#41 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 02, 2014 - 01:56 PM

23 year old player that is the jack of all trades master of none. Gives max effort on the court.  Needs to mature a bit but that's worth the risk in the teams state.  Do you even watch basketball?

Is it possible for you to ever make a post that doesn't have a weak insult in it? I swear, you must have the testosterone levels of a bull shark.

I asked a simple question. One that I would not have asked if I've never watched Stephenson play. From what I've seen, he looks like an outta control player.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#42 kidpolean

kidpolean

Rookie

• 627 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted July 02, 2014 - 01:56 PM

Lance will get his value and Melo will be overpaid. Perception is everything.

No such thing as overpaying Melo...he is an automatic max player. When you are a top 10 player in the league than you can and most likely will get the max. Why the hell do laker fans think that the only player that should get maxed is Lebron. A elite closer that can drop 30 on any given night gets a max.

Edited by kidpolean, July 02, 2014 - 01:57 PM.

#43 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,317 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted July 02, 2014 - 02:20 PM

Well, if we are going to take a gamble on a young guy and blow a wad, Lance is as good a bet as anyone available.

Debbie Downer

#44 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,331 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 02:24 PM

If we miss on melo if LOVE a Bledsoe and Stephenson tandem in the backcourt

Defense and running
Posted Image

#45 Shiro

Shiro

Rookie

• 738 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 02:30 PM

I don't care for some his actions on court too much, but he would be a nice piece to help move us forward after Kobe is gone along with another free agent.

#46 Ring Chaser

Ring Chaser

Rookie

• 793 posts
  • Name:Gamertag: BAD JuJu x
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Russell Westbrook

Posted July 02, 2014 - 02:44 PM

i can see it now....Lance Stephenson swung on Kobe Bryant during practice. Lance don't take shyyt from no one.

Join the movement and follow me on Twitter! @dapper_actual

"It’s easy to look at the box score and say 37 shots. But you don’t see how hard I was working to get easy opportunities." Kobe Bryant

#47 dyls5

dyls5

Rookie

• 414 posts
  • Name:Dylan
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 02, 2014 - 02:46 PM

That's not bad honestly and a pretty solid bench along with the starting lineup.   I'd imagine that's what the Lakers will go for if they are unable to land LeBron or Carmelo and it's not a bad alternative, in many ways you could argue it's a better one. 

I honestly think signing Lance and Lowry or Lance and Bledsoe will be better for us than if we just spent all our money on Melo. The first option gives us a young up and coming kid who still hasn't mastered his game yet and also a hard nosed veteran who has proven himself to be a quality point guard. Or if we sign Bledsoe instead of Lowry it gives us another young guy who we can build around in the future.

#48 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,106 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 02, 2014 - 02:47 PM

As I don't think the Lakers are offering Melo the max they could land Melo and Lance if they wanted to.  Lakers have 26 million in cap right now. If they paid 15-17 million for Melo they'd still have enough for Lance. 

I'll advocate for Melo to the Lakers but NOT for the max contract worth.    Lance I think can be had for somewhere in the 9-10m range. 

Edited by Majesty, July 02, 2014 - 02:48 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#49 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,013 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 02, 2014 - 02:50 PM

As I don't think the Lakers are offering Melo the max they could land Melo and Lance if they wanted to.  Lakers have 26 million in cap right now. If they paid 15-17 million for Melo they'd still have enough for Lance. 

I was thinking about that earlier, but that most likely shifts Lance to PG. Unless we relegate Randle to the bench and run a core of Kobe/Lance/Melo.

#50 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,392 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 02, 2014 - 03:03 PM

Lance could get as much as 12, our best chance is Lance and Bledsoe for 12 each, which is doubtful

We got 24 tops, without stretching Nash

So I think we should prepare for Ariza and Pau at a combined 22

#51 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Off The Bench

• 1,592 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 02, 2014 - 03:05 PM

Box him up! I'll take him.

#52 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,504 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 02, 2014 - 03:20 PM

Elite closer?  How about actually being an elite player?  He's simply a bad fit for a team serious about contending with only 7 guys currently on the roster...

No such thing as overpaying Melo...he is an automatic max player. When you are a top 10 player in the league than you can and most likely will get the max. Why the hell do laker fans think that the only player that should get maxed is Lebron. A elite closer that can drop 30 on any given night gets a max.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#53 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,504 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 02, 2014 - 03:21 PM

Lance and Bled are a bit redundant to me.  I'd rather have Lance and another guard that can stretch the floor well.  Lance and Thomas is a better fit to me

Lance could get as much as 12, our best chance is Lance and Bledsoe for 12 each, which is doubtful

We got 24 tops, without stretching Nash

So I think we should prepare for Ariza and Pau at a combined 22

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#54 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,392 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 03:35 PM

Lance and Bled are a bit redundant to me.  I'd rather have Lance and another guard that can stretch the floor well.  Lance and Thomas is a better fit to me

Thomas, if you take away his contract season, is a 4 million dollar player

He will get 8 judging by what I've seen in these signings thus far

#55 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,290 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted July 02, 2014 - 03:43 PM

Wouldn't be upset

#56 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,943 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 02, 2014 - 03:43 PM

Thomas, if you take away his contract season, is a 4 million dollar player

He will get 8 judging by what I've seen in these signings thus far

You mean the one season he was the undisputed starting PG getting starter minuets and ran the offense? Thomas can hoop and is certainly worth that 8 mil a year. I mean one more mill a year then what Meeks got and Meeks is no where near the player thomas is.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#57 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,392 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 03:47 PM

Meeks was worth 3 million

thomas' size is a liability on defense AND  once he loses a step, he'll no longer be as effective

Do you know how many point guards i have to get to before I say thomas

No guy in the latter half  of the league  as far as starters go should be paid big bucks

He is not Top 15 at his position

#58 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,331 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 03:50 PM

Thomas isn't bad if you can't get Bledsoe

I just like Bledsoe because he's bigger, stronger and a much better defender

You put lance and Bledsoe in the backcourt and you will terrorize opposing teams

Not to mention your fastbreak game with Bledsoe, Stephenson and randle would be unstoppable.

Hill
Randle
Kobe
Stephenson
Bledsoe

That teams makes the playoffs on defense alone plus Bledsoe and Stephenson both have a ton of room to grow with your rookie randle.

A contender? No

But in 3-4 years when Bledsoe, Stephenson and randle are all entering their primes?

Maybe.

But we'll see. Imagine sliding a max slot player into a team with those 3 going into their primes
Posted Image

#59 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,943 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 02, 2014 - 03:51 PM

Meeks was worth 3 million

thomas' size is a liability on defense AND  once he loses a step, he'll no longer be as effective

Do you know how many point guards i have to get to before I say thomas

No guy in the latter half  of the league  as far as starters go should be paid big bucks

He is not Top 15 at his position

20/6/3 on 45% shooting from the field and 35% from 3. And a PER of 20.5. There are 15 pg's out there with better stats than that? I don't think so. Thomas had a hell of a season last season, and it was his first season really being the PG and guy. Is it possible he just balled out to get a better deal and played out of his mind? I suppose, but even in that case there weren't 15 better pg's than him. He was a top ten pg last year.

And I was referring to the deal Meeks just got from detroit.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#60 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,392 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 03:59 PM

20/6/3 on 45% shooting from the field and 35% from 3. And a PER of 20.5. There are 15 pg's out there with better stats than that? I don't think so. Thomas had a hell of a season last season, and it was his first season really being the PG and guy. Is it possible he just balled out to get a better deal and played out of his mind? I suppose, but even in that case there weren't 15 better pg's than him. He was a top ten pg last year.

And I was referring to the deal Meeks just got from detroit.

I know

Better pgs than Thomas

Lowry

Dragic

Bledsoe

Cp3

Curry

Westbrook

Lillard

Parker

Irving

John Wall