68 replies to this topic

#1 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,346 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted July 18, 2014 - 03:33 AM

After one night sleep after we got Boozer..

I just thought that if Kobe can handle himself and is 100% clear and non injured, maybe we can create something in the west, cause no one expecting us to win anything this year with this core..

What are your thoughts?

10389706_538818889555894_344178432941762

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#2 Rad

Rad

• 1,629 posts

Posted July 18, 2014 - 03:41 AM

That's nice, but is Nash even playing?

#3 WeNeedVanExcel

WeNeedVanExcel

Rookie

• 386 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 18, 2014 - 04:10 AM

Just because no one is expecting us to do any thing doesn't make a playoff spot easier to achieve. Talent and coaching are two aspects that we lack in comparison to 80% of the WC. Kobe could have a healthy return but regardless he is 36 yrs old. His athleticism was seriously declining before he got hurt the 1st time. He rarely attacked the hoop and doesn't have the burst to get the same type of separation on pull up jumpers. Becoming a player who has to use the triple threat...multiple head fakes...ball screens and hopefully movement without the ball..he won't look like the Kobe your hoping to see.  Kobe isn't 28 and won't be able to score enough points to keep the Lakers in most games next year.

Regardless of who we sign we will have a D grade SF and acceptable but no very formidable front line complimented by an underwhelming backcourt. Best aspects of this team with be it's depth at the 1 and the 4. However lack of scoring punch and the inability to defend any one on the perimeter will make it very difficult to win games. If we don't sign a SF no one should be comfortable seeing Nick Young starting. One of the worst defenders in the NBA who is a volume shooter and far from an efficient offensive player. Nick gets his numbers but his shot selection is often crazy and he lives by the jump shot. This team is barely a C on the athleticism scale while many in the WC sit at a B or better. I fear all those scrambles for loose balls...alley oops...lightening quick fast break opportunities and offensive rebounds will most likely be coming from teams the Lakers are playing and not the Lakers themselves.

Edited by WeNeedVanExcel, July 18, 2014 - 04:13 AM.

#4 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,435 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 18, 2014 - 04:17 AM

So in other words.... if Kobe has a time machine we will be competitive.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#5 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,553 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 18, 2014 - 05:55 AM

The over/under on mins played by nash this year

#6 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,346 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted July 18, 2014 - 06:02 AM

can someone tell me the age average of our roster?

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#7 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,866 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 18, 2014 - 07:02 AM

Kobe will not be th eguy we saw in those six games last season.

He also will not be the guy we saw the season before that.

Remember when he shot 43%.

we'll be a damn good team if we get THAT version of Kobe Bryant

Especially if Lin plays well and Randle is in the ROY conversation

#8 Murdercassette

Murdercassette

Rap game Billy Mays

• 625 posts

Posted July 18, 2014 - 07:39 AM

Thread is basically "If Kobe is healthy and our players play good, we'll win..."

True revelations bros

Edited by Murdercassette, July 18, 2014 - 07:39 AM.

Posted Image

#9 WeNeedVanExcel

WeNeedVanExcel

Rookie

• 386 posts
  • Fan Since:1980

Posted July 18, 2014 - 07:41 AM

When you aren't great any where on the floor you won't be a damn good team in the WC. We don't measure up to good teams in terms of talent an that's the bottom line. No coach is coming here with a system on both sides that can mask the weaknesses on both sides of the ball. There are no Greg Pops or T. Thibodeau's out there. Good team with a core of Lin..Kobe and Randle? Take a peek at the starting 5's we will be facing. Even these 3 bottom feeders in the West have better lineups than we do and would be a struggle to take a season series from for this roster. Yet...potentially Lakers a damn good team??? 

Pelicans

Holiday

Gordon

Evans

A.Davis

Osik

Sacramento

Collison

McClemore

Gay

Thompson

Boogie Cousins

Utah

Burke

Burks/Exum

Hayward

Favors

Kanter

Minnesota

Rubio

Martin

Budinger/Brewer

Love

Petkovic

Edited by WeNeedVanExcel, July 18, 2014 - 07:43 AM.

#10 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,128 posts

Posted July 18, 2014 - 07:51 AM

Truth is if Kobe was 26 instead of 36 this season would actually be interesting because Kobe WAS that good but IS no longer

Still would love 30 shots a game just for the sake of nostalgia
Posted Image

#11 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Rookie

• 785 posts
  • Name:William
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 18, 2014 - 07:59 AM

I think lakers fans are starting to doubt kobe because we havent seen him for a while now. So we will see what kind of kobe will show up this year and next year.

#12 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Pineapple winner!

• 1,790 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 18, 2014 - 08:05 AM

Truth is if Kobe was 26 instead of 36 this season would actually be interesting because Kobe WAS that good but IS no longer

Still would love 30 shots a game just for the sake of nostalgia

Man if Kobe was 26, and Boozer was in Utah form, than we would be talking about WCF at least. 

Impossible is nothing.

#13 kidpolean

kidpolean

Rookie

• 444 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted July 18, 2014 - 08:28 AM

I predict that Kobe will be 24 5 8. I think we see less shooting and more assists from Kobe.

#14 8224KB

8224KB

Rookie

• 111 posts
  • Name:8224KB
  • Fan Since:1984

Posted July 18, 2014 - 08:34 AM

Hill 10pts
Boozer 13pts
Young 18pts
Kobe 27pts (12-13 season)
Lin 14 pts
That is a line starting line up that averages 82 points per game.
Davis 5pts
Randle ???
Henry 10pts
Marshal 8pts
Nash ???
Clarkson ???
That is 23 points off the bench without knowing what Randle, Clarkson, Sacre, and Nash will contribute. That is 105 pts a game.

Of course we all suspect Kobe's numbers to come down. 24-25 pts per game is probably more realistic. However playing alongside Kobe should improve Young's and Lin's numbers so I think it balances out some. Kobe has also spent his career playing with big men. I think Davis will see a healthy jump in production playing with Kobe. Davis may even be LA's starting center by the end of the season. As for Boozer last year was a down year for him and he still averaged 13.7 pts with 8 rebounds. Those numbers might improve in LA.

This team isn't all bad!

#15 DaveGrumbles

DaveGrumbles

Rookie

• 232 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba, Big Game James

Posted July 18, 2014 - 08:44 AM

Hill 10pts
Boozer 13pts
Young 18pts
Lin 14 pts
Davis 5pts
Randle ???
Henry 10pts
Marshal 8pts
Nash ???
Clarkson ???

Team is super thin at the guard/wing spots. Maybe a return for 'The Machine' might be in order?

Edited by DaveGrumbles, July 18, 2014 - 08:44 AM.

#16 8224KB

8224KB

Rookie

• 111 posts

Posted July 18, 2014 - 09:04 AM

Team is super thin at the guard/wing spots. Maybe a return for 'The Machine' might be in order?

Is Sasha an option? He is playing in Italy isn't he?

#17 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,688 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted July 18, 2014 - 09:26 AM

Hill 10pts
Boozer 13pts
Young 18pts
Lin 14 pts
Davis 5pts
Randle ???
Henry 10pts
Marshal 8pts
Nash ???
Clarkson ???
That is 23 points off the bench without knowing what Randle, Clarkson, Sacre, and Nash will contribute. That is 105 pts a game.

Of course we all suspect Kobe's numbers to come down. 24-25 pts per game is probably more realistic. However playing alongside Kobe should improve Young's and Lin's numbers so I think it balances out some. Kobe has also spent his career playing with big men. I think Davis will see a healthy jump in production playing with Kobe. Davis may even be LA's starting center by the end of the season. As for Boozer last year was a down year for him and he still averaged 13.7 pts with 8 rebounds. Those numbers might improve in LA.

This team isn't all bad!

Kobe can't get 25+ with Nick Young getting 18 a game. They take shots and minutes away from each other. I'd like to see Kobe getting nice long rests now though, with Young splitting the minutes with him. 29 minutes for Kobe from the 2 and the 3 and the remaining ~20 minutes at the 2 should go to Young.

If both are healthy, I'd assume we'd see 21/5/5 from Kobe and 14/3/3 from Young.  

#18 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,050 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 18, 2014 - 09:28 AM

Thread is basically "If Kobe is healthy and our players play good, we'll win..."

Magic Johnson approves

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#19 8224KB

8224KB

Rookie

• 111 posts

Posted July 18, 2014 - 09:33 AM

Kobe can't get 25+ with Nick Young getting 18 a game. They take shots and minutes away from each other. I'd like to see Kobe getting nice long rests now though, with Young splitting the minutes with him. 29 minutes for Kobe from the 2 and the 3 and the remaining ~20 minutes at the 2 should go to Young.

If both are healthy, I'd assume we'd see 21/5/5 from Kobe and 14/3/3 from Young.  

People often criticize Kobe for not passing enough but the truth is Kobe does pass. Unfortunately the ball often comes back his way with time running out on the shot clock. If Young and Lin are able to move without the ball and shoot when Kobe passes to them I think both can keep their numbers up. Kobe is still a solid enough shooter to draw doubles or at least defenders cheating his way. That should create easier scoring opportunities for Lin and Young.
I would like to see Kobe's assist numbers climb this year to around 8 per game now that he has shooters to pass the ball to.

#20 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 782 posts
  • Fan Since:since my dad took me to see "Wilt the Stilt" at the Forum
  • Fav. Laker:whoever wins the next game

Posted July 18, 2014 - 09:34 AM

This team isn't all bad!

except they will probably give up 115 points a game...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users