Photo

Where does Cleveland's starting lineup rank?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 17, 2014 - 08:59 PM

That's a worse big three than Miami and they always went to 7 games or went down in the series.

People really underrate Wade and Bosh and their contributions. It's quite sad. Kyrie irving is not an upgrade over Wade, and Love isn't that bid of an upgrade over Bosh.

This Cavs team would be lucky to make it out the second round.

Welcome back to where you belong LeBron!

#22 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,002 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 17, 2014 - 10:17 PM

If i were the Cavs i'd move every single player and pick to get Kevin Love, but keep Wiggins and Kyrie.

Kyrie-Lebron-Love is a nice big three, but Kyrie-Wiggins-Lebron-Love could be in a whole other stratosphere.

Would Minny say no to: Waiters, Thompson, Bennett and FOUR (!) 2015 first rounders? I doubt it.

#23 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,011 posts

Posted July 18, 2014 - 08:33 AM

Bennett is looking good this summer league.

#24 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,023 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 19, 2014 - 05:36 PM

That's a worse big three than Miami and they always went to 7 games or went down in the series.

People really underrate Wade and Bosh and their contributions. It's quite sad. Kyrie irving is not an upgrade over Wade, and Love isn't that bid of an upgrade over Bosh.

This Cavs team would be lucky to make it out the second round.

Welcome back to where you belong LeBron!

Are you serious? I am sorry but at this point in his career Kyrie is an upgrade over Wade without a doubt. Kyrie is climbing and Wade is declining very fast.  Also K love put up numbers last season that has been done since KAJ, he is obviously the best PF in the league and is a sizable upgrade over bosh. The only thing is defense, but with the right attitude and scheme even the defensive lacking players can be a part of a solid team defense.

The Cavs team now without Klove is a lock to get to the ECF and I would take them over any team in the east to get to the finals. A team of Kyrie, Bron, and Love would be going to Final after Final for the eastern conference barring any injuries or some sort of terrible chemistry which is really the only unknown about bringing Love to CLE.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, July 19, 2014 - 05:38 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#25 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 725 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted July 19, 2014 - 05:57 PM

Pacers really ****** up this summer. Had they kept Stephenson and added a decent PG they would have walked the East.

Edited by 8RingKobe, July 19, 2014 - 05:57 PM.

#26 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,023 posts

Posted July 19, 2014 - 06:00 PM

Pacers really ****** up this summer. Had they kept Stephenson and added a decent PG they would have walked the East.

Heard they are trying to get a deal to get Rondo by trading Hibbert not sure why the c's would take his scrub self though.

With the money they didn't spend on Lance they shoulda took a run at Bledsoe really. They needed another scorer even when they have Lance and now with him gone their offense really needs a shot in the arm and Bledsoe would be just that.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, July 19, 2014 - 06:01 PM.

#27 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,489 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 19, 2014 - 06:35 PM

Varajao is x3 the player with LeBron. 

Had his best numbers overall without LeBron

#28 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,023 posts

Posted July 19, 2014 - 06:48 PM

Had his best numbers overall without LeBron

People don't understand that certain players actually are hurt when they play with Lebron. He really negatively affects big men, but makes outside shooters and wing players look a hell of a lot better thanks to the looks he gives them.

#29 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts

Posted July 19, 2014 - 08:53 PM

Kyrie is not an upgrade over Wade.

And Blake Griffin must have died today if Love is the best PF in the league. That's news to me.

Deal with it.

#30 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,023 posts

Posted July 19, 2014 - 09:16 PM

Kyrie is not an upgrade over Wade.

And Blake Griffin must have died today if Love is the best PF in the league. That's news to me.

Deal with it.

Yea when did blake average 26 pts,13 boards, and damn near 5 assist? Numbers like that are crazy. Also never thought I see anyone on this board call Blake the best PF (you know all the clipper hate). And please don't say the dumbest argument ever that he is on a bad team so those stats mean nothing. Last I chekced there are a bunch of bad teams in the NBA and not one of them had a player even come remotly close to those numbers. Love was putting up numbers that we haven't seen since KAJ and even did a few things that havent even been done before. Blake is hella good don't get me wrong, but Love is the best PF in the league.

Also have you seen wade play recently ? That dude's knees are shot and he is just gonna get worst and worst. Kyrie on the other hand is 22 and just gonna get better.

Hate to break it to you but your probably the only person that thinks Kyrie, Love, and Bron isn't a better big three at this point than Bron, wade, and bosh. Hell even Lebron thought a big three of himself, Kyrie, *fill in the blank* would be better than himself, wade and bosh there is a reason he left.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, July 19, 2014 - 09:19 PM.

#31 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 9,040 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted July 19, 2014 - 09:55 PM

Bennett is looking good this summer league.

Watch out, Wiggins.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#32 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts

Posted July 19, 2014 - 10:46 PM

Why shouldn't I use that argument, it's the truth. If Blake Griffin were on that Timberwolves team, he'd average the same numbers. I all comes down to what you like more. A PF that predicates his game on hitting tons of jumpers and plays on the perimeters, or a PF who plays and dominates in the paint.

I like both, but I just think Griffin is better.

Agree to disagree I guess.

#33 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts

Posted July 19, 2014 - 10:49 PM

And Kyrie Irving is way overrated. Even now he isn't better than Wade. Unless he takes a gaint leap defensively, passing wise, rebounding wise, and show that he can be trusted to take over and win games for his team, don't compare him to Wade.

#34 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,106 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 19, 2014 - 11:50 PM

Why shouldn't I use that argument, it's the truth. If Blake Griffin were on that Timberwolves team, he'd average the same numbers. I all comes down to what you like more. A PF that predicates his game on hitting tons of jumpers and plays on the perimeters, or a PF who plays and dominates in the paint.

It also has to do with the fact that Blake Griffin has Chris Paul and a deeper team. If the Clippers were still Blake Griffin's team they'd probably dance around the same areas that Minni does. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#35 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 08:41 AM

I agree. I do think the Clippers would be better off tho. Giffins ceiling is still higher than Love's. Griffin has the potential to be a force in every aspect of the game. Love is what he is at thks point imo, And that's pretty darn great; just don't think he's better than Griffin.

#36 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,023 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 10:52 AM

I like both, but I just think Griffin is better.

Agree to disagree I guess.

Because it is a terrible arguement. Being on a [expletive]ty team doesn't mean you can detract on what he did. Love put up numbers that havent been seen in decades yet you still would put Blake over him?

I undestand you can like Blake's game more than Love, but I don't think you can say he is the better PF being with Love has done. He is a career 19/12/3 guy even with his first two seasons being under utilized. 

You are correct though we will have to agree to disagree.

Moving on from this, what teams would you have beating the Cavs in the second round of playoffs? I mean I would have to assume they will either be the number one or number two seed for the simple fact Lebron has taken a much worst cavs team to the number one seed, and his game has improved a reasonable amount.

It is just hard for me to imagine the Cavs getting knocked out in the second round with Lebron on their team. Considering he has done much more with much less, while even being a less complete player himself I don't believe they would be knocked out that early. A team could challenge them in the ECF, but even then I would have a hard time picking against them in that series. You must really believe in a few of the teams in that conference if they can knock off the cavs in a 7 game series.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, July 20, 2014 - 10:54 AM.

#37 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 07:54 PM

The Wizards could possibly beat the Cavs, the Heat could possibly beat the Cavs. The Pacer are a slim chance unless Paul George takes his game to megastar levels.

But the Bulls would most definitely beat the Cavs team, pretty easily Imo.

#38 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,281 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 09:15 PM

I hope Sixers develop fast enough and [expletive] on Cleveland for years. I just wish they didn't pick Saric who will likely stay in Europe for couple of seasons. McBuckets would have been perfect.

#39 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,106 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 20, 2014 - 10:36 PM

They got Saric who will stay overseas, they got Embiid who may not even play this season... So yeah its gonna be Noel and MCW this season....like it would have been last season =P with no more differences...  

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#40 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,274 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted July 20, 2014 - 11:02 PM

saric is beast though...

he will be worth the wait...

philly basicly already has a rookie for this upcoming season  Noel

one for the season after... Embiid