Ring Chaser

Rookie

• 564 posts
  • Name:Gamertag: Elru x SeMaj
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:TBD

Posted July 14, 2014 - 09:08 AM

Rondo_Rajon_bos_111130.jpg

The Houston Rockets planned on matching Chandler Parsons' offer sheet with the Dallas Mavericks if they were to sign Chris Bosh, but he decided to stay with the Miami Heat.

The Rockets instead turned to Trevor Ariza as a cheaper alternative in order to maintain their flexibility.

The Rockets will look to the trade market, targeting Rajon Rondo and Kevin Love.

Join the movement and follow me on Twitter! @HoBbes___

#2 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,524 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 14, 2014 - 09:31 AM

So im assuming Harden is on the block?  Because who else would they deal?

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#3 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

O' Canada!

• 1,250 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted July 14, 2014 - 09:55 AM

So im assuming Harden is on the block?  Because who else would they deal?

I think they're gonna try their hand at picks (whatever picks they have) and Asik.

#4 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,476 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 14, 2014 - 10:21 AM

Not really sure how they're going to make a run at Kevin Love and/or Rondo without giving up Harden and i'm not sure if they're willing to do that. 

#5 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,742 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 14, 2014 - 10:34 AM

I think they're gonna try their hand at picks (whatever picks they have) and Asik.

I thought they traded Asik to Pelicans already?

Pelicans get Omer Asik, Omri Casspi and cash. Rockets get Trevor Ariza, Alzono Gree and 2015 1st round pick, Wiz get Melvin Ely.

Edited by Lakersfan1211, July 14, 2014 - 10:35 AM.

#6 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,069 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 14, 2014 - 11:21 AM

And also Rondo or Love would be a one year rental as they aren't gonna have the money to pay them after this season with Ariza getting 8 million a year over the next 4. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#7 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,689 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted July 14, 2014 - 11:24 AM

And also Rondo or Love would be a one year rental as they aren't gonna have the money to pay them after this season with Ariza getting 8 million a year over the next 4. 

Bird rights, they can offer the max

#8 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,069 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 11:42 AM

Bird rights, they can offer the max

if it was that simple teams wouldn't be so apprehensive about signing Love unless he guaranteed extending with them, max or not.  He'd fit in Houston though, my question is who do they have left to give up right now? =P 

Also because Love would likely prefer his rights renounced and getting a max deal for what he's actually worth as his max would start at 17 far as I know. 

That's what LeBron says he's planning to do with Cleveland. 

And at the moment the Rockets have about 11 million left in cap space.  So they'd have to unload Alonzo Gee and Terrance Jones.  And I doubt Minni takes them for Kevin Love when they have turned down much better offers. 

Edited by Majesty, July 14, 2014 - 11:46 AM.

#9 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,689 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted July 14, 2014 - 12:02 PM

if it was that simple teams wouldn't be so apprehensive about signing Love unless he guaranteed extending with them, max or not.  He'd fit in Houston though, my question is who do they have left to give up right now? =P 

Also because Love would likely prefer his rights renounced and getting a max deal for what he's actually worth as his max would start at 17 far as I know. 

And at the moment the Rockets have about 11 million left in cap space.  So they'd have to unload Alonzo Gee and Terrance Jones.  And I doubt Minni takes them for Kevin Love when they have turned down much better offers. 

Yeah, I'm not sure how they could get Love or Rondo in either situation since they have no attractive assets to give up other than Dwight and Harden. My point was they'd be able to bring him back for the max if they actually landed him.

Bennet, Thompson and picks looks a lot better than Jones and Gee at this point

#10 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted July 14, 2014 - 12:21 PM

Love makes sense, not Rondo unless you're somehow moving Harden, Can't have a dominant SG and PG together. Not sour grapes, but that team would've really benefitted from Bosh and his particular skillset much more than Love.

#11 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,354 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted July 14, 2014 - 12:30 PM

they're trying so hard to form a super team, while their best role players are gone LOL

Edited by Michaelyumm, July 14, 2014 - 01:04 PM.

#12 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,476 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 01:01 PM

That's not how it works, dude. If Houston trades for Kevin Love or Rondo, they'll have their bird rights and can go over the cap to re-sign them. Rondo is a FA next summer and would be eligible for a 5yr max w/ 7.5% raises and if Love is on the team he'd have to opt out first and then be able to sign the same deal - using bird rights.

The problem is that there isn't necessarily any guarantees that the players are actually going to re-sign with that team, which is why some teams are reluctant to make those type of deals unless they get some kind of an insurance from the player that they'd be willing to re-sign there.

But the cap isn't a problem. 

#13 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,069 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 01:09 PM

LeBron apparently assumes that he'll get a bigger contract after his year with the Cavs and is opting out to sign under what he feels would be the 'new CBA' that's upcoming and thus netting him the more worthy 'max' offer he feels he's worth.  So I'd assume other NBA players are feeling the same way.  I don't think it's just LeBron unless he was lying to have a bailout plan if Cleveland sucks. 

#14 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,476 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 02:12 PM

LeBron apparently assumes that he'll get a bigger contract after his year with the Cavs and is opting out to sign under what he feels would be the 'new CBA' that's upcoming and thus netting him the more worthy 'max' offer he feels he's worth.  So I'd assume other NBA players are feeling the same way.  I don't think it's just LeBron unless he was lying to have a bailout plan if Cleveland sucks. 

I think Kevin Love will get traded and if he lands at a destination where he wishes to stay, he doesn't opt out, but becomes a FA in 2016 and then signs a 5yr max, using bird rights. Rondo is different as he isn't necessarily worth quite as much, but he'll be re-signed using Bird rights, if he wants to. 

#15 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,140 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 05:20 PM

@basketballtalk: Rockets GM Morey on Parsons: “We are in a better [place] to win a championship by not matching it”

This guy really does not know how to talk to the media.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#16 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 380 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted July 14, 2014 - 06:16 PM

@basketballtalk: Rockets GM Morey on Parsons: “We are in a better [place] to win a championship by not matching it”

This guy really does not know how to talk to the media.

I heard him saying something like he didn't believe Parsons could be the 3rd best player on a championship team. The dude is a good general manager, hes gotten two superstars out of spare parts and has rebounded yet quite well since his other 2 superstars broke down (Yao and T-Mac). Hes gotten a lot of flak for this ooffseason but I cant hate on a guy swinging for the fences. All that said I deff do agree, his media relations skills is sorely lacking, he should take lessons from the zen master

#17 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,354 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted July 14, 2014 - 07:25 PM

New Maverick Chandler Parsons takes offense to how Rockets treated him during free agency

http://sports.yahoo....-030411610.html

#18 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,140 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 07:35 PM

New Maverick Chandler Parsons takes offense to how Rockets treated him during free agency
http://sports.yahoo....-030411610.html

And this is the same guy that helped them get Dwight

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#19 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,869 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 14, 2014 - 07:45 PM

Can never root for Rockets

harden and his annoying game

Howard and his act

Morey and his mouth

Beverly is also annoying

#20 Chick Stern

Chick Stern

Rookie

• 220 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Big 4: West/Kareem/Magic/Kobe

Posted July 14, 2014 - 07:50 PM

960x540.jpg

"You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good."

--Jerry West

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users