2015 Draft Prospects

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,631 posts

Posted October 14, 2014 - 10:12 AM

And just like that, Payton will be a bust...people are hoping for the next Rondo...not gonna happen.

Hoping we make a few trades that net us a lot of picks...that's not likely happening either.

Has he not played well? I didn't get to watch his games but purely from a stats level (which obviously isn't everything) he seems to have done well for a rookie in preseason.

#82 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,110 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 14, 2014 - 10:53 AM

He was drafted 10th.  If we had ended up 10th and I got Payton I'd be pissed.

He was hyping Elfried Payton way before anyone else - and he was right. Payton ended up being one of the top PGs in the draft. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#83 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,553 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 14, 2014 - 10:55 AM

Has he not played well? I didn't get to watch his games but purely from a stats level (which obviously isn't everything) he seems to have done well for a rookie in preseason.

He has played well. 

His very first game was eh, he put up 4 points, 2 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals on 20% shooting.  After that game he stopped taking threes.    

His second game was a bit better, he put up 8 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds, 

His third game, which was his first start against the Hornets.  He put up 14/6/5.    That's pretty solid. 

Don't really see what people are trying to hate on.

Edited by Majesty, October 14, 2014 - 10:57 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#84 Shiro

Shiro

Rookie

• 536 posts

Posted October 14, 2014 - 11:09 AM

He was drafted 10th.  If we had ended up 10th and I got Payton I'd be pissed.

Payton is a good prospect with a high ceiling and I would've taken either him or McDermott at 10th given who was available. Who would you have taken at 10th in that draft?

#85 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,110 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 14, 2014 - 11:38 AM

Would have been more pissed at having to pick 10th after that terrible season and what's to come.  At 10 probably McD or Lavine.

Payton is a good prospect with a high ceiling and I would've taken either him or McDermott at 10th given who was available. Who would you have taken at 10th in that draft?

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#86 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,573 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted October 15, 2014 - 10:02 PM

ESPN has the Lakers at 29 wins, which would be the 7th worst record in the league. Also, the league is strongly considering making changes in the draft that lets the lottery decide the first 6 picks as well as evening out the odds a bit. If this happens, there is a real chance that the Lakers can move into the top 5.

With the luck we've been having lately, i expect us to both win the lottery and that Houstons pick will be the 15th.

Karl Towns! 7'0'', shoot 3s, blocks shots, can jump, handle the ball and did i mention he shoots 3s.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users