#3461 kidpolean

kidpolean

Rookie

• 1,376 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted Yesterday, 02:56 PM

I didn't say you wanted Mudiay. 
I said everything you hope Mudiay can do 3-4 years from now, Clarkson is already doing now. 
Don't confuse yourself ;)

see when I actually try to have a conversation with you it turns into cocky statements and emojis

I dont hope Mudiay is anything unless we get him. If we draft anybody else, I hope Mudiay sucks. With the exception of WCS, I'm ok with anybody else within the top 5 or 6 guys. WCS is a stretch at 5 though.

#3462 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 44,701 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted Yesterday, 03:01 PM

I'd rather see these guys in the draft pan out, because they're the future of the NBA once the guys we know are nearing the ends of their careers. 

If we draft Winslow, and Towns, Okafor, etc go elsewhere, I'm not going to hope that Winslow is the only stand out.  What I'd want is for Winslow to reach his potential here and remain healthy because if that happens then we'll be well taken care of, same goes for Randle and Clarkson. 

But I'm not gonna hope that Okafor, Towns or Mudiay suck wherever they go just because they aren't Lakers.   I'll assume some situations are going to be worse than they would be elsewhere, but I don't want to see any of their careers spiral downwards just because they aren't Lakers. 

If anything I'd hope if another team drafted Towns that the team is cheap and goes nowhere while Towns develops and by the time he has an option to opt out in 4-5 years that he does so and that the Lakers are in position to land him by being in a better position :D 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#3463 TimmyB20

TimmyB20

Rookie

• 12 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted Yesterday, 03:03 PM

The truth i, everything that kidpolean can hope that Mudiay would be doing 3-4 years from now.. Clarkson already is doing.

So again, there's no reason to go after him.dude I never said I wanted Mudiay...u keep putting words in my mouth...i want Okafor!

I'm saying there have been bust every year since the first draft. Exums struggles isnt aren't going to affect Mudiays stock. You know how many international players in general have been bust? A ton but that's not gonna stop anyone for getting Hezonja either. If Mudiay is on the board, there has been no indication that we wont take him...if so post something from Mitch or one of out scouts saying so otherwise what you're saying is irrelevant.

Thats all I'm saying...im not saying we should or shouldn't take him but as of now we simply can't rule him out.

Kidpolean know his stuff. I'm quite impressed. He is correct, u can use every Dante Exum example u want....but that has no bearing on upcoming drafts. Getting into to that, has more to do with what the player ACTUALLY DOES with that potential....which I believe has to do with opportunity, coaching etc. That being said, was Westbrook known to be a superstar on draft day? I believe he went around 4-6 pick. What about Liliard? Number 5 I believe. Michael Jeffery Jordan was the 3rd pick!! Carmelo freaking Anthony was selected 3rd, behind some European....and D Wade was 5th!! The point he's making, is that REGARDLESS of what each of these players ended up doing in the pros, they were drafted based on their perceived POTENTIAL. It is IMPOSSIBLE to know for sure what they will turn into as pros. I'm a very competitive bball player, and there are SO many factors involved in developing in a money based, political league that is the NBA. Have u ever tried to play on a team, where A). U aren't featured, and B). U have a guy(or set of guys) that get all the plays called for them???? It's very difficult to develop, gain confidence, and show the skills u do have. This then, starts to effect how hard ur willing to work(for some guys). Clarckson did so well this year, because he got "burn".......meaning he got a chance to actually play, and showcase his POTENTIAL. Think about it, he got a chance to learn from ALL of the good starting PGs that he had to go up against night after night.....imagine the value of that. U don't think Exum has similar potential(similar).???? Of course he does, he wasn't in the same situation, therefore he didn't get a chance to develop this year......this is the reason that I was most disappointed that Randle didn't play this year........we needed him to get that year of experience.

#3464 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,578 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted Yesterday, 03:16 PM

You draft the best damn player available. Ask the idiot Portland Trailblazers. Im really curious as to who we will get at 26. I for one would love to see that pick and Nick go to Milwaukee for MCW. I would also love to see us trade our 1st and a future pick for Wiggins if we were guaranteed an Allstar Center

MCW

Kobe

Wiggins

Randle

Jordan / Gasol

Black

Clarkson

Hill

Brown

Ellington

FA

FA

Edited by lakersince75, Yesterday, 03:27 PM.

#3465 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Sixth Man

• 2,967 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted Yesterday, 03:33 PM

You draft the best damn player available. Ask the idiot Portland Trailblazers. Im really curious as to who we will get at 26. I for one would love to see that pick and Nick go to Milwaukee for MCW. I would also love to see us trade our 1st and a future pick for Wiggins if we were guaranteed an Allstar Center

MCW

Kobe

Wiggins

Randle

Jordan / Gasol

Black

Clarkson

Hill

Brown

Ellington

FA

FA

Honestly, MCW isn't anything great, but Young and the 27th pick for him isn't to bad.

I'd also still start Clarkson over MCW

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#3466 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,578 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted Today, 02:53 AM

Either way it would be cool. Clarkson MCW combo would be pretty good. Milwaukees gotta know they are not going to be able to sign MCW later. He doesn't have to be great if you have Kobe Wiggins, Randle and an All Star Center is on the roster. I'd also like to see Kareem and Nash on our bench with Scott next season

Honestly, MCW isn't anything great, but Young and the 27th pick for him isn't to bad.

I'd also still start Clarkson over MCW

Edited by lakersince75, Today, 03:01 AM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2), Tensai