Ring Chaser

Rookie

• 564 posts
  • Name:Gamertag: Elru x SeMaj
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:TBD

Posted July 16, 2014 - 03:05 PM

Silver_Adam_nba_140429.jpg

The NBA submitted an official proposal to reform the lottery system, dismissing the Wheel idea in favor a revised weighting system that shifts each team's odds of getting the top pick.

The proposal is essentially an attempt to squeeze the lottery odds at either extreme toward a more balanced system in which all 14 teams have a relatively similar chance at the no. 1 pick, per sources familiar with the proposal.

The new proposal will give at least the four worst teams the same odds of winning the no. 1 pick, approximately 11 percent for each club. The odds decline slowly from there.

The proposal also calls for the drawing of the first six picks via the Ping-Pong ball lottery, sources say. 

Join the movement and follow me on Twitter! @HoBbes___

#2 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,259 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 16, 2014 - 03:23 PM

or make it public.. ya know.

ap1.png

#3 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,241 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted July 16, 2014 - 04:14 PM

or make it public.. ya know.

I bet you people will still think it's rigged even if the lottery is broadcast publicly.

Regardless, this new idea is an interesting one. I think I like it better than the wheel idea, but I would have to wait to see the implications of the new system first.

Posted Image

#4 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,709 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted July 16, 2014 - 04:48 PM

I bet you people will still think it's rigged even if the lottery is broadcast publicly.

Regardless, this new idea is an interesting one. I think I like it better than the wheel idea, but I would have to wait to see the implications of the new system first.

it's [expletive]ing rigged. End of story. Any "evidence" you have will be proven false by the Cavaliers.

#5 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,470 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted July 16, 2014 - 04:52 PM

Although I think LeBron returns to Cleveland either way this off-season, you have to think that's it's more than a coincidence they land the number 1 pick and Silver states that LeBron going to the Cavs is "good for the NBA" a few days ago.

I just can't buy that this whole process is legitimate.
iyjywo.jpg

#6 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,259 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 16, 2014 - 06:10 PM

i fully believe nba peeps had someone write Lebron "coming home"  letter.. im a conspiracy theorist for fun haha. I mean the Cavs are going to be the next big media hit. The heat ran their course, the league were sick of them. Here comes the Cinderella story. I mean ESPN even analyzed the letter by parts.. seriously lol.  

ap1.png

#7 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,481 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 17, 2014 - 12:47 AM

Doing something with the draft is obviously a necessity and changing the odds of winning is in my opinion the easiest way to do just that. With a 25 % chance of the #1 and a guaranteed top 4 really is too much of an incentive to go after the worst record, which should be stopped. The wheel would be fine as well, although it would take a while to implement. These new changes could be done immediately.

Of course, some would complain but only those who were planning on tanking this season. Who cares what they think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users