Photo

Worst Kobe game I've watched in a while...

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 16, 2008 - 08:12 PM

The wosrt Kobe game was when he scored 81 points and attempted 62 shots, according to what you are saying

Wrong. 81 points on 46 shot attempts.

I'm not referring to the amount. It's the quality and timing.

Kobe's still in hero mode. We need "decoy" Kobe and "PG" Kobe instead.

He didn't want to have to do too much...now he has a team where he DOESN'T have to do too much. Let's use those weapons...

#62 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,965 posts

Posted November 16, 2008 - 08:16 PM

Kobe is entitled to have a bad game every now and then. He's only human. Kobe just spoils us almost every

night it's almost expected that he has a superhuman performance all the time :)

Kobe can only have a bad game if the ball is made of Kryptonite, so no he can't have a bad game

#63 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,965 posts

Posted November 16, 2008 - 08:17 PM

Wrong. 81 points on 46 shot attempts.

I'm not referring to the amount. It's the quality and timing.

Kobe's still in hero mode. We need "decoy" Kobe and "PG" Kobe instead.

He didn't want to have to do too much...now he has a team where he DOESN'T have to do too much. Let's use those weapons...

I agree with you just about everytime, just seeing what info I'll get if I put it up there

#64 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted November 17, 2008 - 05:52 PM

Kobe doent have to change, everyone else has to change. kobe is THE MAN and the team revolves around him. he's the most explosive offensive guard in history, and the best of his generation. he has greatly reduced his FGA in efforts to get his teamates involved. Appreciate it, dont hate it. there are too many instances where Kobe doesnt even touch the ball during a series and a volume shooter like him, needs touches and shots to be most effective. bynum needs to be a decoy, fisher and vlad rad need to be a decoy. Kobe is the same player now as when shaq was here, he's a human though and he hasnt put his full energy out there. wait till mid-season, I bet he will be in midseason form. And also kobe goes to 4 to 5 game slumps, where his shooting % drops, but he is still doing things, plus we only LOST 1 game at this point, and defense is the biggest reason we lost, and the BIG MAN battle, and D-fish was OFF as well.
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#65 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts

Posted November 17, 2008 - 05:56 PM

Kobe doent have to change, everyone else has to change. kobe is THE MAN and the team revolves around him. he's the most explosive offensive guard in history, and the best of his generation. he has greatly reduced his FGA in efforts to get his teamates involved. Appreciate it, dont hate it. there are too many instances where Kobe doesnt even touch the ball during a series and a volume shooter like him, needs touches and shots to be most effective. bynum needs to be a decoy, fisher and vlad rad need to be a decoy. Kobe is the same player now as when shaq was here, he's a human though and he hasnt put his full energy out there. wait till mid-season, I bet he will be in midseason form. And also kobe goes to 4 to 5 game slumps, where his shooting % drops, but he is still doing things, plus we only LOST 1 game at this point, and defense is the biggest reason we lost, and the BIG MAN battle, and D-fish was OFF as well.

No need to deify and humanify Kobe in the same (run-on) paragraph. That wasn't the point.

And if Kobe is the same, that's the problem. He's got a much better team that would be even better ifhe changes his approach.

That's the point.

#66 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted November 17, 2008 - 06:02 PM

my point is that maybe he cant change his approach, so do we trade him for a better facilatator. Yes or no? b-cuz i know we can get nash or miller + other players for Kobe right now, is that what the front office should do?
I hate when people critique the BEST player and Best coach in the world, no player is perfect
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#67 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts

Posted November 17, 2008 - 06:17 PM

my point is that maybe he cant change his approach, so do we trade him for a better facilatator. Yes or no? b-cuz i know we can get nash or miller + other players for Kobe right now, is that what the front office should do?
I hate when people critique the BEST player and Best coach in the world, no player is perfect

That's not even close to being true. Kobe has an extremely high basketball IQ. And he can facilitate better than anyone on this team not named Pau (and that's debatable).

He can adjust.

I'm not saying that he has to stop looking to score. Just pick his spots better and take what the defense gives him instead trying to create something out of nothing...

#68 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted November 18, 2008 - 01:21 AM

I hate stuff like this.

He's not perfect, and that's why he's open to being criticized. He is NOT a God. He is disputably the best player in the league and the world. So he should be able to facilitate better than he has recently or be able to adapt... that's what the BEST damn player would do.

Stop making him seem untouchable while selling him short.

#69 Beef

Beef

Rookie

• 392 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Bynum

Posted November 18, 2008 - 10:59 AM

I think Kobe had sex before the game ^_^

#70 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted November 18, 2008 - 06:22 PM

I think Kobe had sex before the game ^_^

......Not a very intelligent assumption.

#71 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted November 19, 2008 - 04:57 AM

......Not a very intelligent assumption.

Vanessa don't give him any? :(

#72 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted November 19, 2008 - 06:17 AM

Vanessa don't give him any? :(

/facepalm

#73 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted November 19, 2008 - 08:02 AM

Kobe HAS to change to make his team better, and he DID last year. And he HAS this year as well, taking under 20 shot attempts.

Kobe works best when he shoots a little less. He's definitely not the same player. He's a SUPERIOR player than when Shaq was here. He's become much more self-less, and willing to allow his teammates to win.

I'm sorry if you miss 81 points, because I DON'T. We were losing when Kobe was averaging all those points. He's best at around 28 ppg, while getting his teammates involved.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users