24 replies to this topic

#21 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted November 12, 2008 - 08:48 AM

Because that was one of the unsaid conditions of the MVP, and it was best exemplified in the years of Dirk and Nash. Best player on one of the best teams. Now these folks realize that. Laughing at them in a condescending manner is uncalled for, especially if you have no idea if these are the same people who were "whining and moaning" years ago.

Of COURSE that is the unsaid conditions of MVP. Laker fans COMPLAINED about this unsaid condition when Kobe was passed up while I defended this stipulation.

I still stand by that MVP = best player on a top 3 team. Kobe is my MVP 6-7 games into the season. I'm not a hypocrite. If the Lakers have the best record and Kobe ends up averaging 20/5/5, he's still the MVP regardless of what LeBron average if LeBron's team is nowhere near top 5.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#22 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 12, 2008 - 11:58 AM

So many guys are more important to their team than Paul Pierce.

If "The Paulchair" gets consideration - where's...

Brandon Roy?
Mike Bibby?
Dwight Howard?

#23 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted November 12, 2008 - 12:57 PM

Of COURSE that is the unsaid conditions of MVP. Laker fans COMPLAINED about this unsaid condition when Kobe was passed up while I defended this stipulation.

I still stand by that MVP = best player on a top 3 team. Kobe is my MVP 6-7 games into the season. I'm not a hypocrite. If the Lakers have the best record and Kobe ends up averaging 20/5/5, he's still the MVP regardless of what LeBron average if LeBron's team is nowhere near top 5.

And for all you know, these folks may have also defended that stipulation. You think you were the only one who supported it? Like I said, no need to laugh at them if you don't even know.

Edited by daco_inc, November 12, 2008 - 01:00 PM.

#24 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted November 12, 2008 - 05:08 PM

let him have it

we'll take the finals trophy and the finals mvp trophy

Well, Kobe can have all of the above.

And for all you know, these folks may have also defended that stipulation. You think you were the only one who supported it? Like I said, no need to laugh at them if you don't even know.

Correct, but IN GENERAL, Lakers fans have been doing this. I'm a Lakers Fan and did not have that way of thinking, but again, in general, most of us Lakers fans were giving these different arguments.

#25 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 12, 2008 - 08:01 PM

exactly dude, i for one was actually a supporter of kobe getting the MVP those years but i have not complained about anything, i actually think imo that kobe shouldnt win the mvp due to those considerations but hey, if he ends up averaging 24-5-5 like lakerfool said then i think he should deserve it because he has major wins + major stats, ... that was all during the CL days, most of those people arent even here except maybe a handful because this site has only been up for a few months
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users