#2261 kidpolean

kidpolean

Rookie

• 1,114 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted Today, 02:33 PM

I don't think Lavine is like Green.

Grenn, imo, had the tools and the skillset but his personality/brain got in the way and messed up his career in the beginning. Lavine just simply doesn't have the skills yet. Lavine has a ton of confidence which is a great start put he needs a lot of work. With a great mentor, I think that he could be a great player in this league.

#2262 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 20,302 posts

Posted Today, 02:36 PM

last stand 2.0...Im assuming your top 4 are Okafor, Towns, Russell, Mudiay in some order.

Would you take Lavine over WCS or Hezonja?

Over WCS absolutely. I've seen lavine show an ability already to play and succeed at this level. Hezonja or Winslow is up in the air. Both those guys could be as good or better than lavine

That would be a hard decision. at that point I'd try the Houston pick first. If not then maybe I bite the bullet on lavine and make the deal.
Posted Image

#2263 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 20,302 posts

Posted Today, 02:40 PM

LaVine is more Gerald Green than Vince Carter.

He has weaknesses but I just think he has a better overall feel for the game than green did

Hezonja is one of the more interesting players in the draft, the guy can flat out do everything offensively and has the size and athleticism

People may toss out gallonari but hezonja is probably twice the athlete which is a big deal to me

Gallo was a 3 and 4

Hezonja is a 3 and 2
Posted Image

#2264 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 20,302 posts

Posted Today, 02:45 PM

For the last month it's been hezonja or Winslow at SF for me. The more I read the more hezonja is pulling in front

He's 6-8 with all the athleticism, skill set, length you want. He's smart and trained in euro ball which is a good thing. He will space the floor, attack the basket, and dish the ball and I've read multiple articles that say his biggest and really only weakness is that he's overcompetitive and loses his cool

So you're telling me his glaring weakness is he wants it so bad that when its not happening he loses it? Sign me up

I think I would actually take him at 5.

Sign dragic and asik

Asik
Randle
Hezonja
Kobe
Dragic

Sounds good to me.
Posted Image

#2265 kidpolean

kidpolean

Rookie

• 1,114 posts

Posted Today, 02:54 PM

Hezonja over Lavine and that's an easy one. Id take WCS over Lavine as well, im just biased to defensive players. I think he could be a Deandre Jordan type of player in a couple years.

#2266 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 43,711 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted Today, 02:54 PM

I don't have any plans to write about the draft any time soon. It's a hobby I enjoy, but I don't have enough spare time for it right now.

Haven't been able to scout as intently as last year but thus far: Towns > Russell > Okafor > Mudiay > Oubre > Winslow > Stanley > Myles

Towns has best stats on the GOAT kenpom team. 7'0, great tools, coordinated, has potential to develop NBA 3. Clear 2 way potential

Towns seems like the obvious #1 prospect in this class, don't know why he hasn't gotten more hype at draft sites w/ Kentucky's success

Okafor is really good but he can't shoot, isn't athletic, and has big defensive questions. No way can you take him > Towns.

I may take Mudiay over Okafor by draft time too, but he's a mystery box atm.

Russell is a funky prospect and I like him. Feels like a slightly watered down version of Harden. He's closer to Mudiay than Towns IMO.

Oubre is easily my fave prospect outside of the big 4. He can't create much for himself but his stats are nice and his tools are nicer

Stanley Johnson is tough to rate. He's the best statistical player on a team almost as good as Kentucky, but has meh quicks and explosion

Justise Winslow is the opposite in that his stats are meh but he makes some impressive athletic looking plays. JW + SJ are close

Then Myles Turner looks like a stiff to me but you gotta respect his size/shooting/stats/age combo to some extent.

Edited by Majesty, Today, 02:55 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#2267 kidpolean

kidpolean

Rookie

• 1,114 posts

Posted Today, 02:56 PM

Maj...that was actually pretty good

#2268 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 20,302 posts

Posted Today, 03:03 PM

luhlPHgo_normal.jpegDean Demakis @deanondraft ·

I don't have any plans to write about the draft any time soon. It's a hobby I enjoy, but I don't have enough spare time for it right now.

Haven't been able to scout as intently as last year but thus far: Towns > Russell > Okafor > Mudiay > Oubre > Winslow > Stanley > Myles

Towns has best stats on the GOAT kenpom team. 7'0, great tools, coordinated, has potential to develop NBA 3. Clear 2 way potential

Towns seems like the obvious #1 prospect in this class, don't know why he hasn't gotten more hype at draft sites w/ Kentucky's success

Okafor is really good but he can't shoot, isn't athletic, and has big defensive questions. No way can you take him > Towns.

I may take Mudiay over Okafor by draft time too, but he's a mystery box atm.

Russell is a funky prospect and I like him. Feels like a slightly watered down version of Harden. He's closer to Mudiay than Towns IMO.

Oubre is easily my fave prospect outside of the big 4. He can't create much for himself but his stats are nice and his tools are nicer

Stanley Johnson is tough to rate. He's the best statistical player on a team almost as good as Kentucky, but has meh quicks and explosion

Justise Winslow is the opposite in that his stats are meh but he makes some impressive athletic looking plays. JW + SJ are close

Then Myles Turner looks like a stiff to me but you gotta respect his size/shooting/stats/age combo to some extent.

Haha this guy nailed Stanley Johnson. There's something ugly about him. Just to me doesn't look like it'll translate

Russell is very funky. Harden is a weird comparison. Attitudes are similar. Aggression similar. Where they differ for me is harden is the clear better athlete and russell is the clear better distributor at that stage obviously not now.

To me russell is going to be a nasty half court pick and roll player. That's gonna be his style. And someone who can lead a break or trail a break. Not gonna be the finisher on many breaks.

But agree with a lot. I do think okafor is better than he says but that's his opinion. Towns is a heck of a prospect and I like that he's on an upward trend. That's the most important thing for me

I Absolutely hate Johnson and turner though. Hate them as prospects. I see mediocre futures for both

Agree on Winslow completely. He's explosive as hell

My top 6 right now is

Okafor
Towns
Russell
Mudiay
Hezonja
Winslow

But really hezonja and Winslow are tied
Posted Image

#2269 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Rookie

• 1,200 posts
  • Name:William
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted Today, 04:07 PM

One thing i noticed about okafor also is that his lack of athleticism.. A couple of his highlights got me thinking, can this guy still dunk the ball when he turns 28? His jumping ability is a bit iffy to me.

Towns on the other hand is somewhat a red flag to me also. The way he run around the floor with his shoulders down got me feeling a little questionable about him. To me, people who walks or runs like that are either not athletic or just not very confident person. Its very hard to judge it just based on that but i hope the lakers make the best decision if we get to keep the pick.

#2270 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 43,711 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted Today, 04:37 PM

When it comes to Town his athleticism comes in a straight line drive situation more so than otherwise. 

There aren't many 7 footers that can do this 

But do you notice? As I said, it always comes in a straight line drive.  That's where his athletic leaping ability and explosiveness comes from.  What people wonder about is if it's there without a step or without momentum.   

I think he can, but that's pretty much where the question is. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#2271 L4K

L4K

Rookie

• 1,209 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted Today, 04:44 PM

If we get a top 3 pick and Philly offers Embiid for the pick do you do it? I think I do it.

#2272 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Sixth Man

• 2,838 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted Today, 04:54 PM

If we get a top 3 pick and Philly offers Embiid for the pick do you do it? I think I do it.

Nope, there's just been way to many red flags regarding Embiid.

His weight, the fact that he's already in trade conversations, and other medical related issues regarding his back and foot.
No reason to give up the potential of having Towns, Okafor, or Russell with Embiid.  If the 76ers are already willing to deal him despite not seeing him play for a single second, you have to question why..

EDIT: He looks like he's resolved the weight issue, and is looking pretty solid.  I'd still rather have Towns though.  If Philly is willing to add onto the Embiid trade, then maybe I'd consider it.  

Edited by lakers1o1, Today, 05:58 PM.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

7 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 3 guests, 1 anonymous users

newgenduder, lakers1o1, JayTheGreat