#421 ajaxjs

ajaxjs

Rookie

• 188 posts
  • Name:Jack Clifford
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq

Posted September 16, 2014 - 03:24 PM

Everyone flames out. But I think if you measured the flaming out from first taken to last taken, you'd see a direct correlation in the higher you were drafted, flaming out less. Although, I think the actual peak (cause of course some dude actually researched this at one time) is in the 5-7 range, IIRC. I think it's because so many of those guys have the skills but not the ego necessary to become reliable bench riders.

#422 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,141 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 18, 2014 - 04:35 AM

Jordan Clarkson: The Work Never Stops

before his last season of college, pretty nice work I'd say, watch till the end.  Glad he fixed his shot this off-season where he doesn't have that low release point anymore.

Edited by Majesty, September 18, 2014 - 04:41 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#423 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,170 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 18, 2014 - 06:37 AM

Hope the kid gets some quality minutes this season....and hopefully not because of injury to Nash.

One of the things i'm looking most forward to...

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#424 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,875 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 18, 2014 - 03:38 PM

Again, I like this kid

#425 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Rookie

• 797 posts
  • Name:William
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 18, 2014 - 06:08 PM

I guess the word is "the work never stops" thats always nice to hear specially from a player whos barely starting in the league.

#426 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,141 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 07:56 PM

Jordan Clarkson Offensive Highlights and strengths

Nash's ability to have a significant role in the Lakers' rotation remains in question, which potentially leaves Jordan Clarkson in the role of leader of the team's reserve unit. Despite the uncertainty about his ability to take control of that role right away, the rookie guard has shown flashes of being the type of player we haven't seen in a Lakers' uniform in years. As showcased during his time with Missouri and most recently in Summer League, Clarkson immediately jumps out at you because of the high-energy approach he brings to every possession. As the majority of young back-court talent tend to struggle to find their "comfort level" with their new team, it appears that Clarkson won't be sharing those same concerns. Here's a three-minute compilation highlighting Clarkson's offensive talent:

Clarkson's offensive approach is centered around aggression and ability to cut to the rim on a consistent basis. That approach was at center stage during his Summer League stint as he utilized his speed and stellar ball-handling skills to easily work his way through the opposition. Once he's in the paint, he can control his athletic 6'6" frame to get an easier look around the rim.

In addition to Clarkson's ability to score around the rim, he also appears to have a knack for drawing contact that puts him at the charity stripe. During the prior season with Missouri, he averaged around six free-throw attempts per game.

When you get away from that tremendous level of aggression and consistency in getting to the rim, Clarkson's work away from the paint can be seen as a potential issue. At Missouri, he struggled with his perimeter jumper. However, he does seem to have some success from the 3-point line as he showed in his Summer League stint.

With Clarkson aboard, the team will have a point guard who's comfortable with high-energy play who is a solid ball-handler on a team that's filled with perimeter shooters. In that role, Clarkson's ability to cut to the paint will help pull the opposition's attention away from the perimeter, which will allow him to kick it out to an open shooter.

Jordan Clarkson may very well remain an unrecognized name in the Lakers' rotation, but he'll definitely be a unique and exciting player to watch during the upcoming season. As I said, though the immediate outlook may be dreary, Jordan Clarkson may be that "diamond in the rough" player who helps you remain optimistic, even in challenging and tough times.
http://www.silverscr...jordan-clarkson

Edited by Majesty, September 18, 2014 - 07:57 PM.

#427 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,141 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:08 PM

Bx8i2w8CcAE_MQ4.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic