Photo

Isaiah Thomas Hoping For Free Agency Offer From Lakers?

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#21 martin90

martin90

Rookie

• 468 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 24, 2014 - 06:17 AM

Cheaper and better option for the PG, imo. Do it Mitch!!!

#22 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts
  • Name:ry
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:luke walton

Posted June 24, 2014 - 07:07 AM

Lakers want Lowry, Isaiah wants the Lakers, Lakers may draft a PG or Lakers may trade for a MCW.... All I can say is, bye bye Nash and or Marshall

Good marshall and dwight have the same range

#23 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,810 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 24, 2014 - 07:59 AM

Not a priority...land Melo and/or LeBron and that offer will mean a LOT more.

Not saying we shouldn't open discussions...just that he'll take whatever's left if it means playing with LeBron/Melo than just "The Lakers"...especially as currently constructed.

Get a new Franchise Player...Players will come.

#24 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts

Posted June 24, 2014 - 09:19 AM

Not a priority...land Melo and/or LeBron and that offer will mean a LOT more.

Not saying we shouldn't open discussions...just that he'll take whatever's left if it means playing with LeBron/Melo than just "The Lakers"...especially as currently constructed.

Get a new Franchise Player...Players will come.

I agree i want melo

#25 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts

Posted June 24, 2014 - 09:20 AM

As soon as we get a player who other players want to play with we will land good free agents

#26 DaveGrumbles

DaveGrumbles

Rookie

• 232 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba, Big Game James

Posted June 24, 2014 - 09:27 AM

Thomas is a guy I thought they should make a push for along with Monroe. Kings are maybe 6 or 7M from luxury tax and they're aren't a team thats really in a situation to get into that kind of spending. Lakers could offer about that much and get a PG that can really push the pace and get into the lane.

#27 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,542 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 24, 2014 - 09:41 AM

Out of Thomas and Lowry, I feel like they would offer somehwhat similar skillsets, so whomever is willing to take the lower amount of money you obviously put your chips in for.

Hopefully its between the range of $4-7 million, anything out of that than I'd rather pray we draft Exum, Smart, or Payton.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#28 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,393 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted June 24, 2014 - 12:23 PM

Dont the lakers (othe teams as well) have to wait 3 days from any offer they make to RFA's to hear if the other team will match or beat?

The big dominos have to fall or agree before the lakers can risk going and waiting after the RFA's.

He'd be a nice player at the right price no question

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle...injured game #1.*sigh*) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#29 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts

Posted June 24, 2014 - 12:38 PM

We wont have the chance to draft exum i really want smart and i would take peyton over randle or gordon i think payton is gonna be a damian lillard type player

Lowry is a way better defender then thomas^^^

Thomas is probably a better scorer then lowry lowry will be more expensive who knows with the kings they r trying to trade for josh smith

#30 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted June 24, 2014 - 03:14 PM

They could very well pick up a new PG in the draft or something.

what'd i say -- theyve learned their lesson every time they play another PG over him ; his teammates call the coaching staff out ,then, Isaiah proves beyond any doubt that he's there guy. 20ppg 6apg , 34mpg, solid shooting %.

why risk going another route if they dont have to ? he's proven he can ball there; that he's their guy.

they will try hard to keep him.

really dont expect them to hesitate before 8million

Edited by iDreamShake, June 24, 2014 - 03:14 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#31 WeNeedVanExcel

WeNeedVanExcel

Rookie

• 386 posts
  • Fan Since:1980

Posted June 24, 2014 - 04:22 PM

King are you serious? There is no D. Lillard in this draft. He is a special talent that was very polished in college with his scoring ..passing and handle. No one in this draft at pg has that ceiling. Payton is not an offensive player. He is similar to Smart in that he is a much better defender than offensive threat. Both can't shoot and both don't have a handle any where near Lillards in his rookie yr. Lillard along with Steph Curry are the best shooters from the pg position to come in the league in a very long time. They can shoot the 3 off the bounce and have mid range games. Neither need screens to get to the hoop or create space for there own shot.  2 of the best handles in the NBA also.

Payton more like a Beverly or Collison type with skill set.

We wont have the chance to draft exum i really want smart and i would take peyton over randle or gordon i think payton is gonna be a damian lillard type player

Lowry is a way better defender then thomas^^^

Thomas is probably a better scorer then lowry lowry will be more expensive who knows with the kings they r trying to trade for josh smith

#32 Shiro

Shiro

Rookie

• 582 posts

Posted June 24, 2014 - 04:48 PM

King are you serious? There is no D. Lillard in this draft. He is a special talent that was very polished in college with his scoring ..passing and handle. No one in this draft at pg has that ceiling. Payton is not an offensive player. He is similar to Smart in that he is a much better defender than offensive threat. Both can't shoot and both don't have a handle any where near Lillards in his rookie yr. Lillard along with Steph Curry are the best shooters from the pg position to come in the league in a very long time. They can shoot the 3 off the bounce and have mid range games. Neither need screens to get to the hoop or create space for there own shot.  2 of the best handles in the NBA also.

Payton more like a Beverly or Collison type with skill set.

Payton has been getting comparisons to a young Gary Payton.

#33 WeNeedVanExcel

WeNeedVanExcel

Rookie

• 386 posts

Posted June 24, 2014 - 05:56 PM

G. Payton wasn't very athletic. Barely jumped over a phone book. He also wasn't the quickest. We do know he was one of the best on and ball defenders to ever play. Payton will be a solid pro but all star to top 10 type talent at the pg position I have much doubt.

#34 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted June 24, 2014 - 06:58 PM

Payton reminds me alot of Beverly defensively. the quickness to beat NBA point guards to their spot. even do that picking em up full court.

while on the other hand; i think Smart will be a better defender of SGs than PGs. or a good big-PG defender.

i give Payton the edge defensively vs. PGs over Smart. Smart can be GREAT tho vs. SGs, big impact (he shut Wiggins downnn nasty, in front of his every move.)

Payton's jumper is behind Smart's even , tho. Payton's in game jumper is the flatest brick , can barely make it to the rim - which is the worst.

i wouldnt pick Payton at 7 because of it. practice/workout Js are different.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#35 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts

Posted June 24, 2014 - 08:34 PM

King are you serious? There is no D. Lillard in this draft. He is a special talent that was very polished in college with his scoring ..passing and handle. No one in this draft at pg has that ceiling. Payton is not an offensive player. He is similar to Smart in that he is a much better defender than offensive threat. Both can't shoot and both don't have a handle any where near Lillards in his rookie yr. Lillard along with Steph Curry are the best shooters from the pg position to come in the league in a very long time. They can shoot the 3 off the bounce and have mid range games. Neither need screens to get to the hoop or create space for there own shot. 2 of the best handles in the NBA also.

Payton more like a Beverly or Collison type with skill set.

I think lillard will be best pg next couple of years i stated tht in my big 3 thread hes one of my favorite players he beat dwight!

Tht said i think exum has close to the same ceiling he will either be the next star or a really good starting pg i think u r under valueing him

As far as payton I was comparing the two as payton will be a under rated pg from a small school that I think will be a really good nba player alot better then beverly

Not tht he is as good just his situation reminds me of lillards

#36 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,946 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 24, 2014 - 09:29 PM

VanExel have you seen Payton's handles?  

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#37 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,445 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted June 24, 2014 - 09:40 PM

If the Lakers had a secondy lottery pick, I would nab Payton with it. Kid is fearless. Has handles, attacks the rim and plays defense. Don't need to mention the hair, do I? Lol
Posted Image

#38 WeNeedVanExcel

WeNeedVanExcel

Rookie

• 386 posts

Posted June 25, 2014 - 07:11 AM

Watched a few of his games last. Wasn't really impressed. Seemed pretty basic to me.

VanExel have you seen Payton's handles?  

#39 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts

Posted June 25, 2014 - 08:50 AM

Watched a few of his games last. Wasn't really impressed. Seemed pretty basic to me.

He had pretty great stats

#40 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts

Posted June 25, 2014 - 09:01 AM

Any body but randle

Heres under 18 under 19 watever stats

Payton 9 games played 9 games started 55 pts 19 assist 21 steals