A therorectical question regarding the Cavs

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,493 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted August 26, 2014 - 09:58 AM

If the Cavs didn't get the lucky #1 Lottery pick and draft Andrew Wiggins, who is projected to be the NBAs next mega star would Lebron James had returned to Cleveland?

ESPN radio was hinting that the only reason Bron may have went back to his hometown was because he didnt want a NBA basketball star bigger than himself there.

Not only does this theory make sense when considering Lebrons enormous egocentric decisions he made in the past few years but the puzzle pieces of everyone & everything involved fit tight when examining the timeline and how things have gone down since.

What gives this theory traction is when you look at the face value facts we know. From the

lucky NBA Lottery ball to

draft day to

Lebrons tweet to

Lebrons public letter to

the trade rumors for Love and

Brons enthusiasm regarding the trade to

Wiggins vague and confusing post trade comments .

What cha think?

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#2 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Rookie

• 882 posts
  • Name:William
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 26, 2014 - 10:45 AM

Funny how 2-3 months before the draft, espn was all over wiggins as the new face of nba coming in to the league. Then all of a sudden he got drafted by the cavs and the hype was all over him until lebron decided to become self centered once again and decided to get all the credit again by coming home.. Clearly we cannot fault someone for wanting to play for his hometown team but if you base it on those statements above then it all makes sense why he chose to play for the cavs again. Self centered ego maniac dude..

Btw, espn just all of a sudden decided to stop talking about wiggins for some odd reason.. You rarely hear anything about him now. Oh espn.. You guys suck balls.

Edited by Lightsoutwilly, August 26, 2014 - 10:47 AM.

#3 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 501 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted August 26, 2014 - 10:51 AM

In that case wouldn't a 21 year old stud who just won the MVP of the all star game be more of a threat than a kid that's yet to prove anything?

#4 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,821 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted August 26, 2014 - 10:58 AM

Theoretically, if Chris Paul had come to the Lakers, LeBron might not have even won a championship yet. Who knows where he'd go if he hadn't won anything yet.

#5 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,242 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted August 26, 2014 - 11:20 AM

I think he stlll would have come. I honestly don't think winning a championship is Lebron's #1 priority. I think he was home sick and wants to be the king in Cleveland. Thats really all he cares about. 

#6 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,847 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted August 26, 2014 - 03:03 PM

You think it was luck? That got the cavs the fear pick???

Lol
The fix was in

On lottery night, as soon as I saw the pistons pop up in the 9th spot, I was screaming in the bar, surrounded by heat fans

I said,
"The fix is in, the nba rigged the lottery for lebum to go back to Cleveland" "this is such a joke. This is such bleeping garbage"

Since I was in a Miami heat bar most people didn't like what I was saying, they all said, why would he leave a 3 peat team?

But I was so furious and livid that day. I walked out of that bar with the entire bar thinking was a madman. But I was dead on right

They fixed the lotto for the cavs
And Lebum went back

#7 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,573 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted August 27, 2014 - 06:24 AM

If the Cavs didn't get the lucky #1 Lottery pick and draft Andrew Wiggins, who is projected to be the NBAs next mega star would Lebron James had returned to Cleveland?

ESPN radio was hinting that the only reason Bron may have went back to his hometown was because he didnt want a NBA basketball star bigger than himself there.

Not only does this theory make sense when considering Lebrons enormous egocentric decisions he made in the past few years but the puzzle pieces of everyone & everything involved fit tight when examining the timeline and how things have gone down since.

What gives this theory traction is when you look at the face value facts we know. From the

lucky NBA Lottery ball to

draft day to

Lebrons tweet to

Lebrons public letter to

the trade rumors for Love and

Brons enthusiasm regarding the trade to

Wiggins vague and confusing post trade comments .

What cha think?

Going into the playoffs, I dont think Lebron really knew what he was going to do in free agency, but most agreed that he would either stay in Miami, go home to Cleveland or go to a big market, like LA, NY or Chicago. Since these teams didn't have a real chance at landing him i think Lebron was leaning towards staying in Miami. Especially considering that Cleveland wasn't all that enticing, with an unhappy Kyrie, with Waiters and Thompson not really impressing anyone and Bennett coming off a horrid rookie year.

But then...

...the Cavs won the lottery and

...Kyrie re-signed and

...Wade looked VERY old in the playoffs and

...the Heat got completely dismantled by the Spurs. 

And suddently, going back to the Cavs didn't seem like such a bad idea, i think. Lebron is worrying about his legacy and i think he knew he wouldn't be able to win with the Heat again given Wade's decline, and i dont think he would improve his GOAT-odds by chasing rings with another Super-team, like the Rockets or Warriors. I do think NY, LA or Chicago were options, but given the specific circumstances this summer, i dont think that was realistic.

I dont think Wiggins had anything to do with it. The pick, yes, but not the guy they picked. Had they taken Jabari or Embiid, i think he'd gone back home as well, but i dont think Lebron went back to the Cavs if they didn't win the lottery.

#8 ajaxjs

ajaxjs

Rookie

• 203 posts
  • Name:Jack Clifford
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq

Posted August 27, 2014 - 07:38 AM

No way Lebron goes back to Cleveland if they didn't have Andrew Wiggins as trade bait. For that matter, there's no chance that Lebron ever plays in a conference where he can't phone in the regular season.

#9 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,226 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted August 27, 2014 - 07:51 AM

A lot (all) of this conspiracy theory stuff could be done away with by having the draft done live where people could simply watch it happen in real time, strangely enough, the technology does exist to air sporting and other events on live television and has for some time.

#10 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,092 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted August 27, 2014 - 10:48 AM

I guess I am just shallow and naive.  I thought he viewed his supporting cast in Miami as getting old (Wade) or too timid (Bosh) or ineffective (mostly the rest of the roster).  I thought he reluctantly left Cleveland in 2010 to chase rings and has some now. I thought he actually wanted to go home this offseason.  He was the bigger person, reaching out to Gilbert and healing the rift.  Dufus Gilbert lucks into multiple #1 picks (arguably screwed one of them up), allowing Lebron to make an easy decision.  Sometimes things just line up, no conspiracy needed. 

Debbie Downer

#11 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Rookie

• 882 posts
  • Name:William
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted August 27, 2014 - 11:40 PM

Hey, we never know.. If the cavs ends up finishing the #1 in the East. Maybe we'll see another one of those lucky ping pong ball goes to them to take another #1 pick.

I hate the Clippers, the heat, the cavs the rockets.

#12 ajaxjs

ajaxjs

Rookie

• 203 posts
  • Name:Jack Clifford
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq

Posted August 28, 2014 - 07:07 PM

Hey, we never know.. If the cavs ends up finishing the #1 in the East. Maybe we'll see another one of those lucky ping pong ball goes to them to take another #1 pick.

I hate the Clippers, the heat, the cavs the rockets.

I agree. I'd root for the Celtics over all those teams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users