Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,925 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:02 PM

Lance Stephenson Being Courted by Lakers

hi-res-4a28a3e83e854dac70dd22b60abf1d50_

Following all of the antics and buffoonery, Stephenson is still a great player on the court. Though the Indiana Pacers clearly wanted to keep him with the franchise for the future, he might have other plans.

Chris Broussard of ESPN The Magazine notes that the Pacers "offered a five-year, $44 million contract to Stephenson, but sources said the versatile shooting guard believes he's worth much more." One team's loss might be another's gain if the Pacers can't come to an agreement.

This is where the Lakers come in. Los Angeles reportedly are one of a few teams to contact Stephenson's agent

"Several clubs have reached out to Stephenson's agent, Alberto Ebanks, to register their interest, most notably the Los Angeles Lakers and Chicago Bulls, according to sources. [...]

While money is a factor, Stephenson will not simply go to the highest bidder, sources said. He wants to go to a team that is either a contender or a competitive up-and-coming club."

Coming off a year where he averaged career highs with 13.8 points, 7.2 rebounds and 4.6 assists, Stephenson clearly won't come cheap. But with the Lakers seeing opportunity to build with Stephenson at the guard position, they might have a young, rising star to help lead their offense for the future.
http://bleacherrepor...edium=br_lakers

Have fun. 

Edited by Majesty, July 02, 2014 - 12:03 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,425 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:05 PM

Well since we aren't a contender and we aren't an up and coming team, we don't meet Lance's criterion. 

#3 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 976 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Robert Horry

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:08 PM

I would love to have Lance on the team. He plays with heart and passion. I have no choice but to respect that and he wont back down to no one. That's what we need.

#4 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

The Man With Double Picks

• 1,468 posts
  • Name:Alex
  • Fan Since:My Birth
  • Fav. Laker:BlackMamba-Magic-Queensbridge

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:10 PM

Depends on the money he actually wants, in my opinion.

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

You see this little hole? This moth's just about to emerge. It's in there right now, struggling. It's digging it's way through the thick hide of the cocoon. Now, I could help it - take my knife, gently widen the opening, and the moth would be free - but it would be too weak to survive. Struggle is nature's way of strengthening it." - John Locke

#5 kidpolean

kidpolean

Rookie

• 416 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:16 PM

I'd give him whatever he wants as long as its not completely ridiculous. We have no pick next year, and our roster consists of three players two of which are overpayed and coming off of injuries. We need players to attract players. Tanking makes no sense when you don't have a first round pick. We need to use all our cap on two year deals, so that we are in the same position when Kobe's contract up except that we will have picks and more cap. But I don't understand why people are against giving out big contracts in our current situation. Why save cap room? Nobody will come to the worst team in the league just because we have the money to pay them. Because of the fact that we have no pick next year, 8th seed and 1st round exit is better than tanking.

#6 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,674 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:20 PM

I would give him $10-$12mil for 2 years.

2div

#7 Ring Chaser

Ring Chaser

Rookie

• 507 posts
  • Name:they call me smoov
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:TBD

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:20 PM

we've been hearing this.unless we plan on overpaying him he's not singing with us. simple as that.

and just the idea of lance and kobe on the same team. :smh:

Edited by smoov123y, July 02, 2014 - 12:21 PM.

Join the movement and follow me on Twitter! @thisguyhere89

#8 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

O' Canada!

• 1,244 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:23 PM

Please, no.

#9 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,925 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:27 PM

Depends.  Lakers could offer him 9 as 8.8 is too little for him.  You can also backload the contract to cost less the first year and more in the coming years if you wanted.  two years 9 million with a player option on the 3rd year 11 million would work in my opinion. 

That's a potential 3 year 29 million dollar deal.   That is something he'd likely agree to.    

At that point the Lakers will need to do one of two things. They'll need to unload Nash's contract, or they'd need to start signing smaller pieces as signing Lance(barring them also unloading Nash's contract at some point) puts them out of play for the combination of LeBron and Carmelo, but at the same time gets the attention of other free agents that may see the Lakers as a team truly building for the future. 

Lance Stephenson and Julius Randle going forward as a young core is not a bad prospect, not a bad prospect at all.  You very well could add a "big time" free agent to that as well, but at the same time it isn't as much of a desperate pitch as the Lakers will look to be moving forward with or without LeBron or Carmelo and that may mean a lot in terms of negotiation but also in terms of franchise direction and in the long run that may mean a lot more.  And would also make some of the free agents we have that may ask to be overpaid because they feel like the Lakers only true option a bit more skeptical about asking for it.  Because if we have Lance, they may not want to pull an Ariza. 

#10 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,378 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:28 PM

Yes, please. 

#11 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,990 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:31 PM

Candace Buckner

As I was told by team source re: offer to Lance: "If it ain’t enough, it ain’t enough." #Pacers #coldhardtruth

she broke the CJ miles story too, btw

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,925 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:33 PM

Thing is when the Pacers turnaround and sign CJ Miles it makes you wonder if they've already moved on from trying to sign Lance. 

#13 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,290 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:40 PM

#14 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,269 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:41 PM

Hell Yeah.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#15 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,378 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:43 PM

Thing is when the Pacers turnaround and sign CJ Miles it makes you wonder if they've already moved on from trying to sign Lance. 

Not sure how much CJ Miles got but I'm not sure if that was purely for depth or to start. My initial guess was depth.

#16 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,911 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:45 PM

He's a guy I'd overpay a little for 2 years, if we strike out elsewhere. 

I would give him $10-$12mil for 2 years.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#17 RickyStarFox

RickyStarFox

Rookie

• 738 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:46 PM

I  say we sign him.

People are either mad we're not signing anyone or turning up their nose at the actual FA's we have a chance at landing, lol.

This is how we're gonna end up paying Swaggy 44 mil if you guys keep up that attitude.

#18 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Rookie

• 531 posts
  • Name:William
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:48 PM

I hope he's not one of those guys that will not play hard enough after signing that big contract. Roy hibbert did that to them and it showed this year. Last year, he played really hard then got the fat contract but no where to be found all of a sudden.

#19 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,227 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:48 PM

I get the feeling he's just playing the Lakers for leverage against Indiana.

Posted Image

#20 Ring Chaser

Ring Chaser

Rookie

• 507 posts
  • Name:they call me smoov
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:TBD

Posted July 02, 2014 - 12:49 PM

51/4yr deal. 12.7 a year

Best believe Lance will be paid.

Join the movement and follow me on Twitter! @thisguyhere89