62 replies to this topic

#21 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,347 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted July 12, 2014 - 03:24 PM

I just hope we can draft Jahlil Okafor, Stanley Johnson, or Emmanuel Mudiay.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#22 L4K

L4K

Rookie

• 733 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 12, 2014 - 03:45 PM

I've only heard of Jahlil Okafor. Was hoping there'd be no need to learn about any other prospects but guess there is now. If Okafor ends up having a great college season and we have a top 5 pick it could be an interesting pairing with Randle, we'd have a solid front-court.

#23 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted July 12, 2014 - 03:49 PM

Consensus among the smart guys sitting next to me (@NBADraftnet, @rick_bagassera and @YannisNBA) - Emmanuel Mudiay is the guy to get in 2015

#24 Anansi1171

Anansi1171

Rookie

• 124 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted July 12, 2014 - 07:13 PM

Do you really think Kobe alone can carry this team to a .500 record? IF so you haven't watched much basketball the last few years. News flash...the West is stacked. Kobe could score 50 a night and not come close to beating the top 8 seeds from last year. We will struggle to beat the Utah Jazz this year. Lots of pay back for teams who the Lakes have historically handled.

I believe we may end up with the worse record this season. Mirror opposite to how Duncan will end his career with a title defense. Its going to be an amazingly sad spectacle.

#25 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,140 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 12, 2014 - 07:29 PM

Steve Kyler@stevekylerNBA 1m

Consensus among the smart guys sitting next to me (@NBADraftnet, @rick_bagassera and @YannisNBA) - Emmanuel Mudiay is the guy to get in 2015

Of course. He's a guy that could go first. Anyone that has seen him play will see something special. Point guard skills like tyler ennis, amazing athleticism, extreme quickness, fantastic passing ability, good size and can score in a multitude of ways.

He's gonna be a problem for 1s and 2s. He could go first. But if Lakers landed in the 5th range, Johnson is a great pick.

His game isn't flashy but he's a manchild small forward. 6'9 small Forward, in high school already 240+ pounds. So yeah, but his game isn't super flashy and he can go under the radar, I can only hope for a terrible rockets season lol so they can land in the 17-20 range lol.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#26 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,695 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted July 12, 2014 - 07:34 PM

Only way we end up in the lottery again is if Kobe doesn't play at all and Randle turns out to be a complete bust.

Buuut even then we're not bad enough to catch a bottom 5 pick. The Suns are celebrating right now.

#27 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,787 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 12, 2014 - 08:19 PM

A  rookie flourishing won't necessarily mean wins.  Talent and balance wise this team is still in the bottom 3rd of the NBA.  LA could be easily the worst team in the division unless the Kings totally plummet again.  Jazz and Denver may be worse.  In the East outside of Philly teams aren't going to be looking to tank either.  LA could really be bottom 5.  There is no way even if Kobe is 90 percent of what he was prior to injury will be able to carry this team 82 game into mediocre success. 

Only way we end up in the lottery again is if Kobe doesn't play at all and Randle turns out to be a complete bust.

Buuut even then we're not bad enough to catch a bottom 5 pick. The Suns are celebrating right now.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#28 Shiro

Shiro

Rookie

• 393 posts

Posted July 12, 2014 - 08:24 PM

A  rookie flourishing won't necessarily mean wins.  Talent and balance wise this team is still in the bottom 3rd of the NBA.  LA could be easily the worst team in the division unless the Kings totally plummet again.  Jazz and Denver may be worse.  In the East outside of Philly teams aren't going to be looking to tank either.  LA could really be bottom 5.  There is no way even if Kobe is 90 percent of what he was prior to injury will be able to carry this team 82 game into mediocre success. 

Orlando and Boston could be worse than us as well.

#29 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,328 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 03:54 AM

Looking forward to picking in the top 5 next year.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#30 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,787 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 07:56 AM

Could be.  Right now the bottom is looking like Philly, Milwaukee, Boston, Orlando and LA again.  I think Utah slightly improves due to not having Ty Corbin as coach. Denver was only really bad last year b/c of their injuries as a whole.  LA won't have a offensive system like MDA's to elevate the production of the roster.  Everything really falls back on Randle being better than expected, Young having another good shooting season and others just playing lights out.  Right now the roster isn't very good or balanced.

Orlando and Boston could be worse than us as well.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#31 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,328 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 09:10 AM

Don't have to worry about the offense when Byron is running things. The only think keeping this team from being the worst in the league is Kobe.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#32 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,695 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted July 13, 2014 - 09:38 AM

Doesn't matter how bad we are. Until we intentionally tank and actually try to lose every game out there, we're not gonna be worse than a lot of Eastern teams.

Celtics

76ers

Magic

Pistons

Bucks

Jazz

Kings

Are all teams that still look as bad as we do. We're forced to intentionally tank if we want to actually use our pick, or else we'll end up in the bottom 5-10 and Phoenix will keep our pick. 

#33 Shiro

Shiro

Rookie

• 393 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 11:34 AM

Doesn't matter how bad we are. Until we intentionally tank and actually try to lose every game out there, we're not gonna be worse than a lot of Eastern teams.

Celtics

76ers

Magic

Pistons

Bucks

Jazz

Kings

Are all teams that still look as bad as we do. We're forced to intentionally tank if we want to actually use our pick, or else we'll end up in the bottom 5-10 and Phoenix will keep our pick. 

The pistons should be quite a bit better than they were last season.

#34 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,140 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 11:39 AM

The pistons, bucks,magic and 76ers are going to be better than they were last year.

#35 TNLakerfanKB24

TNLakerfanKB24

Rookie

• 49 posts
  • Name:Josh Brewer
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted July 13, 2014 - 11:46 AM

I think you guys are underrating the Lakers this year...I could see is challenging for a playoff spot. Just my opinion. We won't be a laughing stock again.

#36 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,787 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 11:50 AM

Could be, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.  One simple injury could be a trainwreck to this team.  There isn't much depth to the team as is.

I think you guys are underrating the Lakers this year...I could see is challenging for a playoff spot. Just my opinion. We won't be a laughing stock again.

#37 Oasis Lover

Oasis Lover

Rookie

• 98 posts
  • Name:Roy
  • Fan Since:'89
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 13, 2014 - 11:51 AM

Right we have Kobe [expletive]ing Bryant for christsake.
They'll be better playoffs are possible. That being said the Lakers are about championships not playoffs.

Edited by Oasis Lover, July 13, 2014 - 11:53 AM.

#38 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,140 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 01:55 PM

Well Mudiay has decided to say screw college despite committing and is going overseas to play instead. 

Nation's top high school guard to play overseas
by: Woj

The nation's No. 1 high school guard, Southern Methodist University signee Emmanuel Mudiay of Dallas, will hire an agent and take a job playing basketball overseas next season.

Hours after Yahoo Sports reported that Mudiay was considering the move, SMU coach Larry Brown issued a statement that his top recruit planned to bypass college and turn professional.

"This is not an academic issue, since he has been admitted to SMU, but rather a hardship issue," Brown said in a statement.

Nevertheless, little evidence supports the Hall of Fame coach's assertion on Mudiay's reason for leaving SMU.

Mudiay had conversations with Brown and university officials about his ability to become academically eligible and withstand NCAA scrutiny into his amateur status to play his freshman year, sources told Yahoo Sports.

http://sports.yahoo....-155248029.html

Well [expletive].  Avoiding those grades while getting paid! =P  I'd question his academic focus but eh, not a red flag yet. Good luck to him.  Will probably cause him to fall a little in the draft but we'll see. Being under Larry Brown for a year would have done wonders for this kid...wonders.  But he went after the overseas money instead can't hate him for it. But still, Larry Brown would have done wonders for him.  

Edited by Majesty, July 14, 2014 - 01:56 PM.

#39 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted July 14, 2014 - 02:07 PM

The pistons, bucks,magic and 76ers are going to be better than they were last year.

agreed. but so are we.

we got Kobe replacing Pau. nick young back. then we just have additions to last year's squad, Lin and Randle

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#40 WeNeedVanExcel

WeNeedVanExcel

Rookie

• 386 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 14, 2014 - 04:00 PM

How is that possible with Kobe..Randle..Lin...Hill and random SF. This is not a lineup that will score much or defend any one in either conference. I see no boards...1 old scorer...no post D ...Kobe getting destroyed by most 2 guards and struggling to do any thing but live on perimeter jumpers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users