Photo

Does Kendall Marshall have a future with the Lakers?

• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

#41 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted June 28, 2014 - 09:00 PM

Did Kendall steal your girl?

We've been through this already. Hes a trash player, talentless, efortless. Id rather take back Smush Parker. 

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#42 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,470 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

I think his ceiling is as a backup.

He's limited in a ton of ways, but he's young and this year was his first real chance. I wouldn't just throw him away, especially when there isn't a better option.

#43 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,338 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Its been debunked several times that Marshall is going to pile up assists no matter what system he's in. 

It's more than just assists. For those that watched the games, Kendall Marshall exhibited exemplary court vision. Whether in transition, to an open cutter, to a perimeter player...you name it. He would often end up with 7-10 assists and have to sit out the entire 4th quarter per MDA's decision. 

He would be great coming off the bench and finding open teammates.

#44 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,622 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 28, 2014 - 09:07 PM

Did Kendall steal your girl?

He's mad that his friend got in trouble with the coach at UNC and Kendall starts in front of him.   He really has no reason to hate on Kendall but he blames Kendall for what the coach did because his friend isn't in the NBA and he can't let it go.  Just ignore him when it comes to Kendall Marshall.   

The best thing was when he was hating on Kendall at the celtics game against Rondo and Kendall hit the game winner and had a 19/14 game and hit the game winner.  

He really just speaks from being mad his friend isn't in the NBA but he blames Kendall for the coach's decision so it's just best to ignore him. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#45 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts

Posted June 28, 2014 - 09:20 PM

He's mad that his friend got in trouble with the coach at UNC and Kendall starts in front of him.   He really has no reason to hate on Kendall but he blames Kendall for what the coach did because his friend isn't in the NBA and he can't let it go.  Just ignore him when it comes to Kendall Marshall.   

The best thing was when he was hating on Kendall at the celtics game against Rondo and Kendall hit the game winner and had a 19/14 game and hit the game winner.  

He really just speaks from being mad his friend isn't in the NBA but he blames Kendall for the coach's decision so it's just best to ignore him. 

dude what the [expletive] are you talking about? 

Im talking about the way Marshall plays basketball has nothing to do with personal life. You are an idiot. 

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#46 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,338 posts

Posted June 28, 2014 - 09:27 PM

dude what the [expletive] are you talking about? 

Im talking about the way Marshall plays basketball has nothing to do with personal life. You are an idiot. 

"Hes a trash player, talentless, efortless." 

That's not talking about the way Marshall plays basketball, man. Either it's hate or you clearly haven't seen him play. 

#47 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,541 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted June 28, 2014 - 09:30 PM

We've been through this already. Hes a trash player, talentless, efortless. Id rather take back Smush Parker. 

lol backup your claims.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#48 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 28, 2014 - 09:32 PM

Haha.

#49 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts

Posted June 28, 2014 - 09:53 PM

"Hes a trash player, talentless, efortless." 

That's not talking about the way Marshall plays basketball, man. Either it's hate or you clearly haven't seen him play. 

then what is that talking about?

jpg2mw.jpg

#50 Naismith

Naismith

Rookie

• 610 posts
  • Fan Since:1971
  • Fav. Laker:Cap

Posted June 28, 2014 - 10:07 PM

It's more than just assists. For those that watched the games, Kendall Marshall exhibited exemplary court vision. Whether in transition, to an open cutter, to a perimeter player...you name it. He would often end up with 7-10 assists and have to sit out the entire 4th quarter per MDA's decision. 

He would be great coming off the bench and finding open teammates.

Marshall is very good pass first guard but he's got to step up that crappy defense of his. He's also got to be much more decisive pulling the trigger on open looks. He's got some skills but not enough to be a big minutes contributor, and frankly if it was not for the fact that he plays for chewing gum and lint he would not be in the NBA.

He's young so he can improve his fg% and ft%, but he's got to get to the friggin line. He needs to score 8 -10 points in addition to making good passes. He doesn't need to defer as often as he does and that is a confidence issue. He's slow and unathletic to boot. He's the product of a strained cap and lack of tradeable assets to upgrade at the one.

He's a good kid and I hope he can elevate his game but currently he's a one dimensional player with no defensive skills, and not as valuable to the team as his early success might imply.

#51 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,384 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted June 29, 2014 - 03:19 AM

Lol
EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#52 MrRJ

MrRJ

Rookie

• 952 posts
  • Name:Raymond Perez
  • Fan Since:I was born

Posted June 29, 2014 - 04:19 AM

then what is that talking about?

Well it's either hate or sarcasm when you say you'd rather have smush parker. Take your pick.

Edited by MrRJ, June 29, 2014 - 04:19 AM.

#53 WeNeedVanExcel

WeNeedVanExcel

Rookie

• 383 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 29, 2014 - 05:53 AM

I'm expecting much more than an average player at such an important position in the WC that is littered with great pg's. Do you want to have a bottom 3rd pg league for another decade and wonder why your team doesn't win and gets embarrassed nightly by other teams floor leaders? I played the position thru college and any one who tries to de-value how vital they are just don't understand the game very well. Sure I go to sleep hoping the Lakers draft and develop an elite pg or just find a way to get one in free agency. Most other teams have one or are much closer to having one than we have been in many many years. Is that just a coincidence?

Marshall can, at 40%. That was already stated.
 That's correct, not every player we have has to be an all-star. That's my point, so I'm not quite sure why you're expecting so much more at the PG position.

#54 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,173 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted June 29, 2014 - 06:08 AM

I really want Bledsoe. He'd be so perfect for us. If we're able to move Nash we could get Bledsoe, melo and then re-sign Pau and our bench. IMO this is my dream scenario this offseason if we don't get lebron.

Bledsoe/Clarkson/Marshall
Kobe/Meeks/Xavier
Melo/Young
Randle/Kelly or hill
Pau/kaman or hill/Sacre

#55 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,447 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 29, 2014 - 06:48 AM

Not a fan. 

His defense is bad. Very bad. Lakers were worse defensively when he was on the court and opponents burned him on a nightly basis. 

His shooting is suspect. Sure, he hit 40% from 3 for the first time in his career, but his shot looks weird and it has "fluke" written all over it. His true shooting percentage also suggest that he isn't much of a shooter. 

He is unable to get to the line and only hit 0.4 FT / game, which is ridiculous. 

Generally, i think Marshall is the wrong type of PG for next season's Lakers. With Kobe not being the defender that he used to be and with Randle, who isn't much of a defender either, i think getting a two-way PG who can hold his own against opposing team's PGs and who can spread the floor is key. Marshall is not that guy. 

#56 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,049 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted June 29, 2014 - 07:31 AM

I'm expecting much more than an average player at such an important position in the WC that is littered with great pg's. Do you want to have a bottom 3rd pg league for another decade and wonder why your team doesn't win and gets embarrassed nightly by other teams floor leaders? I played the position thru college and any one who tries to de-value how vital they are just don't understand the game very well. Sure I go to sleep hoping the Lakers draft and develop an elite pg or just find a way to get one in free agency. Most other teams have one or are much closer to having one than we have been in many many years. Is that just a coincidence?

To be somewhat fair...Mitch first got us CP3, then at the time a still very good Steve Nash (arguable top 3-4 in league at time of trade before injury).

I really hope he can do it again as PG is still my favorite position to cheer and the most talent rich by far of any position currently in the league

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!)

#57 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,506 posts

Posted June 29, 2014 - 07:36 AM

lets just find a way to get rondo by any means necessary and get it over with

bw1wOGf.png

#58 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,311 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted June 29, 2014 - 08:55 AM

hope he stays!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#59 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,079 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted June 29, 2014 - 09:01 AM

I hope he stays too. Kendall is one good PG 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#60 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,620 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted June 29, 2014 - 09:09 AM

And then what? Have a terrible outside shooting backcourt? A 29 year old PG coming off an ACL tear that needs to be reupped for a big contract?  There are other less expensive and just as effective options out there. 

lets just find a way to get rondo by any means necessary and get it over with

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users