490 replies to this topic

#21 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,477 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:53 PM

Gordon Hayward just got offered a max deal.  Avery Bradley just got a 4 year 32M.  Lance is better than Bradley for sure and is arguably as good or better than Hayward.  Him and Randle in 2 years sound like good money to me lol

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#22 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,068 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:55 PM

Lance will make em dance lance will make em dance

#23 RickyStarFox

RickyStarFox

Rookie

• 744 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:56 PM

The biggest thing is that we'll finally have some young talent on the Team to attract higher tier FA's down the line.

This is how Houston suddenly became toast of the town.

All they had was Parsons-Lin-Asik before, then after they added Harden (who balled out) all of a sudden they're one of the prime destinations.  If we're lucky we'll have similar luck with Lance if we sign him.

#24 dyls5

dyls5

Rookie

• 414 posts
  • Name:Dylan
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:58 PM

Lance is only 23 and will only improve his game and get better. I believe he would be a great signing for the future. Like Jody said, in two years time you will have a 25 year old Lance who will hopefully be in his prime and also a 21 year old Julius Randle who will also be bigger and stronger. It could possibly be a very good young core to have. The Lakers need to go with youth right now and Lance is a perfect age for them to sign him at.

#25 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,243 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:58 PM

Mitch is like 3 years 27 million Lance aaaaand I have a Coke contracts, mcdonalds contact, your own billboard and a new State Farm commercial contract lined up for you lol

#26 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 02, 2014 - 01:01 PM

Lance is only 23 and will only improve his game and get better. I believe he would be a great signing for the future. Like Jody said, in two years time you will have a 25 year old Lance who will hopefully be in his prime and also a 21 year old Julius Randle who will also be bigger and stronger. It could possibly be a very good young core to have. The Lakers need to go with youth right now and Lance is a perfect age for them to sign him at.

And that is the kind of thing that as has been said Houston did pull off going into the free agency. 

The 25 year old Lance Stephenson and the 21 year old Julius Randle would be part of the Lakers core going into the 2016 off-season when Durant is a free agent and Kobe's contract is off the books and he will likely retire and we will have been a dark horse team during Kobe's final 2 years with that kind of core.  And there's the "timing" the Lakers are looking for. 

Edited by Majesty, July 02, 2014 - 01:01 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#27 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,028 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted July 02, 2014 - 01:03 PM

Yes Yes and Yes 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#28 RickyStarFox

RickyStarFox

Rookie

• 744 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 01:04 PM

[expletive] Melo, sign Lance.

If we don't do it now he'll be gone by Thursday's meeting with Anthony.

#29 dyls5

dyls5

Rookie

• 414 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 01:08 PM

I know it's stretch but Lance, Lowry, Kobe and Randle would be an awesome line up to watch. Those guys would just bully whoever is in front of them lol.

#30 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,477 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 01:08 PM

But you'd rather this team dick around the next 2 years capped out with Melo and the next 2 years with him at the end of career being overpaid like Pau is right now...

And that is the kind of thing that as has been said Houston did pull off going into the free agency. 

The 25 year old Lance Stephenson and the 21 year old Julius Randle would be part of the Lakers core going into the 2016 off-season when Durant is a free agent and Kobe's contract is off the books and he will likely retire and we will have been a dark horse team during Kobe's final 2 years with that kind of core.  And there's the "timing" the Lakers are looking for. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#31 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,079 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 01:11 PM

But you'd rather this team dick around the next 2 years capped out with Melo and the next 2 years with him at the end of career being overpaid like Pau is right now...

You need to stop the BS Jody. 

Nowhere in any incarnation of the Lakers getting Carmelo do I ever have them paying Melo the max.  Just stop. 

#32 RickyStarFox

RickyStarFox

Rookie

• 744 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 01:19 PM

I know it's stretch but Lance, Lowry, Kobe and Randle would be an awesome line up to watch. Those guys would just bully whoever is in front of them lol.

Hell yea, lets do this and just let Pau walk if he doesn't wanna take a hefty paycut.

#33 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,079 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 01:24 PM

Lowry, Kobe, Randle and Lance is something the Lakers could most definitely afford.  Depending on what contract they move you could also add Monroe to that depending on how far Detroit is willing to go.  I'd just worry about his defense in the grand scheme of things.   And according to Ramona the Lakers are definitely looking at Monroe. 

Edited by Majesty, July 02, 2014 - 01:27 PM.

#34 dyls5

dyls5

Rookie

• 414 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 01:31 PM

It gives them a good mix of youth and experience. After watching Lowry extensively during the season, he is definitely a guy you can rely on at the point. He carried the Raptors on his shoulders many times during the season and you could tell it wore him out for the playoffs. Put him on a team with Kobe and Lance then he can focus on his defense while also contributing on the offensive side. Only problem I see is defense at the power forward and centre position.

#35 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,079 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 01:36 PM

It gives them a good mix of youth and experience. After watching Lowry extensively during the season, he is definitely a guy you can rely on at the point. He carried the Raptors on his shoulders many times during the season and you could tell it wore him out for the playoffs. Put him on a team with Kobe and Lance then he can focus on his defense while also contributing on the offensive side. Only problem I see is defense at the power forward and centre position.

Yes, a 4/5 combination of Randle and Monroe would be physically imposing but would potentially be lacking defensively as Greg Monroe(at least at the 4) hasn't been much of a defender. 

A team of 

Lowry
Kobe
Stephenson
Randle
Monroe 

And a bench of 
Marshall/Clarkson

DeAndre Kane
Nick Young / Xavier Henry
Ryan Kelly
Robert Sacre/ someone from summer league(either Mbakwe or Xavier) 

That's not bad honestly and a pretty solid bench along with the starting lineup.   I'd imagine that's what the Lakers will go for if they are unable to land LeBron or Carmelo and it's not a bad alternative, in many ways you could argue it's a better one. 

#36 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,772 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 02, 2014 - 01:38 PM

I like the idea of Lance I have no questions about his game just his attitude. However, if he channels that into his game rather than having any off the court problems he will become even a better player.

Also, I see a lot of people talk about Monroe, you guys do know he is looking for a max deal, or at least that is what I last heard. Even in a league lacking big men that is way too much money for a player of his caliber.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#37 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted July 02, 2014 - 01:45 PM

What's so great about Lance Stephenson?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#38 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,477 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 01:47 PM

Lance will get his value and Melo will be overpaid.  Perception is everything. 

#39 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,477 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 01:48 PM

23 year old player that is the jack of all trades master of none. Gives max effort on the court.  Needs to mature a bit but that's worth the risk in the teams state.  Do you even watch basketball?

#40 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,079 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 01:48 PM

Wait this is a trick question cause its Windu..

um.....

What is... "He isn't Pau Gasol."? 

:) 

Edited by Majesty, July 02, 2014 - 01:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users