed out before the game, early-season back-to-backs tend to be more difficult since not everyone has their sea legs yet.

L.A.'s defense is the main reason it's the unquestioned top dog in the NBA hierarchy at the moment, and Wednesday's first three quarters showed the biggest difference from a year ago: Bynum. It's not just that he's back -- it's that he's in shape, active and engaged. He was, in my estimation, far better defensively than he'd been before the injury last season.

link to espn's daily dime

Well here's one doubter who has seemingly seen the light. Who's next?

Edited by daco_inc, November 13, 2008 - 01:14 AM.

#2 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,837 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 13, 2008 - 01:18 AM

whatever, he's just a bandwaggoner who's hated the lakers and kobe for a longtime now, then all of a sudden we're the greatest thing since sliced bread .... pffffffffffft
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#3 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted November 13, 2008 - 01:31 AM

Well I don't think he hated the lakers. I guess a good way to describe him is that he's like a hardcore, right-wing christian, and PER and stats in general are his god. Until this year, those numbers haven't really been Laker-friendly. Add to that the tons of lakers fans who message him complaining about his set ways. But now we're top dogs statistically, thus he is all over the bandwagon.

I still don't like the guy though.

Edited by daco_inc, November 13, 2008 - 01:32 AM.

#4 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted November 13, 2008 - 10:30 AM

Yeah I was surprised at his sudden change in behaviour....bahz whatever. We have our own problems to solve...heck the fantastic start...we just have to maintain, game to game.

#5 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted November 13, 2008 - 01:18 PM

whatever, he's just a bandwaggoner who's hated the lakers and kobe for a longtime now, then all of a sudden we're the greatest thing since sliced bread .... pffffffffffft

Mad at him when he's against us, mad at him when he's with us lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users