Ring Chaser

Rookie

• 841 posts
  • Name:Gamertag: BAD JuJu x
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Russell Westbrook

Posted July 16, 2014 - 03:05 PM

Silver_Adam_nba_140429.jpg

The NBA submitted an official proposal to reform the lottery system, dismissing the Wheel idea in favor a revised weighting system that shifts each team's odds of getting the top pick.

The proposal is essentially an attempt to squeeze the lottery odds at either extreme toward a more balanced system in which all 14 teams have a relatively similar chance at the no. 1 pick, per sources familiar with the proposal.

The new proposal will give at least the four worst teams the same odds of winning the no. 1 pick, approximately 11 percent for each club. The odds decline slowly from there.

The proposal also calls for the drawing of the first six picks via the Ping-Pong ball lottery, sources say. 

Join the movement and follow me on Twitter! @dapper_actual

"If you're going to lose, you have to lose because you can't be in the middle of the pack. You either have to be great or you have to be bad to get a good pick" - Earvin Magic Johnson

#2 RobBlake

RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 2,826 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 16, 2014 - 03:23 PM

or make it public.. ya know.

ap1.png

#3 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted July 16, 2014 - 04:14 PM

or make it public.. ya know.

I bet you people will still think it's rigged even if the lottery is broadcast publicly.

Regardless, this new idea is an interesting one. I think I like it better than the wheel idea, but I would have to wait to see the implications of the new system first.

Posted Image

#4 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,515 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted July 16, 2014 - 04:48 PM

I bet you people will still think it's rigged even if the lottery is broadcast publicly.

Regardless, this new idea is an interesting one. I think I like it better than the wheel idea, but I would have to wait to see the implications of the new system first.

it's [expletive]ing rigged. End of story. Any "evidence" you have will be proven false by the Cavaliers.

#5 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,894 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted July 16, 2014 - 04:52 PM

Although I think LeBron returns to Cleveland either way this off-season, you have to think that's it's more than a coincidence they land the number 1 pick and Silver states that LeBron going to the Cavs is "good for the NBA" a few days ago.

I just can't buy that this whole process is legitimate.
iyjywo.jpg

#6 RobBlake

RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 2,826 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 16, 2014 - 06:10 PM

i fully believe nba peeps had someone write Lebron "coming home"  letter.. im a conspiracy theorist for fun haha. I mean the Cavs are going to be the next big media hit. The heat ran their course, the league were sick of them. Here comes the Cinderella story. I mean ESPN even analyzed the letter by parts.. seriously lol.  

ap1.png

#7 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,984 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 17, 2014 - 12:47 AM

Doing something with the draft is obviously a necessity and changing the odds of winning is in my opinion the easiest way to do just that. With a 25 % chance of the #1 and a guaranteed top 4 really is too much of an incentive to go after the worst record, which should be stopped. The wheel would be fine as well, although it would take a while to implement. These new changes could be done immediately.

Of course, some would complain but only those who were planning on tanking this season. Who cares what they think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users