• Please log in to reply
1729 replies to this topic

#1721 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,105 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted Yesterday, 09:51 AM

I like this for the picks we're getting.

uUcblFp.gif

#1722 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,817 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted Yesterday, 10:32 AM

poorly framed imo

Are you saying DL did this intentionally?

I dont remember it that way at all.

Not at all. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#1723 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,817 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:33 AM

Exactly....like Yao being voted ahead of Shaq as i recall on more than 1 occasion.

Am i remembering that right?

yes!

#1724 kozmo

kozmo

Rookie

• 11 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:kone

Posted Yesterday, 04:04 PM

The guy has yet to play one game and y'all are discussing how much he should re-sign with us .. Happy monday ..

IThats not what I said. I said IF he plays well and has succuss I think he will want to stay and likely would be willing to play for some less as hes been around and likely would want a place to build. I think hes going to find a home here BUT certainly not saying that he is the man...

#1725 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,339 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted Today, 03:06 AM

All I remember is during Linsanity, Miami decided he would not succeed and Lin could barley get the ball over half court. I also remember players going at him and giving him 30 and 40 points at will. I hope he has improved.

#1726 kinein

kinein

Rookie

• 10 posts
  • Name:FRANK YOUNG
  • Fan Since:Kobe & Shaq won a championship
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted Today, 03:59 AM

All I remember is during Linsanity, Miami decided he would not succeed and Lin could barley get the ball over half court. I also remember players going at him and giving him 30 and 40 points at will. I hope he has improved.

I remember that one too vividly. That would be a few years ago and what most consider his true rookie season. He has improved. Key note: Lin's got many more years to improve, great potential for further development; especially with Kobe & Nash!!!

At this point and time people consider Linsanity his peak (as a rookie). His numbers and skill-set have since improved over the 2 seasons with the Rockets while he has broken a few records in the NBA such as the 1st player to score a triple-double off the bench in 25 years; as well as broke the Wells Fargo Center record with Nine 3pters made. 

In another game he became the first Rocket to score more than 30 pts off the bench in 4 years. ESPN Stats released the following information: He shot 57.9% off drives last season, 2nd only to LeBron James who shot 63.8% (Min 7 drives per game)

I hope that eases some of your concerns. There is a good player in Lin and plenty of room for development!

Really looking forward to training camp starting. Just want to see all the Lakers getting together and working out and coming together for the new season!

Edited by kinein, Today, 04:12 AM.

#1727 kozmo

kozmo

Rookie

• 11 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:kone

Posted Today, 08:33 AM

I remember that one too vividly. That would be a few years ago and what most consider his true rookie season. He has improved. Key note: Lin's got many more years to improve, great potential for further development; especially with Kobe & Nash!!!

At this point and time people consider Linsanity his peak (as a rookie). His numbers and skill-set have since improved over the 2 seasons with the Rockets while he has broken a few records in the NBA such as the 1st player to score a triple-double off the bench in 25 years; as well as broke the Wells Fargo Center record with Nine 3pters made. 

In another game he became the first Rocket to score more than 30 pts off the bench in 4 years. ESPN Stats released the following information: He shot 57.9% off drives last season, 2nd only to LeBron James who shot 63.8% (Min 7 drives per game)

I hope that eases some of your concerns. There is a good player in Lin and plenty of room for development!

Really looking forward to training camp starting. Just want to see all the Lakers getting together and working out and coming together for the new season!

He's going to be fine. Hes the least of your worries.....worry about Kobe's health and getting some players to go along with Kobe and Lin

#1728 Ny_chino

Ny_chino

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • Name:Yo_B
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:magic

Posted Today, 08:48 AM

Byron Scott:.... "I'm a Jeremy Lin fan" (this was the day Lin was announced he'd be a Laker incase no one saw it. Starts at 1:26 mark)

#1729 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,034 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted Today, 08:48 AM

The most popular NBA player in China is NOT Yao Ming or Jeremy Lin.  Its Kobe Bryant by far.   In fact,  If Lin and Kobe walk in Shanghai, nobody would even noticed Lin.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#1730 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,817 posts

Posted Today, 09:24 AM

Lin is actually popular in China as well.

Not as much as Kobe.

However now Kobe and Lin are on the same team.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users

AnnoyingCustomer, Google (1), WeNeedVanExcel