182 replies to this topic

#41 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 620 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 14, 2014 - 10:09 AM

So many [expletive]ing idiots in this thread....

so i guess you feel at home lol

#42 Amatayo

Amatayo

Rookie

• 90 posts
  • Name:Amatayo
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Andrew Goudelock

Posted July 14, 2014 - 10:17 AM

Kobe's no idiot he knew signing that large contract was basically saying he wants money over a ring. Kobes not a Max player anymore even if he could average 25 which I think he could he's to old to try and carry the team. He needs help in young and Allstate talent. Both of which his contract blocked. Yeah I know if he signed for 10 then we'd only have 13 more then we did, but that 13 plus how much we had could easily inked us 4 guys that could place us in he second round. So Kobe knew what he was doing taking more limits how much everyone else gets it's basic understanding.

#43 RickyStarFox

RickyStarFox

Rookie

• 981 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted July 14, 2014 - 10:19 AM

I don't put too much blame on the Dallas series, as the CP3 deal was solid and if you remember the few hours before the veto, D12 was almost certainly on his way over too. Where things started to fall apart was when they hired Mike Brown, then passed up Phil over MDA, and then didn't fire MDA to keep Dwight. There's been a long string of terrible decisions. 

Yet people wanna act like The FO just has bad luck. Only one thing that was pure bad luck of the draw was the CP3 trade.

Other than that everything else from Dwight leaving, Kobe's contract and no signings this off season is all on the Head Of Basketball operations.  Jimmy's plan has and always will be to swing for the for the fences and figure out the rest later.

He's literally half-assing his Job.

Just think about this, the guy was so stubborn about having D'antoni over Phil and even letting Dwight walk instead getting rid of him , only to let MDA walk without putting up much of a fight for a guy you claimed was"our guy" for the foreseeable future.

Which means the man makes decisions with his feelings instead of taking the most logical course of action.

LOL, his next plan is to lure KD from his contending Team.  If this were a sitcom it'd be the best stuff on TV.

Edited by RickyStarFox, July 14, 2014 - 10:20 AM.

#44 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,170 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 14, 2014 - 10:26 AM

Mitch said there were different plans depending on different scenarios. Said plan target changes from 6 months, to a year, year and a half and even up to 2 years depending on what happens. I'm assuming Melo not coming puts us on the 2 year plan, especially considering all of these contracts we have now are only for a year to 2.

There is a plan, we the fans just do not know what it is and that's scary to a lot here for some reason. We've never been told before what the next moves were and we shouldn't be. We're fans, not running the business.

I think a lot of people here are upset because Kobe most likely wont win another ring. It is what it is as far as I'm concerned. Signing Thomas, Monroe, Lance, etc would have put together a fun team but it would have hurt us long term and just kept us as a playoff team, not a contender.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#45 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,515 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 14, 2014 - 10:28 AM

I don't think its fair to just blame Jim.  From what I've read Jeanie was the biggest supporter of the Kobe extension and how can guys on this board consistently call Mitch the best GM in the NBA?  Honestly once the team is free of Kobe they will be able to make sound decisions to rebuild.  They are stuck into dealing with an aging star that wants to contend and get paid like a prime star but don't have the resources to do so but at the same time they can't take an outright true rebuild stance.  If they wanted to take care of him they could have given him a small portion of ownership after he retired.  Plenty of ways to take care of him.

Yet people wanna act like The FO just has bad luck. Only one thing that was pure bad luck of the draw was the CP3 trade.

Other than that everything else from Dwight leaving, Kobe's contract and no signings this off season is all on the Head Of Basketball operations.  Jimmy's plan has and always will be to swing for the for the fences and figure out the rest later.

He's literally half-assing his Job.

Just think about this, the guy was so stubborn about having D'antoni over Phil and even letting Dwight walk instead getting rid of him , only to let MDA walk without putting up much of a fight for a guy you claimed was"our guy" for the foreseeable future.

Which means the man makes decisions with his feelings instead of taking the most logical course of action.

LOL, his next plan is to lure KD from his contending Team.  If this were a sitcom it'd be the best stuff on TV.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#46 Anansi1171

Anansi1171

Rookie

• 135 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted July 14, 2014 - 10:30 AM

I don't think its fair to just blame Jim.  From what I've read Jeanie was the biggest supporter of the Kobe extension and how can guys on this board consistently call Mitch the best GM in the NBA?  Honestly once the team is free of Kobe they will be able to make sound decisions to rebuild.  They are stuck into dealing with an aging star that wants to contend and get paid like a prime star but don't have the resources to do so but at the same time they can't take an outright true rebuild stance.  If they wanted to take care of him they could have given him a small portion of ownership after he retired.  Plenty of ways to take care of him.

Any chance Kobe retires by season's end?

#47 Ring Chaser

Ring Chaser

Rookie

• 804 posts
  • Name:Gamertag: BAD JuJu x
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Russell Westbrook

Posted July 14, 2014 - 10:38 AM

927648-jack-nicholson.gif

Join the movement and follow me on Twitter! @dapper_actual

"It’s easy to look at the box score and say 37 shots. But you don’t see how hard I was working to get easy opportunities." Kobe Bryant

#48 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,170 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 14, 2014 - 10:43 AM

What the front office did was acquire assets in the Jeremy Lin deal while getting a young ball handling point guard that can dribble, pass and shoot of his own accord, probably the best one we've had and whose contract we only deal with for a year till we attempt to re-sign him for less if he's very good(and we'll have bird's rights).

We also ensured to re-sign a guy that can actually back up Kobe and be our main scoring threat on the bench, somethibg this team has sorely needed so tha Kobe doesn't have to always get off the bench and save us and play 38 mins a game.

We also re-signed our best hustler, rebounder from last year in Jordan Hill on a one year deal that gets extended if he continues to play well.

We basically re-signed our strongest pieces from last year except Jodie who got paid. Henceforth why you see Clarkson playing backup 2.

We also drafted top 4 talent Julius Randle who is going to be a beast for us and the next guy we likely build around and he gets two years in the kobe system.

Whether you like it or not we're a better team this year than we were last year. Without Kobe last year we were 6 wins from being a .500 team, adding Lin, Kobe, Randle to that equation probably changes things.

Does it make us a championship contender? No. But that wasn't happening in one year unless we landed Carmelo and or LeBron and that's the reality.

What the Lakers did was get a better team than last year and kept the significant pieces from it. We improved, not got worse(like say..the Houston Rockets).

This is a process and flexibility was kept for more moves in the future, home run or not, learn to deal with it.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#49 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,324 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 14, 2014 - 10:44 AM

Ill take that wager if u like = HEat will not be top 4 team in East next season! book it

Not really. They won't experience the lows we will for the next 2-3 years missing the playoffs struggling to win 30 games. The Heat with Deng..Bosh and Wade are still a top 3-4 team in the East for the foreseeable future. They can also build thru the draft...I think they have most of there picks in the coming years.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#50 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,324 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 14, 2014 - 10:45 AM

Pre achillies was he not still a max player?

Kobe's no idiot he knew signing that large contract was basically saying he wants money over a ring. Kobes not a Max player anymore even if he could average 25 which I think he could he's to old to try and carry the team. He needs help in young and Allstate talent. Both of which his contract blocked. Yeah I know if he signed for 10 then we'd only have 13 more then we did, but that 13 plus how much we had could easily inked us 4 guys that could place us in he second round. So Kobe knew what he was doing taking more limits how much everyone else gets it's basic understanding.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#51 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,497 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 10:54 AM

Kobe didn't lose. He is getting paid, and gets to finish his career as a Laker.

Edited by Chad, July 14, 2014 - 10:56 AM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#52 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,515 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 14, 2014 - 10:55 AM

Pre Achilles is irrelevant. We're dealing with the facts of here and now

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#53 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,726 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 14, 2014 - 11:10 AM

Pre Achilles is irrelevant. We're dealing with the facts of here and now

The fact is kobe didn't lose skill, moves or Bball IQ which is a combination that helped him become top 10 all time. Fact is Kobe got slower.

I'm not worried about his durability unless the coach doesn't control his usage

Edited by RobBlake, July 14, 2014 - 11:19 AM.

ap1.png

#54 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 803 posts
  • Fan Since:since my dad took me to see "Wilt the Stilt" at the Forum
  • Fav. Laker:whoever wins the next game

Posted July 14, 2014 - 11:18 AM

there's 25 Million reason he won't...

#55 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,623 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted July 14, 2014 - 11:21 AM

What the front office did was acquire assets in the Jeremy Lin deal while getting a young ball handling point guard that can dribble, pass and shoot of his own accord, probably the best one we've had and whose contract we only deal with for a year till we attempt to re-sign him for less if he's very good(and we'll have bird's rights).

We also ensured to re-sign a guy that can actually back up Kobe and be our main scoring threat on the bench, somethibg this team has sorely needed so tha Kobe doesn't have to always get off the bench and save us and play 38 mins a game.

We also re-signed our best hustler, rebounder from last year in Jordan Hill on a one year deal that gets extended if he continues to play well.

We basically re-signed our strongest pieces from last year except Jodie who got paid. Henceforth why you see Clarkson playing backup 2.

We also drafted top 4 talent Julius Randle who is going to be a beast for us and the next guy we likely build around and he gets two years in the kobe system.

Whether you like it or not we're a better team this year than we were last year. Without Kobe last year we were 6 wins from being a .500 team, adding Lin, Kobe, Randle to that equation probably changes things.

Does it make us a championship contender? No. But that wasn't happening in one year unless we landed Carmelo and or LeBron and that's the reality.

What the Lakers did was get a better team than last year and kept the significant pieces from it. We improved, not got worse(like say..the Houston Rockets).

This is a process and flexibility was kept for more moves in the future, home run or not, learn to deal with it.

THIS!

:thumsbup:  :thumsbup:  :thumsbup:

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#56 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,418 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted July 14, 2014 - 11:27 AM

Did LAkers have $ to bring in a max guy now? Yes

Do LAkers have $ to bring 1 in next yr? Yes

So come again as to why Kobe contract made free agents decide not to come?

Because Kobe is old and doesn't deserve max money, he is not a good value contract wise from a basketball standpoint.  If a free agent wants to win, the last thing they want to see is an older guy taking up that sort of cap room.  That is why free agents aren't coming.

#57 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 803 posts
  • Fan Since:since my dad took me to see "Wilt the Stilt" at the Forum
  • Fav. Laker:whoever wins the next game

Posted July 14, 2014 - 11:28 AM

NBA Off-Season Report Card (Majesty version)

Los Angeles Lakers: A++++++++++

Every Other Team: C- 

#58 Ring Chaser

Ring Chaser

Rookie

• 804 posts
  • Name:Gamertag: BAD JuJu x
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Russell Westbrook

Posted July 14, 2014 - 11:31 AM

I'll give anyone $100 if they can find any post with the slightest bit of critisim to the Lakers by Majesty lol.

Join the movement and follow me on Twitter! @dapper_actual

"It’s easy to look at the box score and say 37 shots. But you don’t see how hard I was working to get easy opportunities." Kobe Bryant

#59 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,005 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 11:32 AM

I wouldn't mind if kobe left for a contender

I wouldn't mind if the Lakers trade Kobe.

#60 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,418 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted July 14, 2014 - 12:17 PM

I'll give anyone $100 if they can find any post with the slightest bit of critisim to the Lakers by Majesty lol.

He has criticized Pau plenty.  Unfortunately he is gone now, so he will have to come up with a new company line to explain our current problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users