So doea Randle

These are not high basketball IQ rookies, they are just rookies

i will say though...I see some assets accumulating over the next couple years

#282 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kara no Kyoukai

• 8,464 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 10:30 PM

You are one of the most confusing posters to me. I can never tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

:laughing:

I'm fairly certain you're not the only one who feels that way. 

MMiRi9s.png

#283 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Rookie

• 742 posts
  • Name:William
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 14, 2014 - 11:39 PM

even if he goes 0/24 the rest of the summer league, I'll still take him over marshall.

This 3 games alone already proved us, that he is way better than marshall.

#284 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,412 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted July 14, 2014 - 11:44 PM

This 3 games alone already proved us, that he is way better than marshall.

No. It didn't.
EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#285 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Rookie

• 742 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 11:49 PM

No. It didn't.

Haha ok.. How much did he pay you to say that clarkson is not better than marshall? Sure if you say so.

#286 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,412 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted July 15, 2014 - 12:38 AM

Haha ok.. How much did he pay you to say that clarkson is not better than marshall? Sure if you say so.

Clarkson has played a few SL games and now he's better than Marshall? What kind of logic is that?

When we see what he can give us in actual games and how he can contribute, then we can say he is better than a player who was our best point guard last season and actually did something.

I don't care about no [expletive] summer league. Lol.
EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#287 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,189 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted July 15, 2014 - 04:58 AM

Summer league is no indication of anything for an NBA player. He looks good in summer league and has a chance to make the squad, that is all.

#288 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,639 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 15, 2014 - 05:04 AM

Josh Selby killed it in the SL a few years ago...we see how that ended up.  Lets wait til he plays in the NBA to make a real assessment of him

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#289 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,319 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted July 15, 2014 - 07:10 AM

nice tip in man!!!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#290 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,446 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 07:54 AM

Jordan Clarkson looks like a steal but like some said, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Many players before him looked great in the summer league but did nothing in the actual NBA.

Just like if he did awful in the summer league, doing great can't hold a lot of weight.

That said, I'm stoked for this guy. I think he's going to be good one day:

#291 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Rookie

• 742 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 08:06 AM

Clarkson has played a few SL games and now he's better than Marshall? What kind of logic is that?

When we see what he can give us in actual games and how he can contribute, then we can say he is better than a player who was our best point guard last season and actually did something.

I don't care about no [expletive] summer league. Lol.

The best PG last year doesnt mean he is better than clarkson. Im not thrashing marshall but that dude gets burned all the time when he's on the floor. I have my opinion about him and you have yours. We dont have to fight over this none sense. If you like him as our PG thats fine and you dont have to disagree with my opinion just to prove your point. :)

Just chill out man, you dont have to react all hardcore with my opinion because my team is also your team. We can have disagreements without fighting and throwing harsh words.

#292 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 1,006 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Robert Horry

Posted July 15, 2014 - 08:37 AM

Clarkson could be our own Ginobili if we let him get minutes and let him learn under kobe. But I just have a weird feeling we will [expletive] this opportunity up.

#293 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Rookie

• 742 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 08:52 AM

Clarkson could be our own Ginobili if we let him get minutes and let him learn under kobe. But I just have a weird feeling we will [expletive] this opportunity up.

I never thought of that ginobili comparison but i do hope you are right. In the past, our rookies never really blossomed because phil never really trusted them to play a whole lot so im very possitive about this one. Man if he can be just half of manu, id be pretty happy and content.

#294 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 1,006 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 08:58 AM

I never thought of that ginobili comparison but i do hope you are right. In the past, our rookies never really blossomed because phil never really trusted them to play a whole lot so im very possitive about this one. Man if he can be just half of manu, id be pretty happy and content.

Exactly if he could consistently come in and provide a offensive spark and keep the defense on their toes getting to the rim and hitting 3s we will have our Jamal Crawford/Ginobili. We just have to give him the green light coming off the bench and also kobe has to let the kid do his thing and not be a dick.

#295 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Rookie

• 742 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 09:04 AM

Exactly if he could consistently come in and provide a offensive spark and keep the defense on their toes getting to the rim and hitting 3s we will have our Jamal Crawford/Ginobili. We just have to give him the green light coming off the bench and also kobe has to let the kid do his thing and not be a dick.

Haha you made my laugh about the whole kobe being kobe coz i had a dream about meeting kobe in person and even in my dream, he was big richard. :)

#296 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 1,006 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 09:09 AM

Haha you made my laugh about the whole kobe being kobe coz i had a dream about meeting kobe in person and even in my dream, he was big richard. :)

Yes kobe has the tendency to be a butthole. He just needs to take the kid under his wing teach him how to post up and hit a turn around jumper and we could have a 6th man of the year player.

#297 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,686 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 15, 2014 - 10:56 AM

Marshall had some pretty awesome plays last game as well as a few clutch moments and defensive plays that got us in that position. Both him and Clarkson played well.  Marshall seemed to finally get the chemistry clicking with his teammates and understanding whom he's out there with.  That's harder than Clarkson's current job of being the combo guard off ball.   Marshall is still the floor general out there and looked every part of it while Clarkson looked very much like the combo guard, like Westbrook looked in UCLA when he played off ball.  

The difference is Clarkson before he went to college played a lot of 2 before playing the 1 in college so he's used to being a combo guard and has the actual size to be one and capability as he's shown.  

That's why him and Marshall are starting to really work well together.    

Have them both. Marshall the 1 coming off the bench Clarkson the 2 coming off the bench, Jeremy Lin starting.  That would work perfectly imo. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#298 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,545 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 15, 2014 - 10:57 AM

:laughing:

I'm fairly certain you're not the only one who feels that way. 

you dont say

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#299 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,686 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 17, 2014 - 12:56 AM

Jordan Clarkson Interview after the game(special surprise) 

really like this kid.  Had a good feeling about him, still do. 

Edited by Majesty, July 17, 2014 - 12:56 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#300 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,467 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted July 17, 2014 - 02:40 AM

Jordan Clarkson looks like a steal but like some said, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Many players before him looked great in the summer league but did nothing in the actual NBA.

Exactly. We've had summer league stand-outs before, so i wouldn't get my hopes up.

That said, what else do we have at this point?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users