Photo

Lakers acquire Jeremy Lin

• Please log in to reply
2034 replies to this topic

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 07:19 PM

Let's hope he can help the Lakers get some wins on top of just the money.

Maybe not actually. We're not contending for a championship so we'll just finish with nothing to show for. Not even our own draft pick.

yo.

#1362 KMC

KMC

Rookie

• 106 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq

Posted July 14, 2014 - 07:36 PM

Maybe not actually. We're not contending for a championship so we'll just finish with nothing to show for. Not even our own draft pick.[/size]

Are you saying the intention of FO and Kobe going into this season is to tank? If yes, then maybe, but I don't think Kobe would agree with that. Let's at least see how the first half of the season goes then we should have a better idea of what they are trying to do.

#1363 Lebronion Rings

Lebronion Rings

Rookie

• 116 posts
  • Name:Reid Ponce
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic

Posted July 14, 2014 - 08:42 PM

Are you saying the intention of FO and Kobe going into this season is to tank? If yes, then maybe, but I don't think Kobe would agree with that. Let's at least see how the first half of the season goes then we should have a better idea of what they are trying to do.

You think Kobe thought "man 25 million?! We are totally gonna win it all next year"???? Because I doubt that happened.

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 08:46 PM

Any word on when his press conference will occur? Anyone? Twitter heads? No reporters with info? Nada?

yo.

#1365 KMC

KMC

Rookie

• 106 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 09:04 PM

You think Kobe thought "man 25 million?! We are totally gonna win it all next year"???? Because I doubt that happened.

Well, don't think Kobe will try for a ring this year, but I think he would test himself and see if he can get the Lakers into the playoffs. He just recovered from his devastating injury from last year, I believe he would try to push himself and see how hard his body can take it.

#1366 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,480 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 14, 2014 - 11:40 PM

Actually quite excited about the Lin deal. Houston giving up that pick is vital, i think, and since they missed out on Bosh+Parsons, i dont think they'll be any better than last year, which means we could be looking at a pick in the early 20s.

Regarding Lin, there's a lot to like as well. He's close to being an average NBA starter at the PG position, which we really haven't had since Fish was in his late 20s - about 100 years ago - and he does a lot of things really well. In addition to that, he's a fan favorite, which is going to keep the Lakers' popularity going up - especially outside the US. Being an expiring deal in 2015 also gives LA a lot of flexibility and depending on the direction next off-season , they could either flip him during the season, let him walk in the offseason or re-sign him.

It's not enough, though and i think even making the playoffs is going to be a major challenge.

#1367 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted July 15, 2014 - 12:20 AM

^ Wrong place? Wrong time? Wrong team? The money the Lakers will make will sure say otherwise.

this isnt 3 years ago people wont flock to see him
Posted Image

#1368 Shiro

Shiro

Rookie

• 393 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 12:34 AM

this isnt 3 years ago people wont flock to see him

Lin is still a pretty popular player and will definitely make the Lakers so change.

Edited by Shiro, July 15, 2014 - 12:34 AM.

#1369 Success@Success@Success

Success@Success@Success

Rookie

• 49 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime Lakers
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 15, 2014 - 05:47 AM

^ Wrong place? Wrong time? Wrong team? The money the Lakers will make will sure say otherwise.this isnt 3 years ago people wont flock to see him

I'm pretty sure the Asian community in southern ca will flock to see him. You can bet on that

#1370 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted July 15, 2014 - 06:01 AM

Actually quite excited about the Lin deal. Houston giving up that pick is vital, i think, and since they missed out on Bosh+Parsons, i dont think they'll be any better than last year, which means we could be looking at a pick in the early 20s.

Regarding Lin, there's a lot to like as well. He's close to being an average NBA starter at the PG position, which we really haven't had since Fish was in his late 20s - about 100 years ago - and he does a lot of things really well. In addition to that, he's a fan favorite, which is going to keep the Lakers' popularity going up - especially outside the US. Being an expiring deal in 2015 also gives LA a lot of flexibility and depending on the direction next off-season , they could either flip him during the season, let him walk in the offseason or re-sign him.

It's not enough, though and i think even making the playoffs is going to be a major challenge.

Houston is going to try and acquire Kevin Love or Rajon Rondo, they are not done. 

#1371 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,933 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted July 15, 2014 - 06:06 AM

While I really don't want the Rockets to acquire Love, I still prefer that to the Cavs acquiring him without giving up Wiggins.

I'm fine with Lebron returning to Cleveland, but I will be mad at the league if the T-Wolves bow down and give up Love to Cleveland without demanding Wiggins in return.  

Houston is going to try and acquire Kevin Love or Rajon Rondo, they are not done. 

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#1372 DaveGrumbles

DaveGrumbles

Rookie

• 232 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba, Big Game James

Posted July 15, 2014 - 06:25 AM

While I really don't want the Rockets to acquire Love, I still prefer that to the Cavs acquiring him without giving up Wiggins.

I'm fine with Lebron returning to Cleveland, but I will be mad at the league if the T-Wolves bow down and give up Love to Cleveland without demanding Wiggins in return.  

Yeah Love in Cleveland with Kyrie, Wiggins, Lebron is a nightmare for the East. I'm actually pulling for Houston getting Love because for some reason I just feel like that relationship would go sideways with Harden & Dwight pretty quick. As it is I think those two are headed for some tension this season anyway

#1373 KMC

KMC

Rookie

• 106 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 06:45 AM

Good luck with that! LOL!!

#1374 KMC

KMC

Rookie

• 106 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 06:53 AM

Yeah Love in Cleveland with Kyrie, Wiggins, Lebron is a nightmare for the East. I'm actually pulling for Houston getting Love because for some reason I just feel like that relationship would go sideways with Harden & Dwight pretty quick. As it is I think those two are headed for some tension this season anyway

Yeah but the thing is why would love go to Houston to play with no Defense Harden and the Dwightmare when he can go to Cleveland and play with Lebron, Kyrie and co. And what would the Timberwolves want from Rockets? They have no trade assets left. Trading with the Timberwolves might net them Wiggins or some other top prospects or drafts if not Wiggins. I personally think they will get Wiggins with the trade.

Edited by KMC, July 15, 2014 - 06:54 AM.

#1375 jason.fxt

jason.fxt

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 06:56 AM

well, houston lost many of their assets.  they had asik and lin on big expiring contracts.  they had parsons on a really cheap contract.  now they have lost all three and all they have gained is the new orleans first round pick.

not sure they have enough to get love or rondo.

#1376 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,773 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 15, 2014 - 09:01 AM

Houston has no means of getting Love or Rondo now.  They bit off more than they could chew this offseason. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#1377 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Rookie

• 789 posts
  • Name:William
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted July 15, 2014 - 09:11 AM

Im starting to hate houston more and more. Even my church friends from houston, when they came here to visit. The moment we played ball, all the LA guys wanted to beat them in basketball so so bad. "Well, we did so it was a good feeling." :)

#1378 KMC

KMC

Rookie

• 106 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 09:48 AM

Im starting to hate houston more and more. Even my church friends from houston, when they came here to visit. The moment we played ball, all the LA guys wanted to beat them in basketball so so bad. "Well, we did so it was a good feeling." :)

Hope the Lakers can sweep the Rockets this year during regular season. At least it will be easy game planning against them, Jeremy knows all too well about their weaknesses.

Edited by KMC, July 15, 2014 - 09:48 AM.

#1379 Naismith

Naismith

Rookie

• 610 posts
  • Fan Since:1971
  • Fav. Laker:Cap

Posted July 15, 2014 - 01:09 PM

Hope the Lakers can sweep the Rockets this year during regular season. At least it will be easy game planning against them, Jeremy knows all too well about their weaknesses.

Knowing what to do and being able to exploit it are two very different things.

#1380 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 782 posts
  • Fan Since:since my dad took me to see "Wilt the Stilt" at the Forum
  • Fav. Laker:whoever wins the next game

Posted July 15, 2014 - 01:11 PM

yes, hopefully the Rockets will be paralyzed with indecision in trying to decide which of the Lakers' weaknesses to exploit...

8 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

FranklinPeanuts