Photo

Hibbert quietly potentially being traded?; Larry Bird working on Rondo deal in package for Hibbert/Hill?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 1,122 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted August 11, 2014 - 04:48 AM

Someone that barely averaged 30 mins with 7 rebounds and only 2.5 blocks for a guy his size is not all star caliber in any planet. Add that with him getting 12 points on 46% shooting is just putrid for a guy that spends all of his time right next to the rim. He was a good defensive player on a great defensive team and was their anchor but that doesn't make him an all star, he was nothing more than above average before the all star break

#42 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 3,608 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted August 11, 2014 - 05:43 AM

He would be an interesting addition to our team at the least.

He may have some head issues.

And he certainly has some weight issues which if he gets serious about would improve his endurance as well as performance.

He's pretty skilled i think we can all agree.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health (a special 20th season, like he deserves), 2. Draft Picks Ballin (they better. Seems half the team hasnt played in league) 3. Miracle Move (We still need 2 more impact guys, but Bass and Lou are solid moves), 4. Hibbert (trimming down, change of scenery and attitude sorely needed) 5. Upshaw (If he works out, mitch and jim and ryan deserve major kudos as the risk is minimal). Staples (some renewed energy in that building, been a total morgue last couple years)

READY FOR SEASON!

#43 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 19,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 26, 2015 - 04:47 PM

I also include a potential depth chart - although it relies on a few key FA choosing Lakers http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-what-next-free-agency-20150626-story.html 

The Lakers could also look to use their cap room to absorb a big man in trade, such as Indiana Pacer' center Roy Hibbert, earning $15.5 million for next season.

Edited by Lakersfan1211, June 26, 2015 - 04:47 PM.

#44 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 3,908 posts

Posted June 26, 2015 - 06:14 PM

I wouldn't mind. Seems like we're going to have a lot of offense on this team already. A brick in the middle (AKA Hibbert) would be a good thing for us IMO.

#45 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 19,951 posts

Posted June 26, 2015 - 06:35 PM

I wouldn't mind. Seems like we're going to have a lot of offense on this team already. A brick in the middle (AKA Hibbert) would be a good thing for us IMO.

Yup same, he would be a good plan B.

Edited by Lakersfan1211, June 26, 2015 - 06:36 PM.

#46 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Hall Of Fame

• 8,482 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 26, 2015 - 06:53 PM

Im still not sure why guys like Hibbert so much.  He did pretty well against a weak Heat front line for 2 years and guys swear he was better than Dwight Howard.  Dude is a TERRIBLE offensive player on most nights shoots the same % as Kobe from the field at C.  Im not sure why some of you think you can get by with that.  

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#47 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Sixth Man

• 3,870 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 26, 2015 - 07:21 PM

Im still not sure why guys like Hibbert so much.  He did pretty well against a weak Heat front line for 2 years and guys swear he was better than Dwight Howard.  Dude is a TERRIBLE offensive player on most nights shoots the same % as Kobe from the field at C.  Im not sure why some of you think you can get by with that.  

Your right, he doesn't bring much at all on the offensive end, but acquiring him would be identical to the Jeremy Lin trade made last season.  A move that would make LA slightly competative, but at little to no expense towards the future with it only being a short tenure and a bonus of a 1st rounder or something else.

The plus about obtaining Hibbert is if we acquire him via trade, we will likely get one or two solid pieces (whether it be a future 1st rounder or something along those lines) in return due to consuming such a large contract.  This free agency class does have alot of All-Star bigs, but most, outside of Marc Gasol are offensive oriented such as Love, Aldridge, and Milsap.

Hibbert would also only be a one year rental, if he doesn't perform well the Lakers are left with whatever asset that was gathered via trade, as well as some additional cap space to use in 2016.  It's a win win situaiton in my eyes as long as LA gets a decent piece in return.

Edited by lakers1o1, June 26, 2015 - 07:22 PM.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#48 Chick Stern

Chick Stern

Rookie

• 600 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Big 4: West/Kareem/Magic/Kobe

Posted June 26, 2015 - 07:40 PM

F no!

Why pay big $$ for his crap production, when you could get the same from Asik or a Lopez brother for less?

"You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good."

--Jerry West

#49 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Superstar

• 7,072 posts

Posted June 26, 2015 - 08:57 PM

I hope Roy Hibbert wasn't the big the Lakers had in mind lol

#50 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 13,151 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 26, 2015 - 11:30 PM

I just wanna see Aldridge hold up his purple and gold jersey.

#51 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 6,835 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted June 26, 2015 - 11:43 PM

Hibbert, haha.

Somebody bump that thread asking which Center you start a team with from 2 years ago. I'm probably among those who were fooled, but that would be a great laugh.
iyjywo.jpg

#52 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 4,475 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 27, 2015 - 07:20 AM

I just wanna see Aldridge hold up his purple and gold jersey.

Problem is he won't do that without us having a Center already in place, at least a decent one defensively like Robin Lopez last year. I'm curious as to how Mitch will try and fix that.

#53 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 3,608 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted June 28, 2015 - 03:05 AM

I'm down as a plan B.

But i don't look for any big trades with Larry Legend on one side and Lakers on the other.

Just has a North Korea/South Korea vibe

Edited by kball, June 28, 2015 - 03:05 AM.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health (a special 20th season, like he deserves), 2. Draft Picks Ballin (they better. Seems half the team hasnt played in league) 3. Miracle Move (We still need 2 more impact guys, but Bass and Lou are solid moves), 4. Hibbert (trimming down, change of scenery and attitude sorely needed) 5. Upshaw (If he works out, mitch and jim and ryan deserve major kudos as the risk is minimal). Staples (some renewed energy in that building, been a total morgue last couple years)

READY FOR SEASON!

#54 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 47,946 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 28, 2015 - 10:39 AM

I remember two playoff series ago when people here were clamoring for Hibbert over Dwight :D 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users