#21 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted November 10, 2008 - 10:50 PM

So, one game where a player goes off in the 1st half but fails in the 2nd half makes us a bad perimeter defensive team?

He's not saying we are. At least he's giving us something to discuss rather than having a dead forum here.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#22 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted November 10, 2008 - 11:03 PM

I see your concern, and yes last season it was a problem with these nobodies getting career nights on us. But defensively, this team has evolved and improved drastically. We can now afford for these scrub players to have career nights, and still get the win. Not only get the win, but we can blow them out. We make up for these scrubs having "career nights" by defending and limiting their stars with team defense (which was our biggest weakness last season), and with our plethora of weapons on the offensive end. And more often than not, these scrubs won't even play well. Sometimes they might get lucky a play well for a quarter or two, but they usually never last.

#23 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted November 10, 2008 - 11:04 PM

Actually I thought our defense ain't done yet. Still have improvements to go through as the season goes, as well as dedication to defense by all players thru 82 games.

#24 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted November 10, 2008 - 11:10 PM

If the Lakers can continue this for 60 more years, we'll be good to go. :unsure:

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#25 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted November 11, 2008 - 01:53 AM

If the Lakers can continue this for 60 more years, we'll be good to go. <_<

........Go Lakers!!! *COUGH COUGH* /fake teeth dropped

#26 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 11, 2008 - 07:39 AM

Be a LAKERS FAN, not a critic.

The only thing worse than the thread starter complaining about something that isn't a problem YET is THIS mentality.

You can love your team and still be objective/realistic about your team's strengths and flaws.

I don't agree with Darth's complaints in this thread, but God bless him for not being a blind, homerific sheep.

#27 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,337 posts

Posted November 11, 2008 - 09:15 AM

I don't think the perimeter defense is a problem. The reason why is because we are holding teams to 84 ppg. Teams are getting jump shot happy, which is what we want. At the moment, teams are shooting 34% from 3 point land against the Lakers. Thats not bad perimeter defense.

WE MAKE TEAMS PLAY BAD PERIMETER DEFENSE. The Lakers are first in the league in 3 point shooting at 47%. Thats just sickening right there. Almost 50% from 3. Thats why this team is so dangeous. We could go inside or outside and be equally dangerous.

So as of right now, we dont have a big problem with Perimeter D. It may seem that way if someone like Brooks goes off on us but if teams are going to be taking jumpshots the entire game, so be it, it means that teams fear Bryant's Giants down in the post.

#28 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted November 11, 2008 - 09:17 AM

He's not saying we are. At least he's giving us something to discuss rather than having a dead forum here.

FINALLY!

Someone can see some reasoning :lol:.

Perimeter defense is a problem, whether you like it or not. I thought I'd make a thread out of it to give us some discussion, but it appears that some people here have a problem with that. :lol:
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#29 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted November 11, 2008 - 09:18 AM

I don't think the perimeter defense is a problem. The reason why is because we are holding teams to 84 ppg. Teams are getting jump shot happy, which is what we want. At the moment, teams are shooting 34% from 3 point land against the Lakers. Thats not bad perimeter defense.

WE MAKE TEAMS PLAY BAD PERIMETER DEFENSE. The Lakers are first in the league in 3 point shooting at 47%. Thats just sickening right there. Almost 50% from 3. Thats why this team is so dangeous. We could go inside or outside and be equally dangerous.

So as of right now, we dont have a big problem with Perimeter D. It may seem that way if someone like Brooks goes off on us but if teams are going to be taking jumpshots the entire game, so be it, it means that teams fear Bryant's Giants down in the post.

I'm just saying, we've played against scrub teams minus the Rockets. Let's see what we can do against a better team first.

#30 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,337 posts

Posted November 11, 2008 - 09:22 AM

I don't like the whole scrub title for certain teams.

Portland is shooting 41% from 3 this year.

Denver still one of the top offenses in the league at 102 ppg.

Houston is a West Elite.

Besides the Clippers, the Lakers have done a pretty good job with some very good offenses.

#31 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted November 11, 2008 - 09:27 AM

I don't like the whole scrub title for certain teams.

Portland is shooting 41% from 3 this year.

Denver still one of the top offenses in the league at 102 ppg.

Houston is a West Elite.

Besides the Clippers, the Lakers have done a pretty good job with some very good offenses.

We've played the Clippers TWICE and an off form Rockets team.

#32 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,337 posts

Posted November 11, 2008 - 09:29 AM

We've played the Clippers TWICE and an off form Rockets team.

I understand we've played the Clippers twice. And an off form Rockets team? Thats fine if you believe that. I'll believe that our defense had something to do with throwing the Rockets off.

#33 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted November 11, 2008 - 05:33 PM

Firstly I am far from a "blind, homerific, sheep", but this is far from a problem, when we shut down all the perimeter "stars" that we have faced...of course brooks had success, thats basically in the scheme... its like when the celtics took Kobe away in the finals, everyone else was forced to defeat them...and they could not...thats our new mentality on D and I love it. I know some of you dont like me but i know roundball, and our defense ain't a problem. try turnovers.
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#34 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted December 03, 2008 - 04:35 PM

I think this needs a bump.

#35 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 03, 2008 - 04:45 PM

Fisher.

#36 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted December 03, 2008 - 04:48 PM

Fisher.

DING DING DING!

Time to trade LO for a PG.

#37 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted December 03, 2008 - 05:42 PM

DING DING DING!

Time to trade LO for a PG.

Panic trades, FTL

#38 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted December 03, 2008 - 05:51 PM

Panic trades, FTL

Why the hell does everyone think that me and Real are going with panic trades? I've been saying our perimeter defense sucks and that we needed to trade LO for a PG since the Pau trade.

#39 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted December 03, 2008 - 06:04 PM

Why the hell does everyone think that me and Real are going with panic trades? I've been saying our perimeter defense sucks and that we needed to trade LO for a PG since the Pau trade.

Because we're 14-2, have the deepest team in the league, the sickest rotations and no need for another PG. Every team has flaws. This isn't a video game where you can build a team without weaknesses. Real life is much more complicated. We're elite enough to overcome our problems.

Quit crying. We're arguably the best team in the league and there are millions of fans who wish their team had our "problems." Jesus, our fans are [expletive]ing spoiled.

#40 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted December 03, 2008 - 06:09 PM

Because we're 14-2, have the deepest team in the league, the sickest rotations and no need for another PG. Every team has flaws. This isn't a video game where you can build a team without weaknesses. Real life is much more complicated. We're elite enough to overcome our problems.

Quit crying. We're arguably the best team in the league and there are millions of fans who wish their team had our "problems." Jesus, our fans are [expletive]ing spoiled.

Do you see my crying? No. Fact is, teams like Boston will eat us alive with no perimeter defense. Life isn't like a video game where you can compensate for low ratings with good skills ;). Defense matters, and Fisher nor Farmar can play defense.

Everytime we are winning, it's "THere's nothing wrong". When we are losing, people realize there is a problem at PG.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users