Photo

Lakers select Jordan Clarkson with the 46th pick

• Please log in to reply
618 replies to this topic

#601 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 42,314 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted Yesterday, 10:49 PM

Doesn't say anything about him earning it in practice. He "just wanted to change the lineup/rotation today".

Like I said, Byron said it in the interview with Time Warner on Access Sportsnet.   You are asking me for a quote when I actually SAW him say it  :laughing:   I hope you understand how silly it is.  

Maybe if you watched Access Sportsnet more often instead of relying on the internet you wouldn't need it ;)

Byron even mentioned it last night.   Here

2:29   

Ding asks Byron if Kobe's absence made it easier to go to Jordan(Clarkson)

Byron: "Not really.  Because I really had planned on starting Jordan with Kobe. So it doesn't make it easier because that was going to be my gameplan in the first place."  

tumblr_lpdwyzACFL1qjys7d.gif

it also doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out  -_-   unless talking to a wall.  

No of course he didn't earn it in practice, it was his 3 DNP's and two 6 point games that followed that earned him the starting position with Kobe.

Edited by Majesty, Today, 01:35 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#602 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Rina Takeda

• 9,154 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Harper

Posted Yesterday, 10:54 PM

Inglorious-Bastards.gif

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#603 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 3,254 posts

Posted Today, 12:20 AM

Ding asks Byron if Kobe's absence made it easier to go to Jordan(Clarkson)

Byron: "Not really.  Because I really had planned on starting Jordan with Kobe. So it doesn't make it easier because that was going to be my gameplan in the first place."  

I was asking you for a link to the video of him saying Clarkson earned it in practice. Haven't seen it yet.

Again, where does Byron say "I was going to start Jordan Clarkson because he earned it in practice over Jeremy Lin and Ronnie Price".

That is what you said, after all....

Scott revealed that Clarkson had been doing so well in practice (yes THAT practice) that he was planning to start him next to Kobe soon. 

Looks like Clarkson WAS earning it in practice and about to be named starter over Price, but of course that was impossible according to some    :bounce:

You've also failed to explain where Sacre earned it over Davis and Kelly earned it over Wesley. 

Your whole argument is that Clarkson started because he earned it in practice. You haven't provided evidence to that. All you've done is shown a video of him saying "I was planning on starting him next to Kobe anyways".

Edited by JGuez, Today, 12:22 AM.

#604 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,994 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted Today, 02:41 AM

Also some information.  

Scott revealed that Clarkson had been doing so well in practice (yes THAT practice) that he was planning to start him next to Kobe soon. 

Looks like Clarkson WAS earning it in practice and about to be named starter over Price, but of course that was impossible according to some   :bounce:

But to be fair, a whole lot of members were predicting big minutes for Clarkson in 2nd half of season.

And here we are

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health (Nope, another season ending injury), 2. High Draft Pick (Randle...season ending injury game #1.*sigh*) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet, but Black looks nice), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of, Davis, nice upside!), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron coaching to tank and injure)

#605 Majesty

Majesty

• 42,314 posts

Posted Today, 03:08 AM

But to be fair, a whole lot of members were predicting big minutes for Clarkson in 2nd half of season.

And here we are

We also predicted that this would be about the time Randle earned the starting spot from Boozer. 

Which I predict may have been weeks ago. 

But as everything seems to happen for a reason, if Randle was able to play this year we likely wouldn't have Black.   Long as we can have BOTH of them next year. 

#606 kozmo

kozmo

Rookie

• 862 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:kone

Posted Today, 09:03 AM

yea he blocked a shot in practice...wow, thats a good reason to start...lol....are you guys serious? I like the kid but come on man!

This is about Lin leaving not about Clarkson being a good player....a starter. But hey they've been starting Price so why not.....they are both great players.....clearly the best guards on the team.....hell Clarkson has a better shooting percentage than GOD Kobe..

The Lakers are soooooooo screwed....

#607 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 4,409 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted Today, 09:11 AM

^^ not about Clarkson.... But this thread is not about Lin. Anywhooooo.

Edited by FranklinPeanuts, Today, 09:12 AM.

#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#608 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 3,254 posts

Posted Today, 09:54 AM

And here we are

Yep. I'm still waiting for a link of Byron saying "Clarkson earned the starting spot in practice over Lin and Price".

I will more than happily admit I am wrong and apologize. 

#609 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 1,223 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted Today, 10:11 AM

Yep. I'm still waiting for a link of Byron saying "Clarkson earned the starting spot in practice over Lin and Price".

I will more than happily admit I am wrong and apologize.

Majesty says things and when you challenge him for proof he becomes quite or he will write a long post about nothing.

#610 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 3,254 posts

Posted Today, 10:20 AM

Majesty says things and when you challenge him for proof he becomes quite or he will write a long post about nothing.

It doesn't make any sense and I feel he hast to be called out on this. I may not know him in real life but I come here a lot, and when you lie about things your opinion holds zero weight in my eyes.

I've explicitly asked for this proof (politely I might add) this whole time. He then goes and posts a video which is a response to something else and has nothing to do with my question for proof. Posts a gif saying "BOOM" like he's got me (which I found to be rude and childish btw) and a video of Clarkson blocking Lin one time as if that is how he earned the spot.

I block my friend all the time because I am bigger than he is. My friend is WAY better at basketball than I am. 

Also, I want my proof to be dated from when Majesty claimed Byron said this. It can't be from any date after the claim was made by Majesty.

Again, I don't care if I'm wrong. Just show me that I am. It doesn't bother me to admit when I'm wrong about something....especially on a message board where I don't know people.....

#611 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 4,409 posts

Posted Today, 10:50 AM

Owning up to your junk is hard to do on this board. Lol
Right, wrong or being a butt about it. Haha
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#612 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Rina Takeda

• 9,154 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Harper

Posted Today, 12:00 PM

What is life?

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#613 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 18,094 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted Today, 12:02 PM

Gonna watch todays game just for Clarkson.

#614 Shiro

Shiro

Rookie

• 886 posts

Posted Today, 03:55 PM

I'm curious to see how he does tonight.

yea he blocked a shot in practice...wow, thats a good reason to start...lol....are you guys serious? I like the kid but come on man!

This is about Lin leaving not about Clarkson being a good player....a starter. But hey they've been starting Price so why not.....they are both great players.....clearly the best guards on the team.....hell Clarkson has a better shooting percentage than GOD Kobe..

The Lakers are soooooooo screwed....

You and your Lin talk lol

#615 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 4,409 posts

Posted Today, 04:21 PM

Lin Homer. Lol
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#616 Majesty

Majesty

• 42,314 posts

Posted Today, 04:44 PM

Tonight is gonna be a true test. Beverley is gonna be trying to bully, foul and frustrate him all night

#617 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Off The Bench

• 2,011 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted Today, 05:11 PM

sink or swim for Clarkson. I like the kid but wish his learning curve isn't so big.

#618 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Off The Bench

• 2,011 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted Today, 05:19 PM

lol. Clarkson just arrived at Staples carrying a baby doll while pushing a toy stroller. Rookie hazing.hahaha

#619 Ring Chaser

Ring Chaser

Rookie

• 969 posts
  • Name:Gamertag: Fatality Actual
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Russell Westbrook

Posted Today, 05:57 PM

It was Byron's idea to make Clarkson and Black stroll toy babies to game

Rookie hazing update: Tarik Black, Clarkson will push these babies around rest of season, as per Byron's insistence.

B8PS58CCAAEIPTL.jpg

Edited by Ring Chaser, Today, 05:58 PM.

Join the movement and follow me on Twitter! @dapper_actual

"If you're going to lose, you have to lose because you can't be in the middle of the pack. You either have to be great or you have to be bad to get a good pick" - Earvin Magic Johnson

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

JGuez