#301 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,274 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted July 17, 2014 - 05:54 AM

clarkson is our biggest steal since last few years

soo excited to finally see him on court in LA in october..

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#302 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,380 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 11:56 AM

Jordan Clarkson Turns Heads at Summer League

Not sure the rules on posting articles here but here is a portion:

Lottery pick Julius Randle wasn't the only Lakers rookie turning heads at Las Vegas Summer League.

Teammate Jordan Clarkson, whose rights were acquired by the Lakers on Draft Night from Washington, and who was then selected with the 46th overall pick, finished an impressive week in Sin City where he led the Lakers summer league squad in scoring at 15.8 points per game, to go along with a team-high 5.0 rebounds.

Link for the rest: http://www.nba.com/l...on_summerleague

#303 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,918 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 21, 2014 - 11:59 AM

I wish there was a way I could filter out any post HYPEING up lakers 2nd round picks...

#304 thetruthteller

thetruthteller

Rookie

• 20 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 12:18 PM

Clarkson did have a few good games. And played well overall. But, before the draft, on another site ( LG )...i was all over

Tennessee SG Jordan Mcrae. I loved this kids length, and his ability to get to the FT line. There were some draft sites that didn't even have this kid being drafted. And I was praying that would happen so hopefully Mitch would have signed him as a undrafted free agent. But alas...the Spurs selected him, and then dealt him to the Sixers. And all Mcrae did was be the leading scorer in the summer league for pure rookies ( 3rd overall )...shot well above 50 %, and average over 2 steals a game, and attempt 43 FT in 4 games played.

I like Clarkson yes...but Mcrae is easily better then he is.

#305 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,465 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 21, 2014 - 12:59 PM

By my estimation - after signing Young - Lakers should have $507k left in cap room - enough to sign Clarkson to a greater than 2 year deal

The advantage to signing a rookie to a 3-yr vs. 2-yr deal - avoids issues re-signing a player if they pan out with just early bird rights

#306 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 22, 2014 - 10:44 AM

Clarkson did have a few good games. And played well overall. But, before the draft, on another site ( LG )...i was all over

Tennessee SG Jordan Mcrae. I loved this kids length, and his ability to get to the FT line. There were some draft sites that didn't even have this kid being drafted. And I was praying that would happen so hopefully Mitch would have signed him as a undrafted free agent. But alas...the Spurs selected him, and then dealt him to the Sixers. And all Mcrae did was be the leading scorer in the summer league for pure rookies ( 3rd overall )...shot well above 50 %, and average over 2 steals a game, and attempt 43 FT in 4 games played.

I like Clarkson yes...but Mcrae is easily better then he is.

how so? because he had better stats in summer league?  :smh:

summer league is mostly about showcasing skills and it doesn't really matter if you dominate or put up better stats.

both players will probably end up fighting for minute.

Edited by Ham, July 22, 2014 - 10:47 AM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users