213 replies to this topic

#201 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Hall Of Fame

• 8,482 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 14, 2015 - 12:54 PM

Pau was the Center for most of his tenure in LA. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#202 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,746 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted January 15, 2015 - 08:04 AM

I want to blame most fans on here who think Pau can't play anymore. Calling him Pau Gasoft and all that. I find it sad that fans are so stupid now a days and can't see that Pau is one of the best big man in the history of the NBA.  Thanks to you haters that he end up not wanting to be here in LA and go to Chicago to show you guys what you been missing.  The lack of appreciation for Pau the past three years from fans and people on this message boards sickens me.  I always believed it was the coaching that causes Pau to suffer in his game but you guys already throw him in the trash already when he was here. 

#203 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 47,945 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 15, 2015 - 08:14 AM

Had trouble with Nene, had a career night against Johnny O Bryant, and then struggled vs Nene again.  

Gasol is not a "2nd option" anymore.  But what he is, is a guy that is surrounded by talent in Chicago that will allow him to focus on his offense and on the helpside and he can be your 3rd option, and if you're a good enough team that he is your 3rd option and 2nd some of the time, then you have a championship potential roster.  If it was just him and Rose in Chicago as a one two punch it would look about the same as it did here. 

However with Butler, and with Noah, and with Rose and all of the pieces the Bulls have, Pau can maximize himself. 

But if you fool yourself into thinking that suddenly he's gonna start bullying Nene and Gortat or Hibbert then you haven't been paying attention. 

Pau is the same Pau he was here, he just is finally entering the post more over settling for the mid range shot.  But he still will be a liability on defense(and is, along with Rose, which is why the Bulls are 12th defensively this year rather than 2nd which they were last year) and he will still be bullied by the same centers that bulled him in Los Angeles, the difference is he is surrounded by talent that doesn't allow him to be loaded in on defensively, and allows him to do more of what he's best at offensively, and has a team that can mask his defensive problems better and that he is also more willing to give it back to them by entering the post more. 

However if Noah keeps going in and out of the lineup with injuries and Rose continues to be in and out due to needing rest, and if Thibs runs Butler into the ground (Butler is playing near 40 mins a game right now), then Pau could find himself in a precarious situation as could the entire Bulls team.    If Thibs has a knock, it's running players into the ground and not being able to construct a halfcourt offense.   Jimmy Butler is playing 38 mins a game this season thus far, and as the 2nd best scorer on that team with Rose being the first they may want to be a bit smarter with his minutes into the future. 

Edited by Majesty, January 15, 2015 - 08:16 AM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#204 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,124 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 15, 2015 - 10:54 AM

I want to blame most fans on here who think Pau can't play anymore. Calling him Pau Gasoft and all that. I find it sad that fans are so stupid now a days and can't see that Pau is one of the best big man in the history of the NBA.  Thanks to you haters that he end up not wanting to be here in LA and go to Chicago to show you guys what you been missing.  The lack of appreciation for Pau the past three years from fans and people on this message boards sickens me.  I always believed it was the coaching that causes Pau to suffer in his game but you guys already throw him in the trash already when he was here. 

Pau was asked to fill a roll here in his last couple of years that he did not have the build or skills to do.  That's not his fault.  What is his fault is the pseudo- fake injuries and the lack of effort at times.  So, calling him soft was harsh, expecting more than we got from him was not.  He's in a great spot now, and I wish him well.  Suggesting that he gets a free hall pass for his last couple years here is a stretch though.

Debbie Downer

#205 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 3,608 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 15, 2015 - 11:13 AM

Playing better, great numbers, at less than 1/2 the cost of previous contract.

Yeah, Bulls made out nicely...probably glad melo money grabbed Knicks

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health (a special 20th season, like he deserves), 2. Draft Picks Ballin (they better. Seems half the team hasnt played in league) 3. Miracle Move (We still need 2 more impact guys, but Bass and Lou are solid moves), 4. Hibbert (trimming down, change of scenery and attitude sorely needed) 5. Upshaw (If he works out, mitch and jim and ryan deserve major kudos as the risk is minimal). Staples (some renewed energy in that building, been a total morgue last couple years)

READY FOR SEASON!

#206 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 4,149 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 29, 2015 - 10:23 AM

tonight its on

WELCOME BACK PAU!!!

FOR ONE NIGHT AT LEAST.. .:(

From Cologne, Germany 2 Los Angeles, USA. LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me on Instagram: manaro90

#207 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 3,908 posts

Posted January 29, 2015 - 03:26 PM

Assuming there will be a video before the game as a tribute. Looking forward to seeing it.

#208 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 13,151 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 29, 2015 - 03:56 PM

I hope Pau destroys the Lakers tonight, just destroys them.

#209 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Superstar

• 7,072 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 29, 2015 - 05:19 PM

Fans better give this man a huge standing ovation. 

#210 Magic Chiongson

Magic Chiongson

Rookie

• 162 posts
  • Fan Since:I was a Laker fan before a Kobe fan
  • Fav. Laker:Buck, Diesel,Big Game James

Posted January 29, 2015 - 07:24 PM

Antoni was to blame for Pau playing Gasoft not that Pau is but no D An'toni had him playing him beyond the elbow 80% of the time.There's no way Pau can be soft delivering 2 chips for the us, thank you Pau you were a true professional in spite of hearing trade rumors his last 3 years Pau's definitely a class act. Hope Pau can help the lakers again by giving us our 10th consecutive loss tonight to enable our quest to secure the top 5 c'mon Pau drop 30 on us!

#211 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 6,835 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted January 29, 2015 - 07:32 PM

Go Pau. #beatLA :rock:
iyjywo.jpg

#212 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 4,149 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 29, 2015 - 08:07 PM

hes playing normal right now

From Cologne, Germany 2 Los Angeles, USA. LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me on Instagram: manaro90

#213 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 47,945 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 29, 2015 - 10:31 PM

Well Pau played like Pau.  But we had Jordan Hill :P  

But really. 

it was a great game all around. 

Expect Charles to hate. 

Edited by Majesty, January 29, 2015 - 10:31 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#214 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 3,608 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted February 01, 2015 - 07:40 AM

Went.

Crowd gave Pau a really nice well deserved ovation and classy Pau acknowledged us at halfcourt.

But there were also so many Bulls fans at the game.

Guessing close to 20% of crowd.

Never seen that many opposing fans before there.

Turned into a classic game and easily the best one of the season.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health (a special 20th season, like he deserves), 2. Draft Picks Ballin (they better. Seems half the team hasnt played in league) 3. Miracle Move (We still need 2 more impact guys, but Bass and Lou are solid moves), 4. Hibbert (trimming down, change of scenery and attitude sorely needed) 5. Upshaw (If he works out, mitch and jim and ryan deserve major kudos as the risk is minimal). Staples (some renewed energy in that building, been a total morgue last couple years)

READY FOR SEASON!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users