#681 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Rookie

• 616 posts
  • Name:William
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 13, 2014 - 10:00 PM

First of all you don't give a roster spot to guys there to take fouls. And secondly a "hard foul" in today's game is a flagrant.

If thats the case then ill apply for that position.. I'll hit lebron so hard and im not gonna ask for alot of money doing it.. I might do it for free :)

#682 Lebronion Rings

Lebronion Rings

Rookie

• 116 posts
  • Name:Reid Ponce
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic

Posted July 14, 2014 - 11:03 AM

If thats the case then ill apply for that position.. I'll hit lebron so hard and im not gonna ask for alot of money doing it.. I might do it for free :)

Lebron would thump anyone in this thread. You'd probably break your arm trying to "foul" him.

#683 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,087 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 14, 2014 - 10:07 PM

His ball handling is a lot better than I thought. 

When he wanted to win the game he got a bit crazy and went 1 on 5.. which is why he'll get along with Kobe just fine from a mentor standpoint =P 

But dang, Julius for his 2nd game in months looked pretty good out there, from a skill standpoint the Jazz and Celtics look like idiots for passing up on him to play keepaway from the Lakers. 

Our benefit if he pans out :) 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#684 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,734 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 14, 2014 - 10:10 PM

^ Plus he was fatigued

In terms of half court. Don't see him as a pick and roll player

more of an iso

So I would try and have him and kobe play on opposite sides of the floor

#685 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,073 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 10:38 PM

Randle is baby webber

Will he grow up to be an adult webber

Edited by last stand 2.0, July 14, 2014 - 10:39 PM.

Posted Image

#686 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,392 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 11:05 PM

I love this guy. Period. It's just so easy to appreciate people who go in and play hard. Simple as that.

#687 KSOR24

KSOR24

Rookie

• 667 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 14, 2014 - 11:50 PM

The thing that intrigues me the most about Randle is that he can start out at the three point line and bulldoze his way to the basket. That's rare for a big man. Now granted, that's why he turned it over a lot in college, but imagine if he develops a reliable jumper. He would be killer.

#688 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,271 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted July 15, 2014 - 12:44 AM

Randle needs to start pulling up and taking jump shots. Glad that he is getting to the hole and getting fouls but he'll be far more effective if he start shooting.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, July 15, 2014 - 01:01 AM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#689 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,577 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted July 15, 2014 - 01:00 AM

The dude is 19, he's really good but he has so much room for improvement. I've had my eyes on Randle since his high school senior mixtape and I'm beyond excited to be watching the development of Julius.

I like how now everyone thinks he's more of a Odom than a Zbo. I can't say enough how he doesn't play the way he looks. With his big rocky build you'd think he'd only be useful on the block. Instead, were in for a quick first step with a flashy spin move and sharp ball control. Granted, he's 19 and it's gonna look horrible and predictable for a while, but he's gonna get it set and figured out before we know it.

#690 Success@Success@Success

Success@Success@Success

Rookie

• 49 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime Lakers
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 15, 2014 - 05:54 AM

The dude is 19, he's really good but he has so much room for improvement. I've had my eyes on Randle since his high school senior mixtape and I'm beyond excited to be watching the development of Julius.

I like how now everyone thinks he's more of a Odom than a Zbo. I can't say enough how he doesn't play the way he looks. With his big rocky build you'd think he'd only be useful on the block. Instead, were in for a quick first step with a flashy spin move and sharp ball control. Granted, he's 19 and it's gonna look horrible and predictable for a while, but he's gonna get it set and figured out before we know it.

As predictable as that spin move is, it's still very hard to defend. Tony Parker's spin move comes to mind

#691 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted July 15, 2014 - 06:01 AM

Good post.  In college, what he finally was able to do (basically, for the last 5 weeks of the season), was make the right pass out of the high post.  Once he did that, the offense really began to click, and Kentucky started winning. 

(For several weeks, he came out to the top of the key, was handed the ball, stood around, then handed it back off to a guard, then he want and hid in the corner and was ignored for the rest of the possession. It was painful to watch). 

The thing that intrigues me the most about Randle is that he can start out at the three point line and bulldoze his way to the basket. That's rare for a big man. Now granted, that's why he turned it over a lot in college, but imagine if he develops a reliable jumper. He would be killer.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#692 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted July 15, 2014 - 06:04 AM

Going to have to develop sets for him and have spots where he catches and shoots.  Baby steps, in that regard.  For the last year, the offense was never designed to have him shoot pull-up jumpers.  The objective of his role on offense - at least initially - was to draw fouls, get teams in the penalty and allow the Harrisons and James Young to drive at the end of the game.

In coference play; however, he quit getting calls.  January and February were frustrating, but they finally made the right adjustments in March. 

Randle needs to start pulling up and taking jump shots. Glad that he is getting to the hole and getting fouls but he'll be far more effective if he start shooting.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#693 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,271 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted July 15, 2014 - 06:32 AM

Going to have to develop sets for him and have spots where he catches and shoots.  Baby steps, in that regard.  For the last year, the offense was never designed to have him shoot pull-up jumpers.  The objective of his role on offense - at least initially - was to draw fouls, get teams in the penalty and allow the Harrisons and James Young to drive at the end of the game.

In coference play; however, he quit getting calls.  January and February were frustrating, but they finally made the right adjustments in March. 

i know I've watched him since high school and all through college. He did it in High School.  I'm speaking of that game yesterday. Where he was trying to force his way in a lot of times. Sometimes you have to take what the defense gives he should have pulled up for some of those touches he got. He def has to develop it even more and have confidence in it.. 

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, July 15, 2014 - 06:35 AM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#694 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,484 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 15, 2014 - 06:39 AM

You should probably fact check before you post.  Florida hasn't been to the NCAA title since Noah left.  He also has very little in common with Ben Wallace outside of having the body of a bodybuilder.  Patric Young looks the part but Ben had the physical ability to guard any player.  He also avg 9-10 reb in his college career.  Young has 4 years of average rebounding and poor shot blocking...

Camp invite at best.

he was a contributor on a title team

I think you cant always tell what a player is going to be

A lot of things Ben Wallace did made him look terrible

But being 6'8 and playing BIG and strong is an asset in sports

6 hard fouls 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#695 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,392 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 07:54 AM

#696 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,029 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted July 15, 2014 - 10:33 AM

Randle looks fine, might even be an all star someday, but lets not act as if he's the savior of this franchise or anyone thats going to attract a big name FA. 

#697 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,087 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 15, 2014 - 10:42 AM

Him doing all that at 6'9 250 pounds(at 19 which means he'd be around 260+ at 21 of muscle) would seem to me like a very beneficial thing.  If he develops his jump shot he's going to be very dangerous.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#698 RickyStarFox

RickyStarFox

Rookie

• 744 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted July 15, 2014 - 11:12 AM

The Kid moves like a 2 guard.

That reverse was nasty and the up and under at 2:31 was Hakeem esque.

#699 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 987 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Robert Horry

Posted July 15, 2014 - 11:19 AM

This kid reminds me of Odom with more physicality. He can handle the ball but put it on the floor and bully his way into the lane. If he develops a legit jump shot he will be a very damn good forward.

#700 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Pineapple winner!

• 1,784 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 15, 2014 - 11:36 AM

I hope he can grove 2 more inches, that would be really, really good.

Impossible is nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users