4 replies to this topic

#1 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted November 12, 2008 - 02:06 PM

NEW ORLEANS -- The Power Rankings are finally here, and they're saying we've got one heck of a game to look forward to in The Big Easy tonight.

That the Lakers debut at No. 1 will surprise nobody after they stayed unbeaten with a 106-99 win in Dallas last evening. That the other unbeaten, Atlanta, stands at No. 2 is similarly not a brow-raiser. However, at No. 3, just after the two unbeatens, stand the Hornets. One of their two defeats was against the mighty Hawks (said without a trace of irony for the first time in eons), while three of their four wins have come against top-10 ranked teams (Miami, Phoenix and Cleveland).

While the Lakers are head, shoulders and half a torso above everyone else right now, outpacing No. 2 Atlanta by nearly nine points, New Orleans is by far the toughest competition they've faced. The Power Rankings aren't too high on Houston yet, ranking the Rockets just 14th, and the Lakers' other victims all reside below 14th on the chart.

I'm just back from the Hornets' morning shootaround (L.A. flew in from Dallas late last night and didn't bother), and one of the main topics was how much better the Lakers have been at the defensive end. L.A. ranks first in defensive efficiency, and if that keeps up we can pretty much start planning the victory parade right now and dispense with the charade of playing seven more months to determine a champion.

rest of article

Must've pained Hollinger to type that since he usually plays the devil's advocate to any of our previous success.

#2 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted November 12, 2008 - 05:12 PM

Since the Rockets were supposed to be our first big test but weren't, this will prove where we stand so far. We just beat a bunch of crappy teams down to death. Lets have a convincing win tonight!

#3 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,837 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 12, 2008 - 07:52 PM

Wow, a hollinger article that actually states the Lakers are good
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#4 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 13, 2008 - 04:13 PM

I bet he's dying inside while doing that article...

What? No Utah homerism?
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#5 Vibe

Vibe

On top of the world

• 149 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 13, 2008 - 08:43 PM

Wow, a hollinger article that actually states the Lakers are good

:rock: I know i couldnt believe it either.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users