#1201 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,553 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 22, 2014 - 11:08 PM

Tonight Julius Randle is just playing the game instead of thinking the game and he looks more comfortable on the floor.

Edited by Majesty, October 22, 2014 - 11:09 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#1202 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,099 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 22, 2014 - 11:34 PM

Tonight Julius Randle is just playing the game instead of thinking the game and he looks more comfortable on the floor.

:bounce: 

#1203 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 500 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted October 22, 2014 - 11:54 PM

"I told my mom at a young age, `I don't want to just be a post player," he said. "I remember I was always taller than everybody when I was younger, and people were always like, `Oh, he's going to be the next Shaq.' And I'm like, `No, I don't want to be the next Shaq. I want to be Kobe."

#1204 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,142 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:14 AM

Kobe's influence on his game could be seen throughout the game. Jab step, post moves, body control...

Great performance by Randle to boost his confidence.

Edited by Tensai, Yesterday, 12:15 AM.

#1205 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,109 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted Yesterday, 05:15 AM

No actually that would be you.  If Scott was so great why has he been fired 3 times in the last decade?  Answer me that

David West. Tristan Thompson.

Don't pay homie no mind, half the time he's talking straight from his ass.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#1206 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,099 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted Yesterday, 06:43 AM

No actually that would be you.  If Scott was so great why has he been fired 3 times in the last decade?  Answer me that

Because life has ups and downs

Byron is an Inglewood kid who played for titles in the foru m and was the leading scorer of a Showtime team.

Phil's  been fired twice....is that a reflection of his coaching IQ or ability?

Again, you're on a Lakers forum trying to dismiss Laker players , management and coach

Go do something like write a book or article, and Laker fans will come to YOU and your opinions, like Abbot.

But to come here, those actions represent something I don't agree with

#1207 RickyStarFox

RickyStarFox

Rookie

• 910 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted Yesterday, 07:47 AM

Take the L Jody.

You're wrong and it couldn't be more obvious , the worst part is , you didn't even have to say anything, all the guy said was that Byron is pretty good at developing rookies, and if his history is any indication ( all the players named) number one picks and others alike, he's right. But no, you just gotta take shots at Byron just because YOU think people only wanted him because he's a former Laker. Lmao.

You so quick to call people corny , yet you push the corniest agendas on the site.

Let's go through the list again.

Kenyon Martin

Richard Jefferson ( Nets)

Chris Paul

Kyrie Irving

David West

Tristan Thompson

Is there anything else Jody?

Oh yea, how about this little doozy of information.  Byron is the Nets franchise's all-time leader in playoff games coached (40) and wins (25), as well as playoff-game winning percentage (.625)

Edited by RickyStarFox, Yesterday, 07:48 AM.

#1208 NomisR

NomisR

Rookie

• 39 posts
  • Fan Since:86

Posted Yesterday, 09:01 AM

Oh yea, how about this little doozy of information.  Byron is the Nets franchise's all-time leader in playoff games coached (40) and wins (25), as well as playoff-game winning percentage (.625)

In a way though, this stat is kinda sad for the nets team showing how bad historically they've been.  Byron Scott's historically their best coach?  ROFL

#1209 RickyStarFox

RickyStarFox

Rookie

• 910 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:19 AM

In a way though, this stat is kinda sad for the nets team showing how bad historically they've been.  Byron Scott's historically their best coach?  ROFL

That Nets Team basically  were the 10' Clippers  of the early 00's.

Edited by RickyStarFox, Yesterday, 09:19 AM.

#1210 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,109 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:55 AM

Franchise leader in wins of a franchise that was nothing but average even when they went to the Finals?  The one that also had a prime J Kidd?  You still can't provide any proof that Scott made those players better.  All of those players outside of West were top picks and have shown they could be productive ANYWHERE in the NBA.  Why are we even mentioning Tristan Thompson?  He was the 4th pick and has been talked about as nothing but a bad pick at that spot since being in the league due to a dumb front office. 

Im not saying Scott didn't have an impact on them as players but you can't attribute their success to him. 

Take the L Jody.

You're wrong and it couldn't be more obvious , the worst part is , you didn't even have to say anything, all the guy said was that Byron is pretty good at developing rookies, and if his history is any indication ( all the players named) number one picks and others alike, he's right. But no, you just gotta take shots at Byron just because YOU think people only wanted him because he's a former Laker. Lmao.

You so quick to call people corny , yet you push the corniest agendas on the site.

Let's go through the list again.

Kenyon Martin

Richard Jefferson ( Nets)

Chris Paul

Kyrie Irving

David West

Tristan Thompson

Is there anything else Jody?

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#1211 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,109 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:59 AM

This is why we can't have quality debates because you guys get so focused on trying to prove me wrong or get me to take some L that you don't even add anything quality to the debate.  You never really counter my points either. 

No BBIQ when was Phil ever fired?  I recall he left the Bulls and the Lakers mostly due to things that had NOTHING to do with his ability to coach a team.  Scott was fired b/c he was an average coach that lost his locker room.  You're comparing apples to oranges. 

#1212 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted Yesterday, 10:09 AM

I really hate seeing this thread about Julius Randle get derailed by this tit-for-tat that I don't think most people are really paying attention to.

Randle just played his best game of the pre-season, but instead, I check in here to read a lover's spat about Byron Scott's ability to coach young players that is way off topic.

Disappointing. 

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#1213 RickyStarFox

RickyStarFox

Rookie

• 910 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:30 AM

Yea, Jody I'm sorry, whatever you win.

Randle was a beast last night. Love the variety in his game.

#1214 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,553 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:41 AM

Aside from both Chris Paul and Kyrie Irving both praising Scott for their development, that would be enough honestly.

And seeing how Julius is starting to adjust to the game as well, if Julius' only ptoblem is conditioning and speed and toughness of the game then Kobe and Scott will handle that fine

#1215 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,109 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:14 AM

Never once said he didn't have an impact on them.  The root of the discussion was that he was great for rookies.  Who hires a coach on that premise?  My counter to that was any halfway decent coach could have had a good impact on those guys and they were already so talented that they were going to be good regardless.  Lets not act like Scott turned water into wine with those guys.  Julius has played like 5 games.  There isn't enough evidence to see what he's adjusted. 

Aside from both Chris Paul and Kyrie Irving both praising Scott for their development, that would be enough honestly.

And seeing how Julius is starting to adjust to the game as well, if Julius' only ptoblem is conditioning and speed and toughness of the game then Kobe and Scott will handle that fine

#1216 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 696 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted Yesterday, 11:46 AM

I just hope once Kobe comes back we actually post Randle up instead of posting Kobe up 90 percent of the time

#1217 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,553 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:02 PM

Kobe posting up and coming off screens off ball for the wide open jumper is where he's going to be most effective.   Why would we stick Kobe on the perimeter?  

#1218 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,415 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted Yesterday, 12:44 PM

amazing footwork

hope he keeps this up for houston on tuesday! :kissing:

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1), Bing (1)