94 replies to this topic

#21 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,086 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 12, 2014 - 02:17 PM

So he's going back to Memphis in 4 seasons? Im not sure if you missed it but Zbo signed a 2 year extension after picking up his player option.  I doubt Pau is playing in 3 years.  He took the money to play on a better team and getting off this sinking ship. 

By signing for 6 million in Chicago instead of a potential 10-12 million in Los Angeles and a potential 10 million in Chicago if they'd given up their pick. 

Yes...definitely :)  He's on a solid team but Chicago's unwillingness to part with their pick screwed him out of 5-4 million. 

After this season I wouldn't be shocked if he goes back to Memphis once Randolph's contract is gone.    That is unless Chicago has him on a multi year. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#22 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,690 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted July 12, 2014 - 02:18 PM

By signing for 6 million in Chicago instead of a potential 10-12 million in Los Angeles and a potential 10 million in Chicago if they'd given up their pick. 

Yes...definitely :)  He's on a solid team but Chicago's unwillingness to part with their pick screwed him out of 5-4 million. 

After this season I wouldn't be shocked if he goes back to Memphis once Randolph's contract is gone.    That is unless Chicago has him on a multi year. 

I'm pretty sure he doesn't care about the cash, otherwise he would have signed with us.

Buena suerte amigo!

Posted Image

#23 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Rookie

• 1,287 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 12, 2014 - 02:22 PM

Wish you the best in Chi Town. Thanks for the memories!!!

#24 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 12, 2014 - 02:22 PM

Thanks for all you've done for this team and the city of Los Angeles, you are a class act and a true professional, you will be missed Pau.. good luck in Chicago.

The North Remembers

#25 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,506 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 12, 2014 - 02:23 PM

I'm pretty sure he doesn't care about the cash, otherwise he would have signed with us.

Buena suerte amigo!

There's taking a paycut but Gasol making 6 million even his biggest detractors would say thats waaaaaaaaaay too little.  But that's just me, I think that's lowballing him financially but he's in a solid situation in Chicago. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#26 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,239 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted July 12, 2014 - 02:25 PM

There's taking a paycut but Gasol making 6 million even his biggest detractors would say thats waaaaaaaaaay too little. But that's just me, I think that's lowballing him financially but he's in a solid situation in Chicago.

Windu said he's not worth the minimum so....

#27 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 5,602 posts

Posted July 12, 2014 - 02:27 PM

Thank you Pau for helping us win those two championships and always staying professional. Best of luck!

#28 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Rookie

• 880 posts
  • Name:William
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted July 12, 2014 - 02:31 PM

There's taking a paycut but Gasol making 6 million even his biggest detractors would say thats waaaaaaaaaay too little. But that's just me, I think that's lowballing him financially but he's in a solid situation in Chicago.

I thought that the lakers offered him 20 something million for 2 yrs but he declined because he wants to play for a contender?

#29 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 582 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted July 12, 2014 - 02:32 PM

No more playoffs for kobe 

#30 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Rookie

• 880 posts

Posted July 12, 2014 - 02:34 PM

You know what? We cant fault a guy for wanting to win. No matter what we feel about him for the past few yrs, the truth is. He helped us won that 2 championships. Thats for the city of LA, thats for the franchise, thats for the fans and mostly he helped kobe get to 5 rings.

Thank you for all your services pau.. But we will win another championship someday without you.

#31 artemis

artemis

Bruin

• 1,357 posts
  • Name:Artemis
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Pau, Horry

Posted July 12, 2014 - 02:36 PM

You know what? We cant fault a guy for wanting to win. No matter what we feel about him for the past few yrs, the truth is. He helped us won that 2 championships. Thats for the city of LA, thats for the franchise, thats for the fans and mostly he helped kobe get to 5 rings.

Thank you for all your services pau.. But we will win another championship someday without you.

And sadly, without Kobe as well.

“It is by chance that we met, by choice that we became friends.”

Posted Image

rest in paradise bestie matt
8.13.1992 - 9.27.2010

#32 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,086 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 12, 2014 - 02:37 PM

Got the utmost respect for Pau.  When [expletive] got thick he didn't waver and cry and try to get traded.  He's the definition of a ride or die player. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#33 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,506 posts

Posted July 12, 2014 - 02:47 PM

I thought that the lakers offered him 20 something million for 2 yrs but he declined because he wants to play for a contender?

yeah but he was still looking at 10 million a year on Chicago(which more or less was what the Lakers were offering him) via the sign and trade. 

He wound up signing for 6 million.   That's what I was referring to.  As in he makes only 700.000 more than Nick Young on that contract and makes 2 million less than Trevor Ariza. 

Edited by Majesty, July 12, 2014 - 02:49 PM.

#34 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,506 posts

Posted July 12, 2014 - 02:53 PM

BsX-0gdCEAAjm-Y.jpg

BsYImpCCEAAfOyP.jpg

#35 dakidblu

dakidblu

Rookie

• 336 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Fisher Lamar

Posted July 12, 2014 - 03:02 PM

Watch pau start balling soon as he gets to chicago.

#36 martin90

martin90

Rookie

• 465 posts

Posted July 12, 2014 - 03:05 PM

It's not my favorite player after the B2B, but thanks. Another mistake from the FO, letting him go for nothing.

#37 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,223 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted July 12, 2014 - 03:07 PM

yeah but he was still looking at 10 million a year on Chicago(which more or less was what the Lakers were offering him) via the sign and trade.

He wound up signing for 6 million. That's what I was referring to. As in he makes only 700.000 more than Nick Young on that contract and makes 2 million less than Trevor Ariza.

Who cares how much he makes compared to Swaggy p and Trevor. He makes more than you can spend in 10 lifetimes. If anything that just means Chicago got a steal. I don't see anyone of his caliber lining up to play for the Lakers on
the cheap.

#38 Wilfred

Wilfred

Starter

• 4,748 posts

Posted July 12, 2014 - 03:09 PM

Thanks Pau for staying classy and helping Lakers win championships. Wish you the best in Chicago.

Will Kobe put up a new pic with Jordan Hill now ?

http://instagram.com/p/baJkWqxNiO/

Edited by Wilfred, July 12, 2014 - 03:11 PM.

#39 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Rookie

• 880 posts

Posted July 12, 2014 - 03:11 PM

He wound up signing for 6 million. That's what I was referring to. As in he makes only 700.000 more than Nick Young on that contract and makes 2 million less than Trevor Ariza.

Not making fun of your comparison or anything but if we really have to look at it that way, all the free agent signings we made this past couple of days would looked really bad specially jordan hill contract. Haha

Someone said yesterday jordan hill made 9 mil and duncan got 10 last yr. that comparison right there makes it really look bad :) but you know what? Its true. He makes a little more than nick young and way less than jordan hill.:)

#40 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,506 posts

Posted July 12, 2014 - 03:20 PM

Not making fun of your comparison or anything but if we really have to look at it that way, all the free agent signings we made this past couple of days would looked really bad specially jordan hill contract. Haha

Someone said yesterday jordan hill made 9 mil and duncan got 10 last yr. that comparison right there makes it really look bad :) but you know what? Its true. He makes a little more than nick young and way less than jordan hill. :)

Thing is his value was higher than both and he'd have gotten paid higher than both, it was Chicago's unwillingness to part with their pick and use what they could have left in their cap to sign him basically. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users