9 replies to this topic

#1 Klewfish

Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted August 01, 2008 - 04:59 AM

What's the outlook for the Steelers this year? I'm hoping to see one of the better offenses in the league. They have a really good receiving core IMO with Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes and the rookie Limas Sweed. Have that paired with Willie Parker and I think we should have some big plays this year. Of course our weakness is our O-Line, and I haven't really seen a big effort to address that this offseason, but we'll wait and see.

Defensively, as always, we should be top notch. I loved the emergence of Harrison last year along with all our other good defensive players, and defensive schemes.

It should be a good year for the Steelers. Show some support Steelheads!
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#2 Guest_Nyla_*

Guest_Nyla_*

Posted August 08, 2008 - 10:50 PM

A Steelers fan! Yay! :)

I'm keeping optimistic! The guys looked alright in todays preseason game, minus Batch getting injured. But should we stay healthy, we could win 12 games. I'm not saying that with much confidence cause our schedule is hard to even look at. haha

#3 gcclaker

gcclaker

I Bleed Purple And Gold!

• 750 posts
  • Fan Since:The Glory Days of Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Michael Cooper DPOY 1987

Posted August 09, 2008 - 09:12 AM

I was very young when I rooted for the Steelers during their Super Bowl runs in the late 1970's. Bradshaw, Harris, Bleier, Swann, Stallworth, Greene, Lambert, Blount, Noll, "The Chief" Mr. Rooney...et all. They were the Men of Steel. Then something happened! I went to The Dark Side...Oakland! I will alwaysl have a soft spot for Pittsburgh...even stomaching the likes of Mark Malone and Neil [Larry Brown is not on your team!] O'Donnell. Actually I still follow them...though I miss The Jaw on the sidelines.

Edited by gcclaker, August 09, 2008 - 09:14 AM.

Five guys on the court working together can achieve more than five talented individuals who come and go as individuals.
-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

#4 Klewfish

Klewfish

• 1,432 posts

Posted August 16, 2008 - 03:36 PM

A Steelers fan! Yay! :worthy:

I'm keeping optimistic! The guys looked alright in todays preseason game, minus Batch getting injured. But should we stay healthy, we could win 12 games. I'm not saying that with much confidence cause our schedule is hard to even look at. haha

I think I've been impressed with Dennis Dixon so far in his limited time, and the signing of Leftwich should help. I can't wait to see Holmes really come into his own this season. I've been reading a lot of articles and a lot of people are expecting a big season from him, and he's done great in the preseason.

I really like how Mendenhall has performed in the preseason as well. I think they've got a nice offensive core with Big Ben, Mendenhall, Holmes and Sweed.

And with the emergence of Timmons and Lamar Woodley on defense, the current and future looks bright for the future. This is an excerpt from an article that I read that gets me pumped about the season:

"Only two players in NFL history have more sacks than Kevin Greene, so he qualifies as an expert when it comes to rushing the quarterback.

After working with the Steelers' outside linebackers during the first week of training camp, Greene said his former team might have something special in LaMarr Woodley.

"He's going to be better than me," Greene said."

How far do you think the Steelers can go this year? They do have a ridiculously hard schedule but I think that the discipline from the coaching staff will keep them focused on the present from game to game, and not get looking ahead. It's going to be an exciting year and I CANT WAIT!

Go STEELERS!
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#5 Klewfish

Klewfish

• 1,432 posts

Posted September 08, 2008 - 08:23 AM

Great first game. Willie Parker already surpassed his TD total from last season. Hines Ward and Big Ben played fantastically, and we dominated the Texans. I was most impressed with our pass protection, the offensive line really stepped up.

I'd also like to congratulate Lamarr Woodley on his first start. 1 Fumble Recovery and 1 INT with 5 tackles in his first start!

#6 nameant

nameant

Reppin from TX

• 1,227 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 08, 2008 - 09:08 AM

Not a "fan" but I've enjoyed watching the Steelers play the last few years. A team I can respect. Man they destroyed the Texans yesterday. :lol: Looks like they have a great chance to make a nice playoff run this year.

#7 Klewfish

Klewfish

• 1,432 posts

Posted September 08, 2008 - 07:14 PM

Not a "fan" but I've enjoyed watching the Steelers play the last few years. A team I can respect. Man they destroyed the Texans yesterday. :lol: Looks like they have a great chance to make a nice playoff run this year.

I'll hold off major conclusions until we see them play a better team, but every aspect of their game looked good. Everyone said their offensive line was shaky but they looked decent yesterday.

#8 gcclaker

gcclaker

I Bleed Purple And Gold!

• 750 posts
  • Fan Since:The Glory Days of Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Michael Cooper DPOY 1987

Posted October 04, 2008 - 08:53 AM

To all ya Steeler fans...

http://www.amazon.co...1150_pe_snp_176

This is just so cool.
Five guys on the court working together can achieve more than five talented individuals who come and go as individuals.
-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

#9 Klewfish

Klewfish

• 1,432 posts

Posted December 16, 2008 - 06:08 PM

Its overdue to give the Steelers some love. Their defense is simply amazing, one of the best defenses ever. Personally I am loving it as 1. a Steelers fan 2. someone who appreciates that kind of dedication and passion to play defense. DPOY has to go to James Harrison or Troy Polamalu IMO, both are having phenomenal seasons, (although I wouldn't be upset if Ed Reed got it either). We're #2 in the AFC right now (that'll change next week), #1 in ESPN's power rankings, and look like we can make a title run. Id say the only team playing better than us right now is the Colts, who are rolling.

Our defense is going to give us a chance to win every game, it's just a matter of how well Big Ben does on offense that will determine how far we go.

#10 Klewfish

Klewfish

• 1,432 posts

Posted December 20, 2008 - 11:14 PM

Big game against the Titans, who does everyone got?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users